Are you ready for the return of Geno in 2017?

JustInFudge

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/22/2017-nfl-free-agency-did-geno-smith-hint-at-a-jets-reunion/

Geno Smith is a tough guy to figure out, especially on Twitter.

The Jets free agent QB, who many assume will leave for another team, is one of the club’s most active players on the social media platform. But it’s usually difficult to translate his tweets.

Well, the always cryptic Smith was at it once again on Tuesday.

While it’s impossible to know what Smith is referring to in this tweet, it doesn’t take too active an imagination to wonder if he’s alluding to his future with the Jets.

Smith will be a free agent for the first time in his career and while many think he’s better off finding a new home, he might be the Jets’ best option at quarterback of the available free agents this spring.

Whether it was injuries or bad luck, Smith has never gotten a fair shot to start at QB under the Jets regime of Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan. They could still be curious about Smith’s tantalizing skill set.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one, am totally ready for this.  It would be the most Jetsiest thing ever if this regime dicked around with Ryan Fitzpatrick for 2 years, never giving Geno a shot when it was the clear thing to do, with a better OC and 10x better weapons, only to bring him back after his contract expired to start again in 2017.

Cant wait!

I support this strongly.   It would complete an honest picture of where the Jets are at QB.  It allows cap room to be applied to other areas of the team and not a band aid over the hill QB.   Geno won 8 games and can through the ball deep.

The record that results will be what the Jets deserve and hopefully set them up for a top pick in 2018.

I have been stating this for some time now. Fans don't have to like this. He is a second round draft pick of the NYJ. The best QB on the 2016 roster. It makes more sense to keep him, have him compete for the starter's spot. At worst he is a capable back up, with experience who does not cost a lot.

Just now, gEYno said:

Prove, not provide.

Prove that you did not post that from Geno's account.

Oh oops.  I dont have my glasses on.

I cant prove that I didnt hack Geno's account.  The only thing I can say is that I'm really dumb and dont know how to use social media so you can probably deduce that I'm not capable of such an act. 

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

I have been stating this for some time now. Fans don't have to like this. He is a second round draft pick of the NYJ. The best QB on the 2016 roster. It makes more sense to keep him, have him compete for the starter's spot. At worst he is a capable back up, with experience who does not cost a lot.

He'd win.  Just like he was winning before his jaw got broke and this stupid ass regime got roped in by Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick. 

If they go with those 3 as their Qbs then a lot of fan backlash. You do not spend so little on the Qb position in the NFL. All 3 are unproven, actually Geno had 30 starts and he's proven-to be a bad Qb. I don't think the Jets would do that and give up on paper for the 2017 season. With a reset on defense a fair to good starting Qb or even just a game manager could move us in the right direction.Look. I want to win in 2017 and not tank it. I'm looking forward to having a competitive team and there is talent here. At the least I try to sign Hoyer. Not Geno. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh oops.  I dont have my glasses on.

I cant prove that I didnt hack Geno's account.  The only thing I can say is that I'm really dumb and dont know how to use social media so you can probably deduce that I'm not capable of such an act. 

That's exactly what a master hacker would say.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Well, at least I wont have to hack your account to change your user name if he's resigned. 

I don't even know where to go from here.  The whole thing started as kind of a goof on anyone but Sanchez.  But, I don't even have enough faith in Petty or Hack to pretend.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I don't even know where to go from here.  The whole thing started as kind of a goof on anyone but Sanchez.  But, I don't even have enough faith in Petty or Hack to pretend.

At least with you could go with peEtY - or something.  You aint got sh*t with Hack.  

50 minutes ago, JiF said:

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/22/2017-nfl-free-agency-did-geno-smith-hint-at-a-jets-reunion/

Geno Smith is a tough guy to figure out, especially on Twitter.

The Jets free agent QB, who many assume will leave for another team, is one of the club’s most active players on the social media platform. But it’s usually difficult to translate his tweets.

Well, the always cryptic Smith was at it once again on Tuesday.

While it’s impossible to know what Smith is referring to in this tweet, it doesn’t take too active an imagination to wonder if he’s alluding to his future with the Jets.

Smith will be a free agent for the first time in his career and while many think he’s better off finding a new home, he might be the Jets’ best option at quarterback of the available free agents this spring.

Whether it was injuries or bad luck, Smith has never gotten a fair shot to start at QB under the Jets regime of Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan. They could still be curious about Smith’s tantalizing skill set.

Never "gotten a fair shot"?  He was handed the job twice and he couldn't stay on the field.  Where do they come up with this stuff?

This is a terrible move waiting to happen.  Pllleeeeeeeaaaaassse NO!!!!!!!!!  Sometimes players just wear out their welcome and reach a point where no matter what they do or say, the perception of them is so bad and negative that every single bad play, silly comment, and facial expression is scrutinized and just makes it very near impossible to be successful on the current team.  That's where we are with Geno.  He might very well move on to another team and be a productive NFL QB (I doubt it), but that will NEVER happen in NY.  Pack his bags for him and drive him to the airport. 

You don't drastically cut corners on the Qb position. You don't budget 3 to 4 million if you carry 3 guys on the roster. If you want to be competitive you have to pay someone. What do you use the saved money for then if not for a good Qb. That's what the money is here for. Geno will get a job somewhere but then he has to make a roster. Unless we cut either Petty or Hack there is only room for one vet Qb or a top draft pick. If we select someone like Watson it's then Watson, Petty and Hack. We have to commit money for the Qb position and I think Mac knows that. 

58 minutes ago, JiF said:

He'd win.  Just like he was winning before his jaw got broke and this stupid ass regime got roped in by Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick. 

Lol...Maybe they sign another QB with experience to compete against Geno and have Petty compete against Hack. Petty may draw a draft pick in a trade. Better than just cutting him.

Archived