Are you ready for the return of Geno in 2017?

JustInFudge

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, slats said:

First, I think it's a reach to speculate that tweet means he's coming back to the Jets. 

Second & third, Geno would be better off almost anywhere else, and the Jets would be better off with almost anyone else. They've changed coordinators, so it's not like there's any continuity on offense to talk about. The fans here will not cut him an inch of slack. Long before he even steps back on the field, the team will face massive repercussions: a level which I don't think they can withstand, being that Mac and Bowles are already treading on thin ice with fans. Just can't imagine this happening. At all. 

So yes, I'd be surprised despite the warning. 

Ummmmm this100%

Even we aren't this dumb.......

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Geno is not underdeveloped. He has 30 starts. It's enough. He had his chance. Very few Qbs get this many starts and play so bad. 

Who was he throwing to? How much did Rex pay attention to the O? Smith is an underdeveloped NYJ 2nd Round pick. He was the best QB on the roster. The NYJ will not win the SB in the upcoming season. Going most other places for a QB will mean the Jets over pay.

Didn't that just happen with FUTZ? He is still to be paid $5MM USD this season for guess what? Not playing for the Jets after his disgraceful, fan based debacle last season. This is a very good move for the Jets if they re-sign Smith. A young, low cost QB with starting experience. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

The fact Macc and Co were so desperate to sign Fitz, or draft Petty, or draft Hack, should tell you everything you need to know about how Bowles, Chan and Macc saw Geno Smith.

The fact the team is reported to be interested in Cutler, Romo, Glennon, Taylor and more, and have Petty and Hack on the roster already (both Macc picks) should tell you everything you need to know about how they view Geno Smith.

Signing a guy who just helped produce one of the best Offensive production years in franchise history makes sense.  Every pro analyst said it was the right move, and it was.  It didn't work out.  No excuses for that, and the guy who didn't work out is gone, as he should be.  On egreta year, one sh*t year.  

Signing a guy who failed utterly as a starter, got his jaw broke by his own teammate over $600, failed to beat out a journeyman QB, and has been an immature twit every minute of his pro career.....doesn't make sense.  Two sh*t years, one broke jaw punk year, one couldn't-last-a-game-doh-injured year.  An sad era, and it's over.

Geno Smith isn't coming back here, and his faux-cryptic "don't be surprised" has nothing to do with the Jets.  It's PR, a "look at me, I still exist, and I'm makin' a comeback!" type of give-me-attention thing.

It made no business sense to sign Futz after May. Anyone cheering the NYJ to do so is clearly shortsighted. No QB will get the NYJ to the SB next season. Best bet, go with Smith. Bring another QB to be a starter. Have them compete. Trade or cut Petty. Hack gets his reps and should be ready to compete in 2018. Maybe even sooner.

Smith is a low cost option and he may even be a starter for the Jets for the foreseeable future. Cutting 2nd round draft picks because you don't like him is senseless. Keeping a 4th rounder who is worse is not smart either.

The NYJ FO needs to make intelligent moves, this would be one of them

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

This....over and over. All the other QB's mentioned are going to command a sick a$$ salary and none of them have proven to give the Jets any more of a chance at winning than Geno but cost significantly more. 

Glennon?- someone's wet dream

Cutler?- born loser 

MccCown? just too damn old, whatever potential he had as a starter is washed up.

As far as dont be surprised? After the broken jaw in the locker room incident & stepping on the field after more than a year in which he griped and made it clear he should have been the starter and promptly tearing up his knee I dont think there is ANYTHING geno freaking smith can do to surprise me anymore.

dont mistake this post...I DON't want geno...I just think the other options at ridiculous prices I dont want either...maybe slightly more "dont want" 

Agree. Why over spend for another guy who won't get the Jets to the SB. Keep Smith around till there is a better option through the draft.

26 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Cutting 2nd round draft picks because you don't like him is senseless.

He isn't being cut.  His contract came to an end and now he is a Free Agent.  Are you really this poorly informed?

We can choose from every QB in Free Agency and the Draft.  You've made no argument thus far that supports Geno Smith being the best available QB.

Lets be honest, we both know why you support Geno.:rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He isn't being cut.  His contract came to an end and now he is a Free Agent.  Are you really this poorly informed?

We can choose from every QB in Free Agency and the Draft.  You've made no argument thus far that supports Geno Smith being the best available QB.

Lets be honest, we both know why you support Geno.:rolleyes:

You know so much...Tell me why I support Smith. Your QBIQ is in serious doubt over the Futz debacle.  Cut or FA if the Jets do not have him on the roster in 2017 he is not a NYJ

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

hey, lets bring back a turnover machine who never even talks to anyone on the sidelines.

you ever notice that ?  everybody treats him like he just farted.

Everyone like Futz right? Stop with the fake news bro. Futz tore the locker room apart.

Who cares about a tweet but the fact is that Geno is the best we've had on the roster the last 3 years.  My guess is he'd equal the performance of a Glennon while costing a 1/3rd of the price.

I'm sure Macc wouldn't mind bringing him back but he's worried about the lunatic fringe who is waiting to gas up the cessna and start flying more banners. 

I mean it's pretty clear the best choice for next year is Geno, but the meatheads would lose their minds. 

5 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

You know so much...Tell me why I support Smith.

After what, a decade, of debate with you JetDawgg, I most certainly know you're views on issues of race, reparations and affirmative action.  :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Your QBIQ is in serious doubt over the Futz debacle.  Cut or FA if the Jets do not have him on the roster in 2017 he is not a NYJ

No more wrong that you've consistently been on Geno Smith.

And yeah, wrong on two Jets QB's (Ramsey, and now Fitz for 50% of his time here).  Right on near on every other QB to wear Jets Green since the mid 80's.

Yeah, I can take that record mate.

4 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

I'd rather have Geno back at $5 million than Jay Cutler at $16 million, Josh Glennon at $15 Million, or Josh McCown at $8 million.

I'd rather have none of these stiffs.  Let Petty and Hackenberg fight for the job and if the winner craps the bed during the season, let the other one start, and be happy that you will have another very high draft pick in 2018 to get get your franchise QB.

4 hours ago, slats said:

First, I think it's a reach to speculate that tweet means he's coming back to the Jets. 

Second & third, Geno would be better off almost anywhere else, and the Jets would be better off with almost anyone else. They've changed coordinators, so it's not like there's any continuity on offense to talk about. The fans here will not cut him an inch of slack. Long before he even steps back on the field, the team will face massive repercussions: a level which I don't think they can withstand, being that Mac and Bowles are already treading on thin ice with fans. Just can't imagine this happening. At all. 

So yes, I'd be surprised despite the warning. 

I'm sure Geno wont say I told you so...

Archived