Are you ready for the return of Geno in 2017?

JustInFudge

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Larz said:

He was ruined by his hero trash talking him every day?

No, he's a 1st round-level talented guy with physical skills......who doesn't love the game, doesn't have the motivations or discipline to get better, and milked his rookie deal for all it's worth never ever improving and consistently dissapointing, before rattling around as a journeyman JAG for a few years before falling out of the league early.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, he's a 1st round-level talented guy with physical skills......who doesn't love the game, doesn't have the motivations or discipline to get better, and milked his rookie deal for all it's worth never ever improving and consistently dissapointing, before rattling around as a journeyman JAG for a few years before falling out of the league early.

Honest question...if we weren't dumb enough to pick the loser where we did, how far down do you think he would have gone? I say 4-5.

9 hours ago, JiF said:

I for one, am totally ready for this.  It would be the most Jetsiest thing ever if this regime dicked around with Ryan Fitzpatrick for 2 years, never giving Geno a shot when it was the clear thing to do, with a better OC and 10x better weapons, only to bring him back after his contract expired to start again in 2017.

Cant wait!

I was never a Geno fan, but I'd like to see Hack, Petty, Geno, Veteran and Draft pick compete for 3 spots.  Like it or not Geno is more accomplished than either Petty, or Hackenberg and he'll come cheap.  Maybe he's learned something from his issue from 3 years ago.  If not he's a goner. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Jordan ruined Brown.  totally different

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Honest question...if we weren't dumb enough to pick the loser where we did, how far down do you think he would have gone? I say 4-5.

Glennon was the next QB off the board in the 3rd (73)  and then 4 QB's in the 4th so Smith could been drafted anywhere from  43 Tampa to 98 Barkley IMHO, no chance he made it out of the 4th even with the bad attitude

Looking back it was a historically bad QB draft Manual, Smith, Glennon, Barley, Nassib, etc... - not a single starter and in a few years none will be in the league

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

I was speaking of 2016. Prior years' performance has no bearing on his current durability on the field. 

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

I was speaking of 2016. Prior years' performance has no bearing on his current durability on the field. 

Petty could not get past 4 games. He is no Iron Man

13 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

I have been stating this for some time now. Fans don't have to like this. He is a second round draft pick of the NYJ. The best QB on the 2016 roster. It makes more sense to keep him, have him compete for the starter's spot. At worst he is a capable back up, with experience who does not cost a lot.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. 

SAR I

7 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I say bring back Geno and Sanchez and let the two see who sucks less

If you think about which of the available veteran backup quarterbacks would even want to come to this 2-14 rebuilding project, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mark Sanchez might be the only options. 

SAR I

12 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Glennon was the next QB off the board in the 3rd (73)  and then 4 QB's in the 4th so Smith could been drafted anywhere from  43 Tampa to 98 Barkley IMHO, no chance he made it out of the 4th even with the bad attitude

Looking back it was a historically bad QB draft Manual, Smith, Glennon, Barley, Nassib, etc... - not a single starter and in a few years none will be in the league

Yeah, you're probably right. Isn't it crazy how the pre draft mocks and rumors just get turned on their heads? I can remember that draft, seeing in various places that either Smith or Nassib could be the overall #1 pick. 

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

McClown is Fitzpatrick II this would be so typical NY Jets. 

They only sign him to compete and hold the fort until either Hackenberg or Petty is ready. Considering that this is a rebuilding year I doubt they hang onto McCown like Bowles hung onto to Fitzpatrick. 

11 minutes ago, August said:

They only sign him to compete and hold the fort until either Hackenberg or Petty is ready. Considering that this is a rebuilding year I doubt they hang onto McCown like Bowles hung onto to Fitzpatrick. 

I agree. Sign a guy like McCown or Hoyer to a one year deal like 3-4 million. The job is to be a good teammate, play until week 5-6 , and then be the backup when Hackenberg takes over. 

Archived