Dcat

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now with 4 picks in the first three rounds let's see Maccagnan step up and
trade down once or twice.  This draft is too deep at CB, S, LB, RB & TE to
be satisfied with seven picks, we need to replenish this roster

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

The pick we ended up trading for Shell is (I believe) the 84th overall pick- our fourth rounder this year, which is valuable pick.

84th would be in the 3rd round, not in the 4th.  Our 4th would have been 7 after this comp pick, so I guess 114.

3 picks on Day 2. 

I love it. First day of the draft is all about #6. I will be pumped. Second day of the draft, we will have 3 picks. I will be pumped. Typing this, I realize something is wrong with me. 48 years of futility and this team is still getting me excited. I thought I could grow out of this funk but I guess not. Damn!

35 minutes ago, KRL said:

Now with 4 picks in the first three rounds let's see Maccagnan step up and
trade down once or twice.  This draft is too deep at CB, S, LB, RB & TE to
be satisfied with seven picks, we need to replenish this roster

So are you suggesting he take less if he has too in order to consummate any deal .   The Jets should exhaust every possible avenue to add picks by trading Richardson and Pryor and Maybe even Marshall if they can .  For the 1st time in as long as I can remember, the people running the Jets draft are actual scouts, and thus far have done a decent job picking players based on where they were seated . I am excited about this coming draft and further adding talent to our roster .

Stockpile as many draft picks as possible. If they can trade #6 for a later 1st rounder and another 3rd rounder or better do it. Trade as many of the vets that aren't released for picks as well. They have a chance to fill need positions via the draft this year with the depth at those need positions. They could get a bunch of talent  if they play their cards right. I am cautiously optimistic but I need to see what other moves they make. So far so good.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh. He only gets "credit" for this because Jarvis Jenkins proved such a horrible UFA signing they couldn't even keep him on the roster for one full season. Does he also get credit for the 3 other compensatory picks he threw in the garbage? ;) 

The move was still to keep Harrison by extending him in the spring of 2015 instead of blowing over $100m on old players who won't even be on the team in 2017.

I'm happy we're getting a 3rd rounder instead of a 4th, but that's as much as I'm happy about with regards to losing Snacks.

Lol

12 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Now with this extra pick:

- Trade down or out of first. Draft best available Edge and Corner late 1st and 2nd or both 2nds (if we trade out of 1st). Use both 3rd rounders on best RB and TE available.

Or

- Draft Hooker 1st, best available Edge 2nd, best available CB and RB for both 3rd round picks.

This draft is so deep at corner and running back, we could find starters in the 3rd for sure.

Can't pass up on the elite level safeties at the top of the class. Adams or Hooker as to be a Jet next season it has to happen. I would actually go Corner 2nd round. Add an elite level safety out of the 1st round, draft a solid corner in the 2nd then go into free agency and sign Bouye, Gilmore or Trumaine Johnson and our secondary is mean and young.

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

Can't pass up on the elite level safeties at the top of the class. Adams or Hooker as to be a Jet next season it has to happen. I would actually go Corner 2nd round. Add an elite level safety out of the 1st round, draft a solid corner in the 2nd then go into free agency and sign Bouye, Gilmore or Trumaine Johnson and our secondary is mean and young.

I agree passing up on Hooker or Adams is tough, but only if we can get a lot in a trade down.

We can sign a good corner and still draft a good one in the third. Second is where we need our edge rusher. Its a rare class dep at the position. We need to finally get one.

21 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets need to manage to pick up some compensation for Sheldon. He's a goner and I think the highest we can get for him is a 3rd rounder. Three 3rds in this draft would be huge and allow us to move around a little bit if we wanted to.

AJ Macarrons

On 2/25/2017 at 9:07 AM, SR24 said:

Free agency happens before the draft. Or at least, the big signings will, like the guys you mentioned.

Archived