Nick Mangold Released: MERGED

choon328

4 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Watch, Belichick will pick him up. 

He's not going to the Pats & I'm not scared if he does, he's going on 34, has been getting hurt a lot as of late & if you remember word out of camp was Nick had his hands full with Leo the Lion. Not worried.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

no argument there. harris is another guy who the jets were lucky to have but he has been a little limited of late.  always comes to play.  gets more than his share of tackles but he can't cover the faster backs and slot receivers. turn back the clock 5 or so seasons and he could stay.

Agreed it's time for Harris to go as well. Kevin Minter has publicly stated he would love to play for Bowles & the Jets... He is a lockdown tackler, 26, and a much younger replacement for Harris. He won't cost too much more than Harris' 6.5mil either.

I think we're witnessing the end of an era with this coming offseason. Brick, Mangold, Harris, and Revis - all cornerstones of the last decade will probably be gone before March 9 hits.

If the concern was to try and be mediocre but not awful, the Jets would have kept Mangold and Folk.

We don't know yet if there were discussions with Clady and Mangold on price.

There are obviously more names that could and should come to continue the theme.

The extra 3rd round pick is key.  Maybe we see Pocic or Eflein a Jet.

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Agreed it's time for Harris to go as well. Kevin Minter has publicly stated he would love to play for Bowles & the Jets... He is a lockdown tackler, 26, and a much younger replacement for Harris. He won't cost too much more than Harris' 6.5mil either.

I think we're witnessing the end of an era with this coming offseason. Brick, Mangold, Harris, and Revis - all cornerstones of the last decade will probably be gone before March 9 hits.

i don't think there's any doubt.  the big question mark is still qb.  i wish i had a warm and fuzzy feeling about the jets committing to either petty or hack not that i think either guy is ready but everyone has to start somewhere.  they get a good supporting cast and a motivated defense and they could surprise.

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Great move by the Jets.  Tear it down and build it back up through the draft.  The upcomg 1-15 season and then w few 3 or 4 win seasons will be painful, but done right, we can be ready in 2020.

Next up, revis and marshall.  Good riddance.

And in 2020 there will be another excuse...........

8 minutes ago, kwortman1 said:

Hopefully this move means that they are going into full blown rebuild mode the correct way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed but I doubt that's the case. You don't bring in a GM, try to win for two years and the start over with the same guy. 

I'm suspecting some half a$$ed rebuild where we cut bait on some high priced vets but at the same time bring in some younger vets in free agency. 

We'll know for sure when the QB situation is settled. A true rebuild would not include Glennon, let alone Romo. We'd stick with hack and Petty and maybe draft another kid this year with the extra 3rd round comp pick.

Either way, thanks to Mangold. A true jet. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed but I doubt that's the case. You don't bring in a GM, try to win for two years and the start over with the same guy. 

I'm suspecting some half a$$ed rebuild where we cut bait on some high priced vets but at the same time bring in some younger vets in free agency. 

We'll know for sure when the QB situation is settled. A true rebuild would not include Glennon, let alone Romo. We'd stick with hack and Petty and maybe draft another kid this year with the extra 3rd round comp pick.

Either way, thanks to Mangold. A true jet. 

Agree meanwhile we keep Buster Skrine who was one of the worst CBs in football last season. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Wesley Johnson was pretty good at the end of last year, his lone error was getting Petty crushed.

Name to watch out for in the draft. Ethan Pocic out of LSU in the 3rd round

Pocic mostly likely will transition to Guard in the pros.

I prefer Elflein

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Would have been a way better move keeping Abe and Mawae a couple more seasons or starting Goodwin and keeping Abe but Mangold was a great Center

Definitely no Center is worth $9 mil per 

We haven't found a true pass rusher since we traded Abraham. It's getting ridiculous to be honest. I know this is the end of an era cutting Mangold, Folk, Revis, Harris but it's actually the end of an error, giving these guys stupid contracts at the end of their careers. Look at what we got for our money? Not much,lol. 

And I know there were some who lauded Folk, but my god, he always f*cked up every long kick we needed to beat the Pats & that always pissed me off! His sh*t game vs Cincy last year got us limping out of the gate too. 

Just now, Jetster said:

We haven't found a true pass rusher since we traded Abraham. It's getting ridiculous to be honest. I know this is the end of an era cutting Mangold, Folk, Revis, Harris but it's actually the end of an error, giving these guys stupid contracts at the end of their careers. Look at what we got for our money? Not much,lol. 

And I know there were some who lauded Folk, but my god, he always f*cked up every long kick we needed to beat the Pats & that always pissed me off! His sh*t game vs Cincy last year got us limping out of the gate too. 

To be fair, John Abraham hasn't won squat since being gone from the Jets. So no harm no foul.

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

What is it that you do not like about him?

I know that when my nephew interned as a trainer Rex last year here in Cortland, he said Mangold was not a friendly guy. In fact he said he was a jerk. Said Mo Wilk was actually super nice. Said a lot of guys were dicks & after that camp looked at the team much differently as a fan. Said it wasn't easy to cheer for some of these guys success.

We all got a glimpse of that last year when many of us said, "I don't even like this team", lol.

13 minutes ago, King P said:

Personally don't like him, but I will acknowledge he was a great Jet and applaud the years of great service he had here.

Best of luck in your future endeavors. 

Where could you possibly find fault in Mangold? Personally

19 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Well, add center to position of need. This guy has been a stalwart and a warrior for the Jets for nearly a decade. It will be sad not to see him out there this year in green. I bet he's got a few solid years left, he'll land somewhere.  

Over a decade. I agree, sad day but this is necessary.  Look for him I'm Miami 

My #2 All-Time Favorite NY Jet, behind only Al Toon.

My disappointment is palpable.   This franchise continues to make moves I simply do not understand.

Revis?  Still a Jet.  Sheldon?  Still a Jet.  Hell, 90% of this worthless POS Defense and the Coaching Staff responsible for it?  All still Jets.  Clueless Bowles?  Yep, still here.

But Mangold, gone.  Folk, gone.  Two of our best, most reliable guys, and locker room leaders.  

But Dropsy Brandon Marshall, him we have to keep.  And "Like an Egg" Decker, whose been hurt or limited almost his entire time her (and was a major cause of our failure last year)?  All still (vastly overpaid) Jets.

Skrine?  F'ing Forte?  Dammit it all., all still Jets.

**** sake, at this point I wouldn't put it past this team to bring Geno back, and start him.  

Best of luck Nick, you're one of our best IMO.

Archived