This is going to be an UGLY season

CanadaSteve

Is this going to be one UGLY season coming up?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. This is shaping up to be one ugly season coming up. But how does everyone feel about it? We have trimmed 4 players already, and more could be on the way.

• Is it a complete roster overhaul with a full season of young guys showing their stuff
    • Is there no direction at all?
    • Could they be lining themselves up to potentially draft best QB available in 2018?

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No, I think Wilkerson got fair value given his stats and stature within the league by the players, media, and coaches.

Where did you see that?

Watt was an All Pro in 12-13-14-15.  Defensive player of the year 12-14-15, and sack leader in 12-15.

Like I said to compare a good, but not great player to a more then likely HOF'er just because they are paid similarly is kind of silly.

Even if Wilkerson makes a rebound next year, which I hope/think he might,  that contract is stupid, and a panic move by the FO

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Where did you see that?

Watt was an All Pro in 12-13-14-15.  Defensive player of the year 12-14-15, and sack leader in 12-15.

Like I said to compare a good, but not great player to a more then likely HOF'er just because they are paid similarly is kind of silly.

Even if Wilkerson makes a rebound next year, which I hope/think he might,  that contract is stupid, and a panic move by the FO

I don't think you realize how much salaries are going up over the next several years as the cap moves. The Wilkerson contract will end up proving bad if the continues to play like he did last year, but it was a fair deal at the time and won't be an issue if he bounces back after a down year.

Good players in their primes are expensive. This shouldn't be news to anyone.

I don't think you realize how much salaries are going up over the next several years as the cap moves. The Wilkerson contract will end up proving bad if the continues to play like he did last year, but it was a fair deal at the time and won't be an issue if he bounces back after a down year.

.... people forget he was our 'best' player two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

No, I totally understand how the cap works.  I also understand that Wilkerson was the 9th highest paid player in the NFL last year.

No way in the world does he deserve that money.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-highest-paid-players-2016-9/#2-andrew-luck--30000000-29

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

No, I totally understand how the cap works.  I also understand that Wilkerson was the 9th highest paid player in the NFL last year.

No way in the world does he deserve that money.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-highest-paid-players-2016-9/#2-andrew-luck--30000000-29

MAR-KET

VAL-UE

Archived