Sheldon Richardson  -  8 mil cap savings  

Brandon Marshall  -  7.5 Mil savings

Additions : Total of about just under 35 mil for all

QB - Josh McCown   -  1yr 3.5 mil

FS - Tony Jefferson -  7 mil per

ILB - Kevin Minter -  6 mil per

LT - Kevin Beachum  -  8 mil per

2 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

As this is the draft forum, what do you expect to get compensated from Richardson and Marshall?

Hoping for a 3rd for Richardson that can be a 2nd conditionally  but will take whatever I can get for both . This is a straight salary dump for me . 

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Cuts :  24.5 mil total cap savings

Darrelle Revis  -  9mil cap savings

David Harris  -  6.5 mil cap savings

Marcus Gilchrist  -  6 mil cap savings

Steve Mclendon   -  3 mil cap savings

Trades : 15.5 mil total cap savings  

CB - Trumaine Johnson - 7.5 mil per

Only two I would disagree on are McLendon, who I would keep, and McCown, I'd prefer Hoyer.  

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Only two I would disagree on are McLendon, who I would keep, and McCown, I'd prefer Hoyer.  

1 hour ago, section314 said:

i'd go with hoyer too. younger and throws fewer ints. 

I'm really hoping what we do is purge the team of all the older players and get younger in free agency. Would love to scoop up Gilmore though I think he would be outside of our price range wouldn't mind seeing us take a swing on Claiborne or going after Eddie lacey. Get rid of old players replace them with half decent younger players and build through the draft.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, rangerous said:

if he does, he does. hoyer is still young enough to be a pretty good qb for a few years. you have to wonder why he hasn't latched on somewhere.

That may be so, but I think that McCown is a better athlete than Hoyer and throws a better ball with more velocity . 

Not bad. Just not sure why you would cut McLendon. I get that Simon is on the cusp of being a solid starting NT, but McLendon doesn't give you much of a cap break and played great before his injury.

Also, if you re-sign Ijalana, I think he will want starter money and a long term deal. It's fine if you plan to stick him at RT, but that leaves you with Qvale, Shell, and hopefully a rookie OT all on the bench. I'd like to give one of them a shot.

It would also be nice to add a replacement for Marshall. Maybe via the draft? I dunno. It leaves the team with one vet (Decker) who tends to get banged up, Enunwa- who doesn't play on the outside, and a bunch of unproven rookies. Maybe that will be enough, maybe they add a TE in the draft? I dunno.  

On 2/28/2017 at 1:32 PM, Tinstar said:

CB - Trumaine Johnson - 7.5 mil per

Looks like you need a new CB to sign.  Trumaine was Tagged today!

I'm pretty happy with all these moves though if this were to pan out.

14 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Looks like you need a new CB to sign.  Trumaine was Tagged today!

I'm pretty happy with all these moves though if this were to pan out.

Do you think Quincy Wilson makes it to round 2 .  

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Do you think Quincy Wilson makes it to round 2 .  

Hard to say at this point but if the draft was tomorrow I think he would be.  But I think after the combine, we'll see a run on DBs in the 1st this year.  I think we end up taking one in the 1st, whether at 6 or slight trade back if possible.  Wilson seems to fit what Bowles loves, quality hybrid players, Wilson can play outside or safety from what I've read and I could easily see that type of player high on their draft chart.  Does he also play specials as a returner?  That would add huge value.  

I looked back at a bunch of my mocks (I've been saving them to compare to the real thing) and I've seemingly had an infatuation with Tankersley in the 2nd and also Adoree Jackson in the 2nd.  I think there is a possibility these DBs are gone by the 39th pick this year though.

Took one more look back at the majority of my mocks and it does look like Wilson is taken in the 1st in almost all of them.  No wonder I hadn't really looked into him too much, he was never on the board for me to consider with 39 lol

14 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Hard to say at this point but if the draft was tomorrow I think he would be.  But I think after the combine, we'll see a run on DBs in the 1st this year.  I think we end up taking one in the 1st, whether at 6 or slight trade back if possible.  Wilson seems to fit what Bowles loves, quality hybrid players, Wilson can play outside or safety from what I've read and I could easily see that type of player high on their draft chart.  Does he also play specials as a returner?  That would add huge value.  

I looked back at a bunch of my mocks (I've been saving them to compare to the real thing) and I've seemingly had an infatuation with Tankersley in the 2nd and also Adoree Jackson in the 2nd.  I think there is a possibility these DBs are gone by the 39th pick this year though.

Took one more look back at the majority of my mocks and it does look like Wilson is taken in the 1st in almost all of them.  No wonder I hadn't really looked into him too much, he was never on the board for me to consider with 39 lol

S.Jones will be the best CB to come out of this draft. Take him at 6 if Hooker is off the board (I think he will go to Tenn at 5 anyway). 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

S.Jones will be the best CB to come out of this draft. Take him at 6 if Hooker is off the board (I think he will go to Tenn at 5 anyway). 

I like Jones too and definitely see us taking him at 6 if available and Hooker is off the board.  100% agree with you on this one.

32 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I like Jones too and definitely see us taking him at 6 if available and Hooker is off the board.  100% agree with you on this one.

I prefer to take Ramczyk in the 1st say at 12 after we trade 6 to the browns for 12 and whatever else we can get . The CB I'm really targeting is the Kid White from LSU .

21 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I prefer to take Ramczyk in the 1st say at 12 after we trade 6 to the browns for 12 and whatever else we can get . The CB I'm really targeting is the Kid White from LSU .

I will agree with you about White.  He made such a good 1st impression on me when I watched a few LSU games.

Smooth, was in good position and most importantly actually made plays on the ball when he was in position.  He seemed very refined technique wise and looked like a pro caliber player.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I would love to see us pull off a successful trade down in the 1st but the Jets just never seem capable of pulling it off.  They always seem to end up with a pick nobody wants to trade to.  How many times have teams traded to the pick just in front of us.  It sucks and I'm not holding my breath we can pull it off.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, Tinstar said:

So far so good . Harris will be release if the Jets can get a replacement in free agency

On 2/28/2017 at 1:32 PM, Tinstar said:

:puke emoji:

12 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Oh my God please no DB's at 6.  Safety and CB are waaayyyy too deep in this draft 

Jones might not even be the best NFL cb on his own college team.  Kevin King is very talented and can be had in the 5th round

17 minutes ago, thadude said:

Oh my God please no DB's at 6.  Safety and CB are waaayyyy too deep in this draft 

Jones might not even be the best NFL cb on his own college team.  Kevin King is very talented and can be had in the 5th round

First off, Jones >>> King

And no, King definitely can't be had in the 5th. Latest he'll be on the available is early in the 3rd, and it's more likely he goes in the 2nd

On 2/28/2017 at 0:32 PM, Tinstar said:

Signings like these are a big part of why the team is bad right now, and somehow you geniuses think the solution is to double down.

Archived