Suck for Sam in 17

Week 17. Jets at 2-13. Need one more loss to secure Top overall pick. Just need to lose to the best team in football in week 17: The Patriots.

No problem, right?

Consider this: Pats will be 14-1 or 13-2 going into that game with home field locked up and nothing to play for. But Belichick never passes an opportunity to stick it to the Jets. 

He will brilliantly out-suck us on that day and lose in what will become known as the most terrible football game ever played. Jets will miss out on a franchise QB. Patriots will repeat as champs. We will draft a DLineman. Kiper will hail it as "smart move going BAP after the top 2 QBs were drafted by San Fran and Rams."

Week 17. Jets at 2-13. Need one more loss to secure Top overall pick. Just need to lose to the best team in football in week 17: The Patriots.

No problem, right?

Consider this: Pats will be 14-1 or 13-2 going into that game with home field locked up and nothing to play for. But Belichick never passes an opportunity to stick it to the Jets. 

He will brilliantly out-suck us on that day and lose in what will become known as the most terrible football game ever played. Jets will miss out on a franchise QB. Patriots will repeat as champs. We will draft a DLineman. Kiper will hail it as "smart move going BAP after the top 2 QBs were drafted by San Fran and Rams."

Only in Jetland this isn't improbable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

Good to bring this back. People were actually hoping to lose so we could get the number 1 pick for Darnold, the inevitable number 1.

Of course, one can't see the future. We won some games and traded down. Darnold threw some picks and fell to 3.

One never knows. You play to win the games. And make the best decisions when it's time to make them based on the most current data. Projecting things a year or more into the future is a hazardous exercise.

• Sympathy 2

26 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is one of the posts that are stickied on the app. We need a new nickname for chant leader Scott yall

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Sorry, there is a new version I have to upgrade because it won't let me change those. One of those things, I see the bill come in every month for the app and I am like yeah I have to fix that.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Rooting for the Jets to win last year was fun. It is going to be fun again this year.

You sicken me!  All of us who rooted for the tank didn't enjoy a moment of last season while you enjoyed it all.  It's no fair that you get to enjoying watching Sam Darnold!  :)

/s

• Sympathy 1

• 2 years later...

I was going to create a new thread entitled "there's no such thing as the tank in the NFL" but that title sucked and necro'ing this beauty is so much better.

If I had made that thread it would say something like there's no LeBron James in the NFL draft or 1 player can't turn around a 55 man roster

Of special interest are the Josh Rosen fan bois. Go get in the kiddie pool with some chicken wings

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I was going to create a new thread entitled "there's no such thing as the tank in the NFL" but that title sucked and necro'ing this beauty is so much better.

If I had made that thread it would say something like there's no LeBron James in the NFL draft or 1 player can't turn around a 55 man roster

Of special interest are the Josh Rosen fan bois. Go get in the kiddie pool with some chicken wings

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Chicken wings, Chicken wings
Hotdog and baloney
Chicken and macaroni
Chillin’ wit mah homiiieees

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

reading through this made me chuckle

how quickly people forget their own comments.....

Every 12 months...

I want the Jets to Tank

Now I want the Jets to Win

Please Jets Win

Ugh, I want the Jets to Tank again

Please Jets Win

Ugh, I want the Jets to Tank again

Please Jets Win