2016 WS Champion Cubs' 2017 thread

SenorGato

With that first WS out of the way the bigger goal of dominating 21st century baseball is still a perpetually ongoing project. This year's offense should be loaded, my pick for the outright top one in MLB. They had the periphs as a lineup last year. I worry about pitching but only because everyone has pitching issues. This team is going to score a ton of runs which makes it easier to run out the Mills' and Caleb Smiths of the world a couple times a year or in a crunch. 

My questions...

ML level:

Can they repeat? Is Heyward's swing fixed? How many HRs is Bryant hitting? How many HRs are Bryant and Rizzo hitting? Anything up with Arrieta? What lucky SP or two is getting a full time gig with the Cubs between this summer and next April? How good can Russell be? Baez? Can the bullpen stay healthy? How many innings will Brett Anderson throw? 

Minors:

Is Eloy Jimenez legit legit? Is Isaac Paredes also going to stay on a stud track? Ryan Kellogg - how right am I? Who is still around in 2018 after a big trade or two? How awesome is the 2015 IFA crop - particularly Amaya/Sierra/Ademan/Gutierrez/Marquez/Carrera? How much hype does the LHP depth get after a strong 2017? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/28/2017 at 10:20 PM, SenorGato said:

With that first WS out of the way the bigger goal of dominating 21st century baseball is still a perpetually ongoing project. This year's offense should be loaded, my pick for the outright top one in MLB. They had the periphs as a lineup last year. I worry about pitching but only because everyone has pitching issues. This team is going to score a ton of runs which makes it easier to run out the Mills' and Caleb Smiths of the world a couple times a year or in a crunch. 

My questions...

ML level:

Can they repeat? Is Heyward's swing fixed? How many HRs is Bryant hitting? How many HRs are Bryant and Rizzo hitting? Anything up with Arrieta? What lucky SP or two is getting a full time gig with the Cubs between this summer and next April? How good can Russell be? Baez? Can the bullpen stay healthy? How many innings will Brett Anderson throw? 

Minors:

Is Eloy Jimenez legit legit? Is Isaac Paredes also going to stay on a stud track? Ryan Kellogg - how right am I? Who is still around in 2018 after a big trade or two? How awesome is the 2015 IFA crop - particularly Amaya/Sierra/Ademan/Gutierrez/Marquez/Carrera? How much hype does the LHP depth get after a strong 2017? 

images.jpg

Archived