For Revis FANS

prime21

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

You SELLOUT to opposing teams fans disrespecting the other Jets fans in the stadium especially the people who sit in your immediate area you aren't sitting home in any protest if you were you would leave the seats empty. 

joewilly12 

First, apologize for your mistake in the Hess thread.  Then admit you are PatsfanTX and are trolling the board.

Or, better yet, convince yourself you are a diehard season ticket holder and didn't miss a game in 21 years.  Maybe then we'll believe you.

SAR I

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

The single person most responsible for any success the team had recently was Revis. He did it on the field.

Those mug shots you posted mean sh!t to me. And have nothing, zero, to do with Revis. Take that up with Woody

Revis didn't do anything because by taking away half the field he made it easier for quarterbacks to find other receivers on the other, flooded half of the field.

I don't give a rats ass if what I post doesn't mean anything to you.  I don't post for you.  I post for me.

SAR I

49 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Good thread about how some fans care too much about a corporate entity and resent more talented people looking to max out their earning potential. Nice racial undertones, revisionist history and entitlement... 8/10

If we were talking about Exxon or AT&T I might agree with you.  Big greedy companies, doing things behind closed doors where no one can see.

But we're talking about a too-transparent professional sports team and we can see with plain eyes which ones are giving huge effort and which are blowing us off.  And unlike big corporations, we don't "root" for the Jets front office to get richer.  We root for the Jets team to win games.

As for the racial undertones, it's a shame that the players quitting all over the place and stealing our money are all of the same ethnicity.  That's coincidence.  So don't go playing them as victims.  They're criminals.  They stole our cap money, they robbed season ticket holders.  They earned their vitriol all on their own.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nobody believes an unemployed guy who spends all day online goes to every game... unless you sell tshirts with Namath's name spelled wrong from your trunk in the parking lot.

Boom.  Nailed it.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Revis didn't do anything because by taking away half the field he made it easier for quarterbacks to find other receivers on the other, flooded half of the field.I don't give a rats ass if what I post doesn't mean anything to you.  I don't post for you I post for me.

I'm well aware of that

"Revis didn't do anything"...Uh huh.

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I'm well aware of that

"Revis didn't do anything"...Uh huh.

Question is, can you name another cornerback or safety in the Hall Of Fame known for not making plays at that position?  It's an odd thing.  Being so well thought of that teams don't throw near you so you wind up not making many memorable plays.  I remember games where Revis' name was not even called, where he did not even make a tackle.  And, as we know, we wound up losing most of those games anyway, so was there really a point to him?  Was he really great in a game-changing MVP manner?  Was taking away half the field from an opposing quarterback actually effective?

If you took out the 2 or 3 big interceptions against the Cowboys or San Diego, as examples of meaningful ones, what's the Darrelle Revis highlight reel?  Him jogging around in a completely clean uniform nowhere near the ball or the outcome of any plays?

SAR I

6 hours ago, prime21 said:

Football is the hardest of all the major sports for longevity and making money and it also seems to be the worst for taking care of their alumni.  I hated that Revis held out and that he was traded and then became a Patriot but there is a business side to sports that we must all accept.  Is he greedy?  Yes, very, but who in this forum wouldn't capitalize on your talents to make yourself the most money you possibly could? People can't forgive him for joining the Pats but they offered him 12 million and a chance at a ring and so should he have turned it down because he used to play for the Jets?  Lets put all that to the side and look at his game.  In his prime he was as good as anyone who ever played the game. Him and Prime Time are very different players in different eras so that is a debate that will never be agreed upon.  Revis was a dominant force who had a skill that made opponents change their game plan.  There aren't many defensive players in the league that can do that.   He gave us 3 very good years and 3 dominant years before he was traded to TB.   By the time he came back he was on the decline.  Last year he fell horribly from the top of the mountain. Once he lost his step he unfortunately could not adjust.  He was never a fast DB, he was a smart technical corner and those guys never look good when they age.

I'm glad that it has ended on a positive note between the Jets and him meaning no bad words said (publicly at least).   I will remember him for those first 6 years and also the excitement of him coming back to us.    As for last year, it' was like watching a former champ who thinks they can fight when they are way too old for the sport.  It should not take away from a stellar career and future ROH and HOF member.

Thanks #24

He gave up on the team. Didn't put any effort in at all this year. That's not called "decline". That's called being Jamarcus Russell. 

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

He gave up on the team. Didn't put any effort in at all this year. That's not called "decline". That's called being Jamarcus Russell. 

The entire team gave up and I stand by this statement not all of the team was in favor of Ryan Fitzpatrick starting as QB. 

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jesus Christ shut up already. 

SAR I

Listen SELLOUT Jets hater, you have your opinions and I have mine don't like it put me on ignore. 

joewilly12

Image result for ticket scalper on side of road pics

SAR I

Buy my tickets its too cold, the team quit so I'm gonna sit home, it might rain, the game is starting too late. Wahhhhhhhh

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

Namath?

Klecko?

Maynard?

Snell?

Curtis Martin?

We have plenty of great individual players dude.  HOF's, Should-Be-HOF'ers and just greats-but-not-HOF'ers.

Revis isn't God, he was just a good football player.

None of those guys were ever in the discussion for greatest of all time at their position.  all good/great players for a time but none reaching the level Revis reached.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Question is, can you name another cornerback or safety in the Hall Of Fame known for not making plays at that position?  It's an odd thing.  Being so well thought of that teams don't throw near you so you wind up not making many memorable plays.  I remember games where Revis' name was not even called, where he did not even make a tackle.  And, as we know, we wound up losing most of those games anyway, so was there really a point to him?  Was he really great in a game-changing MVP manner?  Was taking away half the field from an opposing quarterback actually effective?

If you took out the 2 or 3 big interceptions against the Cowboys or San Diego, as examples of meaningful ones, what's the Darrelle Revis highlight reel?  Him jogging around in a completely clean uniform nowhere near the ball or the outcome of any plays?

SAR I

you act like he never made plays.  QBs were scared to throw his way but they still did it and when they did he made a ton of plays whether picking off Brady, the big INts in Cincy and SD in the '09 playoffs, the Car TD, the Mia TD, pick 6 against HOFer Kurt Warner, ... the man made plays.  he didn't have as many opportunities b/c he dominated opposing WRs like no one else ever had but he took advantage of his opportunities.

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea what that means.

I want the Jets to win.  But if they can't, I want the roster that's assembled and being paid a combined $170 million dollars to play hard.  That's all.  Just play hard.  Darrelle Revis?  He quit on the team.  This was a vacation year for him.  He whiffed on tackles, avoided contact, didn't give 100% effort.  So I wash my hands of him.

SAR I

That's it.  I totally agree.

Players get hurt, it's bad luck.  Teams get out schemed.   But, play hard.  Show up, in shape.  You get paid a lot of money to be a professional athlete, so act like it. 

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't hate REvis I am just super glad he is off the team being one of the worst CBs in the whole league last year, nothing personal, its a business decision.

I hate what Revis became last year.   Highest paid player on defense, someone who should be a team leader, and instead showed up out of shape, not giving effort.

50 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you act like he never made plays.  QBs were scared to throw his way but they still did it and when they did he made a ton of plays whether picking off Brady, the big INts in Cincy and SD in the '09 playoffs, the Car TD, the Mia TD, pick 6 against HOFer Kurt Warner, ... the man made plays.  he didn't have as many opportunities b/c he dominated opposing WRs like no one else ever had but he took advantage of his opportunities.

This is a haters thread and your post feels like love to me.  All I am saying is that one of the reasons that haters hate is because the guy was overrated and he didn't do anything to win games. 

If you're an Italian General in battle in Europe and you have 1000 troops on your left flank and 1000 troops on your right flank and no one on the left could penetrate so the enemy shifted all 2000 of their troops at your weak right flank and they defeated you in battle, do you say your left flank was amazing?  Do you print togas and chariot magnets saying "Best Left Flank In Germania" when your right flank got destroyed and you lost the war?

SAR I

50 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Even the 08 game against Buffalo. After the Jets took the lead he sealed that game with a pick. Obviously it's forgettable because the Jets went on to lose in Seattle and against the Dolphins to finish out the season but still, that was a big play he made.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Even the 08 game against Buffalo. After the Jets took the lead he sealed that game with a pick. Obviously it's forgettable because the Jets went on to lose in Seattle and against the Dolphins to finish out the season but still, that was a big play he made.

we got Favre'd that year.  amazingly enough Jet fans have a favorable view of a guy that sabotaged a real SB chance and hate Revis.  

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Um, excuse me, this thread is specifically stated as being intended solely for Revis haters.  So if his personal fellaters can move along, you are not supposed to be here.

Thread name changed :D

37 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I feel lied to!!

Now at least we know the protocol.

If we want to say we are "haters" of a player, we just have to say we are FANS in capital letters.  Here, I'll give an example:

I'm a Geno Smith FANS because I FAN him so much.  I FAN the f-cking guy.

SAR I

Archived