Jets?Bears suitors for Glennon?

Scott Dierking

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, thadude said:

Yet If Hack looked 1/23rd as good in real game action or preseason you people would be calling him a future HOF'er

Maybe I would but I wouldn't be willing to give that version of hack 15 mil a year either.

49 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

2) The idea that the jets would resign Geno - or that he'd take a deal to play here - can only be explained as the product of altered consciousness. Sorry

This thread screams of people who have actually never seen him play. 

18 games started,  30 tds,  15 ints, 4100 yards, 84.6 QBR.  After his rookie season in 2013 75% of the league would've thrown multiple first round picks for him. You all have no clue. 

You don't draft a QB in the 2nd round, dont play him and the following hear pay 15m per season to a QB who is avg at best.

We are going to suck with Glennon or the rookie's!!! So you stand pat, play the youngsters and hope one emerges and becomes trade bait next year when we have the #1-2 overall pick.

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

One year prove it deal?  There are way too many qb needy teams for that to be reality.  He is going to get at least 4 years 65 million.  Osweiler got more than that and Glennon has been better.  Not saying i would give him that, inwould not, but thats what he will get.

Agreed, no way is Glennon going to hit the market and then only have teams competing for his services for a 1 yr deal.  Dude is going to get min 4 years, a ton of gtd money up front and a contract that lets the team that signs him to cut ties after 2 yrs with little cap hit.  Its definitely going to cost at lest 14-15m a year if the Jets do go after him.  I'm sure Macc and company have a ceiling dollar amount already in mind and I do think Macc is pretty good about walking away from the table when the bidding gets too rich.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You don't pay a QB who couldn't start for the Bucs $18mil a year when the rest of your roster is 2 years away.

I could see paying $7-8 million which would make him double what Josh McGown gets. He'd need to prove himself for at least one full year to be in a discussion for anything over $10 million.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

You can pretty well bank on it that the Jets will go after Glennon.  Question is, how much will they be willing to pay?  If the Wilkerson, Fitz, and Revis contracts can be used as a barometer, expect Glennon to be the Jets next $18,000,000 QB 

Sanchez unavailable?  

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I would pay him 15mm in a second.

The problem is he is going to get much more than that lol.

I don't think so.  Teams should look at the Texan's mistake and tread carefully.

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Jets and Bears have "emerged" as suitors for free agent QB Mike Glennon.
It would be quite a disappointing consolation prize, especially for the Bears, who have been closely linked to Jimmy Garoppolo. With the Patriots apparently unwilling to trade Garoppolo, quarterback-needy teams will have to look elsewhere. Glennon, Colin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, and Brian Hoyer figure to be the best of the bunch that will be available. Glennon has been connected to the Jets for a few weeks now. He's expected to net $13-15 million per year.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

The Jets get Glennon, I'm getting my SB tickets ready!!!

Ok, Ok maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself but I want GLENNON!! :) 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I would pay him 15mm in a second.

The problem is he is going to get much more than that lol.

I don't get it, how much do folks think that the most important player on the NFL field, the QB, commands?

!5 Million is NOT crazy for a starting QB unless said QB is on a rookie contract.  People are nuts!!

The problem wasn't spending 12 Million dollars last year on the QB position for the Jets.  

The problem last year was spending 12 Million on Fitz, when Fitz has never been a go to the bank QB and was an unwarranted and unjustifiable risk IMO, BIG DIFFERENCE!!

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

Have you ever watched Mike Glennon throw the ball? To say he's Ryan Fitzpatrick II is beyond ignorant on many levels. 

He admitted in a previous thread that he hasn't seen much of Glennon, but he's quick to repeat what others who have not watched Glennon have told him.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The Jets get Glennon, I'm getting my SB tickets ready!!!

Ok, Ok maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself but I want GLENNON!! :) 

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't think so.  Teams should look at the Texan's mistake and tread carefully.

I am way more excited about the possibility of Glennon that I would be about Brock. I wasn't impressed with Brock in Denver.

I am okay with Glennon but i hope it isn't a 4 year 72 million dollar deal like Brock got. That said, and I am not a cap guru, but I would like to see the Jets front load a Glennon contract. Macc has been good with that so I assume the trend will continue.

I think the Texans are stuck with Brock because his year one base salary was so low. Do the opposite with Glennon. Take a shot on him but don't tie yourself to him for 4 years if it is a swing and a miss.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Glennon will win 5-8 games here accomplishing nothing meanwhile the rookies we wasted draft picks on sit on the bench and rot. 

If a rookie sits on the bench and rots on a mediocre team the rookie isn't any good.

Your premise is faulty, as are a lot of your posts.

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I don't get it, how much do folks think that the most important player on the NFL field, the QB, commands?

!5 Million is NOT crazy for a starting QB unless said QB is on a rookie contract.  People are nuts!!

The problem wasn't spending 12 Million dollars last year on the QB position for the Jets.  

The problem last year was spending 12 Million on Fitz, when Fitz has never been a go to the bank QB and was an unwarranted and unjustifiable risk IMO, BIG DIFFERENCE!!

The cap just went up $12 million dollars. Only three more to get this guy. Do it and don't look back, BigMac. Give the Bears a 4th to stay away.....

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The cap just went up $12 million dollars. Only three more to get this guy. Do it and don't look back, BigMac. Give the Bears a 4th to stay away.....

I say we trade one of our two third rounders in exchange for somebody else's fourth rounder, and use THAT fourth round pick because it'll have more value.

Just now, AFJF said:

I say we trade one of our two third rounders in exchange for somebody else's fourth rounder, and use THAT fourth round pick because it'll have more value.

We should just give them our second rounder. We aren't going to draft anyone good with it anyhow.

I don't see why if Glennon is or was the real deal why would the Bucs draft another QB? If you think you have your franchise QB why not build around him rather than draft another QB? No matter how good that QB is projected to be or looks to be? The fact is that the Bucs drafted Jameis Winston because Glennon was not seen as the long term solution at QB. So now because the Jets are so starved for an answer at the position some want to throw a ton of money at a guy who the Bucs were not confident enough to invest their future in. This would be a tremendous mistake. Hopefully Mac and the Jets continue to cut the deadwood and build from the draft. This draft is deep at a lot of need positions and the Jets would be wise to draft at those need positions. By all means sign some FA's but do not invest the future of this team in a guy who one franchise thought so little of they decided to draft another QB to build around.

Let me get this right folks keep implying that Glennon sucked for the Bucs or isn't "the real deal" but the Bucs offered to make Glennon the highest paid back up in the league at $7 Million dollars, but he turned it down!!!  You don't do that to players who suck!

So it is absolutely insane to think Glennon will take that figure or a little higher than that to sign with the Jets.

The truth is Hack and Petty are probably a year away from competing for the starting job at best.

Please look at what Bucs fans say:

https://www.pewterreport.com/forums/topic/glennon-offered/

Archived