Jets?Bears suitors for Glennon?

Scott Dierking

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Let me get this right folks keep implying that Glennon sucked for the Bucs or isn't "the real deal" but the Bucs offered to make Glennon the highest paid back up in the league at $7 Million dollars, but he turned it down!!!  You don't do that to players who suck!

So it is absolutely insane to think Glennon will take that figure or a little higher than that to sign with the Jets.

The truth is Hack and Petty are probably a year away from competing for the starting job at best.

Please look at what Bucs fans say:

https://www.pewterreport.com/forums/topic/glennon-offered/

Why would Glennon take 7 mil to be a backup? He is projected to be paid twice that or more in FA. No matter what I feel about him or his ability he would be stupid to take a deal where he would be a backup to a franchise QB. They still drafted Winston when they had Glennon already under contract. They watched him play for them and still drafted Winston. Why would they do that? The answer is they didn't feel they could win with him. That's the only thing that makes sense. What else could the answer be? Some QB starved team will give Glennon his money. Say they sign Glennon. This roster as constituted with Glennon will not go to the playoffs. So they go 7-9 or 6-10. With this years schedule that would take some doing. It just makes no sense to sign this guy and expect to go to the promised land this season or next. Glennon may or may not "suck" but he is not the answer for a team with so many holes. It will take alot more than Glennon to get this team back to the playoffs.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glennon.jpg

The NFL free agency frenzy is set to begin on March 7th. Although free agents can’t sign with a new team until March 9th at 4pm, the “legal tampering” period actually begins on the 7th. That is when teams are allowed to begin negotiations with free agents. The Jets have been freeing up cap space with their recent roster moves. Cutting Folk, Mangold and Revis give the Jets some wiggle room. According to Over The Cap, that means the Jets have $26,278,320 in cap space.

What will they do with that space? Ian Rapoport says that the Jets are one of the teams that are a potential landing spot for free agent QB Mike Glennon.

Glennon is an interesting option, he has the ideal size for a QB, he is listed at 6′ 6″. He has only played in 21 games through his four years in Tampa Bay. He threw 30 TDs and 15 INTs in his limited action. The sample size this past season was incredibly small, but he did complete 10 of his 11 passes. It seems like the recent Jets QB’s would have had a hard time going 10 of 11 with no defenders on the field.

Glennon showed promise in his rookie season back in 2013. Then Lovie Smith was hired and handed the starting job to journey man Josh McCown in 2014. Glennon eventually saw the field and put up better numbers than McCown. He was sent back to the bench the past two season once Jameis Winston was drafted.

What will a Glennon contract look like? That is the million dollar question.

Mike Maccagnan has been aggressive in free agency but he has been conservative when it comes to long-term contracts. The Jets made a big free agent splash in Macc’s first year, but the team has been able to walk away from most contracts with minimal cap damage.

Brock Osweiler is probably the best comparison, he was a free agent last year and signed a 72 million dollar deal with the Houston Texans.

Brock Osweiler signed a four year contract with the Houston Texans worth $72 million on March 9, 2016. Osweiler received $37 million in fully guranteed salary including a $12 million signing bonus.

Obviously demand will determine how much money Glennon will command. The Chicago Bears have much more cap room, they currently sit 50 million under the cap. Maccagnan won’t be able to win a full out bidding war, and it is doubtful that he would want to. If the Jets decide that Glennon is their guy, look for him to structure the contract slightly different than what the Texans did with Osweiler.

Brock.png

Macc’s history tells us that he doesn’t like limiting his flexibility in year three and beyond. He likes the ability to walk away if needed. In this case, what you could be seeing is a four-year deal that has a two-years with a lot of guaranteed money. That sets up the possibility of the contract having to be renegotiated in year three. At that point in time, the Jets would know what they had in Glennon. So the decision to sign him long term or walk away would be much easier to make at that point in time.

Glennon is only 27 years old and the early consensus is there won’t be an immediate impact \ franchise QB available when the Jets draft in the first round. The QB roster currently only has Bryce Petty, who is rehabbing and will be limited through parts of the off season, and Christian Hackenberg. The Jets worked hard to avoid having Hackenberg get on the field in December. There is a new offensive coordinator in town, along with a new QB coach. It seems unlikely they would want to bet on Hackenberg or Petty.

With Tyrod Taylor seeming to be staying in Buffalo, that means Mike Glennon to the Jets is a very real possibility.

We will find out for sure in just about a week.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
L0cc46ROtQw

Click here to read the full story...

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

32263db1.jpg

He's got another human face growing out of his ridiculously long neck.  I don't like it.

SAR I

4" of his height is in his neck.  his body is probably more the size of a 6-2 guy.  people with long necks live longer.

Jets should win that bidding war. As it stands right now, who would Glennon throw to in Chicago? Alshon Jeffery is a free agent, Kevin White is going into his 3rd year but is practically a rookie who's missed 28 of a possible 32 games since being drafted in 2015 and they traded Martellus Bennett. The only bright spot to that offense is Jordan Howard who's a beast RB and is decent in the passing game. The Jets currently have a better group of receivers with different skillsets and this draft seems to be a draft year for tight ends...a position that Glennon utilizes often. 

The other side of that story is that if Glennon picks the Jets he's deciding to play in a division with Tom Brady and the Patriots. Brady seems to be on pace to play for about another half decade and Belichick also doesnt look like he's intending on slowing down. This likely means that the Jets will probably be on the outside of the playoffs given that "the wildcard" is just that. Sure, the NFC North has Sam Bradford and Aaron Rodgers, but neither the Lions or Packers can claim that they've run off with the NFC North for almost 2 decades. Mike Glennon could make the better choice is terms of pieces around him in NY at the skillset position but could actually have a better chance of making the playoffs, and therefore a SB run in Chicago with less. The problem is that Glennon would basically be settling for a "Lesser evil" if you will, given that since 2002 the Patriots are #1 in division championships with 13. The team with the 2nd most division championships during that timespan? The Packers with 9.  I think it's the perfect time now to say **** Tom Brady!

With that out of my system. Glennon could either pick a Jets team with better receivers and play in the same division as the "owners of this division"...or the NFL for that matter, for the duration of his contract, or go play in the NFC North against an even younger Aaron Rodgers who's team holds the 2nd longest division win streak and who's probably going to tack on another ring or two before he hangs it up as well. Oh, and with less talent at the receiver position. 

Maybe Glennon would like to avoid all of that and sign with a team like the Jags in order to play against Marcus Mariota, an overrated Andrew Luck and whoever the hell the Texans decides to replace Osweiler with. Maybe taking a little less money in order to avoid Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers while at the same time acquiring the best group of receivers than the previous teams mentioned in the Allen Brothers, as well as a defense thats also better than both the Jets and Bears, along with superstar talent in a guy like Jalen Ramsey...a player that neither the Jets/Bears can say they have on either side of the ball. 

I'd love for Glennon to come here, but if he's thinking long term and not just "today's payday" going to the Jacksonville Jaguars will not only keep him from completely uprooting his family (he gets to stay in Florida) but he has a much better chance of making the playoffs in that division. Sure, I called Luck "overrated", but it's also true that the Colts will never put anything around him to keep him upright, and by the time they do a team like the Titans will probably have solidified themselves as the juggernaut in that division if they continue to build around Mariota. In comparison, Jameis Winston gets all the love given that he's the first QB in NFL history to start his career with two 4,000 yard season, and the love is well deserved, but Mariota doesnt turn the ball over...something that Jameis does much more often. 

Either way, if the Jags decide that they're interested in the Glennon sweepstakes, then if I was him that would be my decision...and the AFC South will probably be the most exciting division to watch given all that young talent there. 

With that said, this will be a fun month to see this unfold. As long as the Jets draft Baker Mayfield next year the future post Tom Brady will be bright for this organization. 

if they go for glennon they they will be trying to win now.  can they retool in a season?  maybe.  other teams have done it, especially if there is a good sound core of players.  can't say if this exists on the jets but with this years and previous drafts there may be enough talent to get it done.  plus adding the right free agents will also help.

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Let me get this right folks keep implying that Glennon sucked for the Bucs or isn't "the real deal" but the Bucs offered to make Glennon the highest paid back up in the league at $7 Million dollars, but he turned it down!!!  You don't do that to players who suck!

So it is absolutely insane to think Glennon will take that figure or a little higher than that to sign with the Jets.

The truth is Hack and Petty are probably a year away from competing for the starting job at best.

Please look at what Bucs fans say:

https://www.pewterreport.com/forums/topic/glennon-offered/

7 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Why would Glennon take 7 mil to be a backup? He is projected to be paid twice that or more in FA. No matter what I feel about him or his ability he would be stupid to take a deal where he would be a backup to a franchise QB. They still drafted Winston when they had Glennon already under contract. They watched him play for them and still drafted Winston. Why would they do that? The answer is they didn't feel they could win with him. That's the only thing that makes sense. What else could the answer be? Some QB starved team will give Glennon his money. Say they sign Glennon. This roster as constituted with Glennon will not go to the playoffs. So they go 7-9 or 6-10. With this years schedule that would take some doing. It just makes no sense to sign this guy and expect to go to the promised land this season or next. Glennon may or may not "suck" but he is not the answer for a team with so many holes. It will take alot more than Glennon to get this team back to the playoffs.

For what its worth, Licht would be a genius if he got Glennon to sign for 7 million. He would immediately trade Glennon and probably get a 1st or 2nd round pick out of it. People are talking about Glennon's market being around 13-15 million, and if you're paying that amount its most definitely to be the starter for your team. Imagine if Licht got Glennon to sign a 3 year 21 million dollar deal? He could trade Glennon today for a 1st or 2nd round pick. 

This is why Glennon cant/wont sign that contract even if he wanted to. It's slightly similar to how the Jets aquired Ryan Fitzpatrick. Instead of allowing to Texans to simply release Fitz after acquiring Hoyer, they instead requested a trade in order to keep Fitz existing contract which was much more cap friendly. Being able to control a QB you were willing to pay upwards of 13-15 million per year for 3 years 21 million instead, and all you had to do was give up your 1st or 2nd round pick in a draft year that is considered "mediocre" with QB talent would make both GM's look like Geniuses. 

As for everything else you said JetFaninMI, all that is based on things you raise questions on but simply dont know. The general questions you ask is typical of a person who dont know the specifics of that situation. And to be clear, im not saying that drafting Winston was a bad front office move, but everything leading up to that pick was certainly bad. Glennon was a Buc for 2 seasons before Winston was even drafted. Anyone who seen what occurred for those 2 years in relation to Glennon's performance on the field knows that what ended up happening wasnt because of a lack of peformance on Glennon's behalf. I wont waste time pointing out what occurred. Anyone who's interested in answering those general questions that is always asked have all opportunity to do so. 

I think Jameis winston is a better talent than Glennon, but your rhetorical questions are only relevant to those who are also unfamiliar with that situation. Those who are familar just laugh at the sh*t. 

Also your "It just makes no sense to sign this guy and expect to go to the promised land this season or next. Glennon may or may not "suck" but he is not the answer for a team with so many holes" position also makes no sense given that the only "answer" to this situation is basically Tom Brady. Seriously, what QB is going to get this team to the promised land this season or next if its not a QB like Tom Brady? Saying that a guy isnt the answer because the overall team is trash is ridiculous. Glennon's job is to be the answer at the QB position, if he ends up being an "all time talent" that can take any trash team with holes everywhere to the "promise land", then that should be considered an added bonus. 

I'll tell you the same thing that I tell all of the other people that talk a bunch about a guy they've obviously never watched. How about watching the guy and grade him off of his ability on the field and not the decisions of the Bucs front office.

Because lets be serious, this is the same organization that let the SB winning QB Doug Williams walk out of their building. This is the same organization that traded a SB winning/HOF QB in Steve Young. I guarantee if you asked the same general questions regarding those QB's that you ask about Glennon the hindsight answer you will get is "Because the Bucs front office are f'ing morons"....though it probably seemed like a damn good idea at the time. Atleast this go'round they have a guy in Jameis Winston. But again, those same questions dont make Glennon look bad, it only shows that the people asking those questions have no idea how retarded that front office and coaching staff was leading up to the first round pick that acquired Jameis Winston

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You don't pay a QB who couldn't start for the Bucs $18mil a year when the rest of your roster is 2 years away.

This.... All of this talk about paying Glennon north of single digit millions is crazy.  What has he shown to prove he is worth that kind of money?  Furthermore, the Jets are not a QB away from being a contender... Too much money to pay a guy that could not win the starting job where he was.... If he really believes he is worth 15-18 million, then let the Bears pay it....

8 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I don't see why if Glennon is or was the real deal why would the Bucs draft another QB? If you think you have your franchise QB why not build around him rather than draft another QB? No matter how good that QB is projected to be or looks to be? The fact is that the Bucs drafted Jameis Winston because Glennon was not seen as the long term solution at QB. So now because the Jets are so starved for an answer at the position some want to throw a ton of money at a guy who the Bucs were not confident enough to invest their future in. This would be a tremendous mistake. Hopefully Mac and the Jets continue to cut the deadwood and build from the draft. This draft is deep at a lot of need positions and the Jets would be wise to draft at those need positions. By all means sign some FA's but do not invest the future of this team in a guy who one franchise thought so little of they decided to draft another QB to build around.

Drew Brees says hello.

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You don't pay a QB who couldn't start for the Bucs $18mil a year when the rest of your roster is 2 years away.

You also don't:

• use up all your current cap space on new contracts for high-priced veterans in their 30s for the upcoming year
  • significantly tap into it for the following year (or the one after that)
  • when your drafted-player cupboard is nearly bare
  • your penciled-in starting QB is Geno Smith
  • you won't be in a position to draft a top-ranked QB in the upcoming draft, and won't make a serious play to move up to get one

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I don't get it, how much do folks think that the most important player on the NFL field, the QB, commands?

!5 Million is NOT crazy for a starting QB unless said QB is on a rookie contract.  People are nuts!!

The problem wasn't spending 12 Million dollars last year on the QB position for the Jets.  

The problem last year was spending 12 Million on Fitz, when Fitz has never been a go to the bank QB and was an unwarranted and unjustifiable risk IMO, BIG DIFFERENCE!!

Not to mention the Jets paid Wilkerson 22 Million last year, 18 this year

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am way more excited about the possibility of Glennon that I would be about Brock. I wasn't impressed with Brock in Denver.

I am okay with Glennon but i hope it isn't a 4 year 72 million dollar deal like Brock got. That said, and I am not a cap guru, but I would like to see the Jets front load a Glennon contract. Macc has been good with that so I assume the trend will continue.

I think the Texans are stuck with Brock because his year one base salary was so low. Do the opposite with Glennon. Take a shot on him but don't tie yourself to him for 4 years if it is a swing and a miss.

Front-loading it or back-loading it doesn't matter. What matters is how much they're paying him total & how much of that is guaranteed. It's kind of irrelevant what percentage of it hits the current year's cap, next year's cap, or the one after that. In any of those cases you're moving around the salaries of others to the current or future years to make them all fit together.

Osweiller got $37m guaranteed in the first 2 years. It wouldn't have been any better for Houston if he got $37m guaranteed over a span of 4 years if his payout over the first 2 years was at the same levels, or if $35m of the guaranteed amount was paid in year 1 as a roster bonus that all hit the year 1 cap. 

For example, take Cromartie. People mistakenly and myopically applaud that he was cut with no "dead cap" after 1 year. Except it makes no difference if he got $7m for the season in the form of a $7m guaranteed salary in year 1, or a $5m signing bonus plus a $2m salary in year 1. They are both the same thing: $7m for 1 season to a $3-4m/yr player, and it left the GM with the same amount available to spend on others. Ditto Fitzpatrick. Wouldn't matter if all $12m hit last year and they'd instead moved $5m of someone else's 2016 cap-hit to 2017. 

In the end the aggregate total is the same: everything you pay to a player, and guarantee for the future, must come off your salary cap. Which year the line-item is largest really has no impact on what the team is otherwise able or unable to do.

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

He admitted in a previous thread that he hasn't seen much of Glennon, but he's quick to repeat what others who have not watched Glennon have told him.

I watched all of Villain's Glennon video clips in that other thread.  He did not "wow" me in the least.  He would suck behind this line and I fear he would be mediocre throughout his career.  I don't get the "stud" vibe.  Of course, I'm no scout and I could certainly be terribly wrong.  But I don't get the feeling that any teams have ever offered anything meaningful to Tampa for Glennon and now that he's an UFA, I think teams will be hesitant to make an "Osweiler-type" mistake.  He'll get $13-15 million with lots of incentive clauses probably but not as much guaranteed as Houston stupidly gave Osweiler.

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I watched all of Villain's Glennon video clips in that other thread.  He did not "wow" me in the least.  He would suck behind this line and I fear he would be mediocre throughout his career.  I don't get the "stud" vibe.  Of course, I'm no scout and I could certainly be terribly wrong.  But I don't get the feeling that any teams have ever offered anything meaningful to Tampa for Glennon and now that he's an UFA, I think teams will be hesitant to make an "Osweiler-type" mistake.  He'll get $13-15 million with lots of incentive clauses probably but not as much guaranteed as Houston stupidly gave Osweiler.

Villain only posted three games if I'm not mistaken. And they were his first three games in the NFL, mind you. He gets a lot better as he gains experience.

I understand the fear of him being another Osweiler (I obviously don't believe he is). I think Osweiler's contract will give teams pause before throwing ridiculous money at Glennon. I also think the free agent/trade market for QBs is better than last year's, so Glennon may not cost as much as people think. 

I'm ok with the idea of Glennon but obviously at the right price, can't have a Brock Osweiler situation on our hands.  Since he basically hasn't played in two years I'd hope maybe Glennon would be more interested in a one year prove it deal where he can show his still a viable starter in the league and get the big money down the road.  Rumors are he turned down the Buccs offer to make him the highest paid backup so you'd think he's betting on himself a bit.

6 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I'm ok with the idea of Glennon but obviously at the right price, can't have a Brock Osweiler situation on our hands.  Since he basically hasn't played in two years I'd hope maybe Glennon would be more interested in a one year prove it deal where he can show his still a viable starter in the league and get the big money down the road.  Rumors are he turned down the Buccs offer to make him the highest paid backup so you'd think he's betting on himself a bit.

I think it more accurate to say Glennon and his agent are looking at the current FA/trade market for Qb's and seeing that they can parlay this into a very attractive contract for him. And by that I mean compared to his current contract and situation, because to be clear I totally agree with those here, which for some reason is far from everyone, who accurately realize that such market means an average NFL starting Qb makes in the neighborhood of $15mil.

Before I get to how I feel about Glennon, one other comment to those arguing for sticking with Petty and Hackenberg for the coming season.  I think those making that argument have failed to take into account why it appears the FO is NOT interested in going that route.  The simplest explanation why is that the FO and CS have already concluded those two will not likely add up to a realistic shot at a starting Qb of adequate ability. 

I could see arguing for Petty and Hackenberg LAST off season.  But Petty has since played, and looks no better than a possible barely adequate backup.  And there's a reason Hackenberg did not take a single snap in a regular season game. 

I could be wrong about those two.  But Occam's razor says the Jets have already decided they do not want to go with Petty and Hackenberg, and those arguing to do so should ask themselves why the Jets have not already indicated that is the way they want to go.  (I'll get to Glennon later...)

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

1) It was only his first few games as a pro.

2) Multiple outlets reported TB had received offers of a 2nd rd pick for Glennon but they wanted a first.  A 2nd rounder is meaningfull IMO.

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That'd be the definition of smugging a jizzbag.

I'm personally looking forward to Todd Bowles announcing him the starter after the combine when they decide they're not taking a QB and the bidding war with the Bears that will ensue shortly after. 

42 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I think it more accurate to say Glennon and his agent are looking at the current FA/trade market for Qb's and seeing that they can parlay this into a very attractive contract for him. And by that I mean compared to his current contract and situation, because to be clear I totally agree with those here, which for some reason is far from everyone, who accurately realize that such market means an average NFL starting Qb makes in the neighborhood of $15mil.

Before I get to how I feel about Glennon, one other comment to those arguing for sticking with Petty and Hackenberg for the coming season.  I think those making that argument have failed to take into account why it appears the FO is NOT interested in going that route.  The simplest explanation why is that the FO and CS have already concluded those two will not likely add up to a realistic shot at a starting Qb of adequate ability. 

I could see arguing for Petty and Hackenberg LAST off season.  But Petty has since played, and looks no better than a possible barely adequate backup.  And there's a reason Hackenberg did not take a single snap in a regular season game. 

I could be wrong about those two.  But Occam's razor says the Jets have already decided they do not want to go with Petty and Hackenberg, and those arguing to do so should ask themselves why the Jets have not already indicated that is the way they want to go.  (I'll get to Glennon later...)

I think (or at least hope) the Jets plan is to look for a viable insurance policy to compete for the starting job who obviously won't break the bank or mortgage their future.  I agree, they are absolutely not sold on Hack or Petty and nor should they be but I also think both are going to be given a real shot to compete with a vet in camp.  I can also see them drafting a QB in the middle to late rounds and letting him and Petty fight it out for that last spot on the depth chart and the loser getting cut.

The issues with a guy like Glennon will be term and guaranteed money.  If we could sign him to a one year deal even at inflated prices so be it but he will want term and big dollars. 

I laugh at the people saying start hack this year.  ZERO chance of that,

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The issues with a guy like Glennon will be term and guaranteed money.  If we could sign him to a one year deal even at inflated prices so be it but he will want term and big dollars. 

I laugh at the people saying start hack this year.  ZERO chance of that,

If more than one team has a real interest in a QB to be their starter, it's not going to take much to beat a 1-year offer.  If the rumors/reports are true, and the Jets are interested in Glennon, it would be as their starter.  If they want him as a starter, the contract offer they make will have to reflect that, or  he'll go to a different team that wants him as a starter and is willing to make an offer consistent with what starting quarterbacks get.

Hack is still working on how to throw a spiral.  No way he starts.

paying glennon say 16m would put him at just a little less than what the # 16 or #17 qbs are currently getting paid. That is NOT being paid in the TOP half of all nfl QBs

Jet fans have become used to paying almost nothing in QB services. This is not normal. You should have your biggest money in that position. What makes us different?

IMO, especially with the cap going up, 16M is NOT a reach for Glennon. Seem to me his pay would match his production i.e. middle of the pack pay for middle of the pack qb services.

Im in....willing to take a chance. You cheapskates keep dreaming for andrew luck to sign

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

For what its worth, Licht would be a genius if he got Glennon to sign for 7 million. He would immediately trade Glennon and probably get a 1st or 2nd round pick out of it. People are talking about Glennon's market being around 13-15 million, and if you're paying that amount its most definitely to be the starter for your team. Imagine if Licht got Glennon to sign a 3 year 21 million dollar deal? He could trade Glennon today for a 1st or 2nd round pick. 

This is why Glennon cant/wont sign that contract even if he wanted to. It's slightly similar to how the Jets aquired Ryan Fitzpatrick. Instead of allowing to Texans to simply release Fitz after acquiring Hoyer, they instead requested a trade in order to keep Fitz existing contract which was much more cap friendly. Being able to control a QB you were willing to pay upwards of 13-15 million per year for 3 years 21 million instead, and all you had to do was give up your 1st or 2nd round pick in a draft year that is considered "mediocre" with QB talent would make both GM's look like Geniuses. 

As for everything else you said JetFaninMI, all that is based on things you raise questions on but simply dont know. The general questions you ask is typical of a person who dont know the specifics of that situation. And to be clear, im not saying that drafting Winston was a bad front office move, but everything leading up to that pick was certainly bad. Glennon was a Buc for 2 seasons before Winston was even drafted. Anyone who seen what occurred for those 2 years in relation to Glennon's performance on the field knows that what ended up happening wasnt because of a lack of peformance on Glennon's behalf. I wont waste time pointing out what occurred. Anyone who's interested in answering those general questions that is always asked have all opportunity to do so. 

I think Jameis winston is a better talent than Glennon, but your rhetorical questions are only relevant to those who are also unfamiliar with that situation. Those who are familar just laugh at the sh*t. 

Also your "It just makes no sense to sign this guy and expect to go to the promised land this season or next. Glennon may or may not "suck" but he is not the answer for a team with so many holes" position also makes no sense given that the only "answer" to this situation is basically Tom Brady. Seriously, what QB is going to get this team to the promised land this season or next if its not a QB like Tom Brady? Saying that a guy isnt the answer because the overall team is trash is ridiculous. Glennon's job is to be the answer at the QB position, if he ends up being an "all time talent" that can take any trash team with holes everywhere to the "promise land", then that should be considered an added bonus. 

I'll tell you the same thing that I tell all of the other people that talk a bunch about a guy they've obviously never watched. How about watching the guy and grade him off of his ability on the field and not the decisions of the Bucs front office.

Because lets be serious, this is the same organization that let the SB winning QB Doug Williams walk out of their building. This is the same organization that traded a SB winning/HOF QB in Steve Young. I guarantee if you asked the same general questions regarding those QB's that you ask about Glennon the hindsight answer you will get is "Because the Bucs front office are f'ing morons"....though it probably seemed like a damn good idea at the time. Atleast this go'round they have a guy in Jameis Winston. But again, those same questions dont make Glennon look bad, it only shows that the people asking those questions have no idea how retarded that front office and coaching staff was leading up to the first round pick that acquired Jameis Winston

So you think if you put Brady on this team right now they would be contenders? I strongly disagree. Brady would be running for his life behind this OL. As you stated Glennon is not Brady. Glennon would cost a ton of cash to find out if he is "the answer" and by the time this team was ready to contend Glennon could be at or past his prime. So you could be stuck with a guy making top dollar who would be that much older when it comes time to deliver. If he is not "the answer" than your paying starters money to a backup QB. That didnt workout to well before did it?

The points about Young and Williams are equally ridiculous because this is not the same front office that made those moves. While it remains to be seen if Winston is the real deal the current Bucs front office and coaching staff seemed to think so otherwise Glennon is their starter and this conversation is not happening. They look pretty good so far in their talent estimation though and since they already had Glennon in the fold what does that say about Glennon's ceiling? They consider him nothing more than a backup at the position otherwise he would be starting and Winston is not drafted. What else ya got?

19 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

With the Patriots apparently unwilling to trade Garoppolo

TRADE DOWN FOR BROWNS 12th PICK!!!!

Get on the phone Macc. Let's make this happen and let the Browns get a QB at 6 after taking Garrett #1 overall.

At 12 the Jets select- S.Jones, CB, Washington  

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Get on the phone Macc. Let's make this happen and let the Browns get a QB at 6 after taking Garrett #1 overall.

With that trade, Imagine the Browns taking one of the QB's and then taking Cook or Fournette.  That is as good as you can get for team in dire need of hope. 

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

You know if we do that the QB they draft will be a multiple SB winner, and Hall of Fame QB.

13 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

So you think if you put Brady on this team right now they would be contenders? I strongly disagree. Brady would be running for his life behind this OL. As you stated Glennon is not Brady. Glennon would cost a ton of cash to find out if he is "the answer" and by the time this team was ready to contend Glennon could be at or past his prime. So you could be stuck with a guy making top dollar who would be that much older when it comes time to deliver. If he is not "the answer" than your paying starters money to a backup QB. That didnt workout to well before did it?

The points about Young and Williams are equally ridiculous because this is not the same front office that made those moves. While it remains to be seen if Winston is the real deal the current Bucs front office and coaching staff seemed to think so otherwise Glennon is their starter and this conversation is not happening. They look pretty good so far in their talent estimation though and since they already had Glennon in the fold what does that say about Glennon's ceiling? They consider him nothing more than a backup at the position otherwise he would be starting and Winston is not drafted. What else ya got?

THATS PRECISELY MY POINT! 

How are you going to say that Mike Glennon isnt the right guy for the job when you're sitting here and saying that the cheating-GOAT himself isnt the answer and you would strongly disagree if someone thought that he was? 

Then my question is, if of all QB's, Tom Brady isnt even the answer, then what QB would be the answer? Oh, I get it, for as long as that QB only cost 1 million or so, then he'd be the answer. 

Your logic is ridiculous. I couldnt even make it to the 2nd paragraph. 

Archived