Jets?Bears suitors for Glennon?

Scott Dierking

8 minutes ago, prime21 said:

With that trade, Imagine the Browns taking one of the QB's and then taking Cook or Fournette.  That is as good as you can get for team in dire need of hope. 

Thats fine as well. Personally, I would like the Jets to take Fournette if he fell. I have a feeling he will go to Jax at 4. But if he is there and the Browns offer up the 12th pick plus one of their 2nds plus a 3rd, I would jump all over it. The Jets are just not in a position right now where Fournette, even as a Pro Bowl RB, will push them over the top and make them a true contender. Getting two extra draft picks in the first 3 round could give them a much needed opportunity at an accelerated rebuild. Or put them in a position to move back up for a top prospect that may fall to the bottom of the first round. Imagine the Jets get S.Jones and R.Ramczyk? With multiple draft picks still remaining to fill in holes/add depth and talent.  

I also believe S.Jones will be the best CB to come out of this draft. And he would almost certainly still be there at 12.

Here are my top 5 picks once all is said and done.

CLE- Garrett

SF- Kizer

CHI- Allen

Jax- Fournette

Tenn- Hooker  

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

paying glennon say 16m would put him at just a little less than what the # 16 or #17 qbs are currently getting paid. That is NOT being paid in the TOP half of all nfl QBs

Jet fans have become used to paying almost nothing in QB services. This is not normal. You should have your biggest money in that position. What makes us different?

IMO, especially with the cap going up, 16M is NOT a reach for Glennon. Seem to me his pay would match his production i.e. middle of the pack pay for middle of the pack qb services.

Im in....willing to take a chance. You cheapskates keep dreaming for andrew luck to sign

Excellent point.  I'm always curious as to why so many fans seem to struggle with the idea of paying a quarterback at market value, and it's probably because we've grown accustomed to paying a scrub on a rookie deal a few million a year, so $16 million seems astronomical.  He's a quarterback.  If you're signing him, it's because you think he's pretty good.  If he's pretty good, the going rate is around $15 million per year.  If there's another serious bidder, the price goes up.

16 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Glennon will be the best QB we've had since Namath.

Back up the Brinks truck, Mac. And throw in a fourth round pick while you're at it! 

Definitely the best since Vinny in '98

I love the Glennon-haters.  Everyone has an excuse for sucking.  Fitz, Petty, Hack, Lynch etc but Glennon plays better than all of them oh he's Osweiler 2.0

Btw didn't Osweiler get to the second round of the playoffs this year?  Lol

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Excellent point.  I'm always curious as to why so many fans seem to struggle with the idea of paying a quarterback at market value, and it's probably because we've grown accustomed to paying a scrub on a rookie deal a few million a year, so $16 million seems astronomical.  He's a quarterback.  If you're signing him, it's because you think he's pretty good.  If he's pretty good, the going rate is around $15 million per year.  If there's another serious bidder, the price goes up.

Well y'know most teams try to get a good qb.  The jets try to get JAG's on the cheap at qb and then pay $50 million annual salary combined  to a Center, DL and CB

And then we wonder why it's year 6 no playoffs while the Pats win their 5th super bowl in 16 years

40 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Chase Daniels for Brandon Marshall? Chase serves as a mentor to hackenberg/petty?

Jets got Marshall for what amounts to a 6th round pick.  Marshall is off arguably  the worst season of his career.  Chase ain't much, but Marshall has 0 trade value

12 hours ago, JetNation said:

Glennon is an interesting option, he has the ideal size for a QB, he is listed at 6′ 6″. He has only played in 21 games through his four years in Tampa Bay. He threw 30 TDs and 15 INTs in his limited action. The sample size this past season was incredibly small, but he did complete 10 of his 11 passes. It seems like the recent Jets QB’s would have had a hard time going 10 of 11 with no defenders on the field.

My favorite part of this article.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

32263db1.jpg

He's got another human face growing out of his ridiculously long neck.  I don't like it.

SAR I

Huge opportunity here for Woody if he goes with the "Glennon's neck looks like Jesus" angle.  Pilgrims would flock to every home game in order to see the image of Jesus on Glennon's neck, thereby solving the PSL value / ticket sales dilemma.    

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Jets got Marshall for what amounts to a 6th round pick.  Marshall is off arguably  the worst season of his career.  Chase ain't much, but Marshall has 0 trade value

I wish that were the case, but Chicago's 7th rounder didn't have enough value to drop the trade value of our 5th rounder (#142) into "really" being worth only a 6th rounder. It would still be a 5th rounder - and still an upper 5th rounder at that - but like 3 picks later than our original pick. The 7th we got in return - selection #224 - had almost no trade value.

• Orig pick traded away = #142 overall = 34.5 points
  • New pick received back = #224 overall = 1.6 points
  • Net trade value = 32.9 points = #145 overall (5th round, pick #8 that year)

We traded a high 5th rounder. 

6 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yeah okay. Glennon is not even comparable to Brees before he came to the Saints. Try harder next time pal.

You are right, Glennon was better in his first 3 years than brees was his first 3.  Brees got better in year 4 and 5 but his first 3 years were bad.  Even after a good year 4 and 5, they still decided to move on.  The fact remains, good players are given up on all the time.  Doesnt mean he cant be good elsewhere.

im not saying he will be successful, he isnt my first option, but he isnt a horrible option either.

18 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I don't see why if Glennon is or was the real deal why would the Bucs draft another QB? If you think you have your franchise QB why not build around him rather than draft another QB? No matter how good that QB is projected to be or looks to be? The fact is that the Bucs drafted Jameis Winston because Glennon was not seen as the long term solution at QB. So now because the Jets are so starved for an answer at the position some want to throw a ton of money at a guy who the Bucs were not confident enough to invest their future in. This would be a tremendous mistake. Hopefully Mac and the Jets continue to cut the deadwood and build from the draft. This draft is deep at a lot of need positions and the Jets would be wise to draft at those need positions. By all means sign some FA's but do not invest the future of this team in a guy who one franchise thought so little of they decided to draft another QB to build around.

The Bucs drafted Winston and moved on from Glennon bc they changed coaching staffs and wanted to start fresh. Get your facts straight. 

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

THATS PRECISELY MY POINT! 

How are you going to say that Mike Glennon isnt the right guy for the job when you're sitting here and saying that the cheating-GOAT himself isnt the answer and you would strongly disagree if someone thought that he was? 

Then my question is, if of all QB's, Tom Brady isnt even the answer, then what QB would be the answer? Oh, I get it, for as long as that QB only cost 1 million or so, then he'd be the answer. 

Your logic is ridiculous. I couldnt even make it to the 2nd paragraph. 

Your logic is just plain dumb. Brady is only mentioned because you brought him up. Spending 13 mil plus or more to find out if Glennon is the answer is so friggin stupid I can't even comprehend that you would think that way. Letting Hack or Petty play costs the Jets a fraction of what it would cost to sign Glennon. Doesn't it make sense to find out what you have in hand? Your wanting a QB so bad has blinded you. Throwing money around at this time to go 6-10 or 7-9 or 8-8 is just prolonging the agony. Wake the Fu(k up!!

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The Bucs drafted Winston and moved on from Glennon bc they changed coaching staffs and wanted to start fresh. Get your facts straight. 

Why would they want to start fresh if they had an NFL caliber starter in the fold? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T THINK HE WAS CAPABLE OF BEING AN NFL STARTER.  Get your head out of your arse.

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

You are right, Glennon was better in his first 3 years than brees was his first 3.  Brees got better in year 4 and 5 but his first 3 years were bad.  Even after a good year 4 and 5, they still decided to move on.  The fact remains, good players are given up on all the time.  Doesnt mean he cant be good elsewhere.

im not saying he will be successful, he isnt my first option, but he isnt a horrible option either.

Fair enough. I just don't think its worth paying Glennon 13 mil+ a season to find out if he is the answer. Plus Glennon only has played in 8 games since 2013. He started 13 in 2013. Lets hand a guy a big contract based on what adds up too just over 1 season of experience. Sounds like madness to me.

Mike Glennon: With so many potential quarterback trade candidates coming with high price tags or looking likely to stay put, Glennon's status as an unequivocal free-agent-to-be sets him apart. Rapoport reported this week that the Bears and Jets are both expected to go after Glennon. These are two teams in desperate need of a starting quarterback going after the same guy, which will only raise Glennon's price tag. Don't be surprised if he gets money in the same annual ballpark as what Ryan Fitzpatrick received last season, around $12 million. That appears to be the going rate for a starter who hasn't proven he's a starter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000789180/article/combine-debrief-day-2-winners-and-losers

21 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Why would they want to start fresh if they had an NFL caliber starter in the fold? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T THINK HE WAS CAPABLE OF BEING AN NFL STARTER.  Get your head out of your arse.

Yet they just offered him a contract at $8 mil per

Wow they think he's so sh-tty

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Glennon isn't going anywhere to be a backup...only way he goes to Pittsburgh is if he gets crazy money.

Rapistburger threatented to retire on the radio recently

Steelers are the best talent evaluation front office in the NFL.  How on Earth could they like Glennon?

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Rapistburger threatented to retire on the radio recently

Steelers are the best talent evaluation front office in the NFL.  How on Earth could they like Glennon?

Obviously they have no idea what they're talking about.

This is just Discrimination against people with Giraffe necks.So the guy looks like a f*cking giraffe! Fitz came into camp looking like the space dude in the  Twilight zones to serve man episode. 

Are we as Jet fans REALLY gonna worry about a guys looks? Lol.

53 minutes ago, thadude said:

Yet they just offered him a contract at $8 mil per

Wow they think he's so sh-tty

You really think that the Bucs thought Glennon would take that offer when he can maybe double it as a starter? LOL. Your just killin me with your intellect.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

You are dense 

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

You really think that the Bucs thought Glennon would take that offer when he can maybe double it as a starter? LOL. Your just killin me with your intellect.

So they offered Glennon a multi-year multi-million extension just for the fun of it?

K

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

This is just Discrimination against people with Giraffe necks.So the guy looks like a f*cking giraffe! Fitz came into camp looking like the space dude in the  Twilight zones to serve man episode. 

Are we as Jet fans REALLY gonna worry about a guys looks? Lol.

What else can you say if you barely to never watched Glennon play?  

We can't all be as handsome as Hackenburgh

10 hours ago, choon328 said:

You are dense 

Come on. I understand your position because you really want a good QB but is it really smart to deliver a boat load of cash to an unproven guy? Glennon is not proven he really isn't.

5 hours ago, thadude said:

So they offered Glennon a multi-year multi-million extension just for the fun of it?

K

No. They took a shot. It was a 50/50 thing but in reality they have to have known he wouldn't take it. Not with all the QB starved teams. It's common sense. If you were Glennon would you have taken it? Glennon at this point is a backup until he proves otherwise. You want to give him upwards of 50mil to find that out? I don't.

People . what do you expect to pay for a starting QB in 2017? The Bucs just offered him 8 mil to be the backup.  Do you think they made that offer because they think he is horrible? The cap is going up. Starting QBs will make more.  !3 mil is not insane.  

I doubt Glennon will want to sign here, and I don't think the Jets FO wants him either, not after these moves. If Decker is released when and if he passes a physical, definitely not. I was all in for Glennon, but the youth movement is in place. Hopefully we get this rebuild right.

4 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I doubt Glennon will want to sign here, and I don't think the Jets FO wants him either, not after these moves. If Decker is released when and if he passes a physical, definitely not. I was all in for Glennon, but the youth movement is in place. Hopefully we get this rebuild right.

Agree Brandon Marshall with his head in the game could really benefit a QB rookie or seasoned vet the guy is money when he's all there. If they cut Decker then its rookie QB and rookie WR's. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree Brandon Marshall with his head in the game could really benefit a QB rookie or seasoned vet the guy is money when he's all there. If they cut Decker then its rookie QB and rookie WR's. 

It will be interesting to see what they do in FA and the draft. It looks like 2017 and 2018 FA and the draft will be what most fans will be looking forward to. 

Archived