Report: Jets management doesn't expect to be good for a couple years

King P

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

In other news:  Water?  Yep, still wet.

Exactly. The only difference between this and every other year, is the PR angle. Most years the sales pitch is "hope", this year it is "proper rebuild", the one thing that is constant is that they are pandering to the sentiment of what the fans want (last year was a follow up to 2015, this year is a proper rebuild)... giving it to them means not actually being competitive though. It's just satisfying the tertiary cries for "change", rather than satisfying the real want: winning.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Really looking forward to cutting a check for $5,500 for a 1-7 home schedule next month.

SAR I

Just imagine the fun we are going to have Sar. Good times are a comin'

I'm all for the purge though, its time.

things can change very quickly in this league but w/o all the moves and no QB the chances are we will be really bad this year but there's a lot of offseason to come.  let's see what they can do, hopefully if we do suck we at least have some building blocks for a bright future.

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Really looking forward to cutting a check for $5,500 for a 1-7 home schedule next month.

SAR I

the good news is they will report a sell out and you can tell us how the jets are top 5 in attendance :D

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Remember when we made all these signings and trades and a rag-tag group of posting rebels told you jabronis that this was going to be the end result and you all laughed at us and called us horrible fans and that we didn't deserve to live? Good times.

Sadly the Jets off season has come to brother fans bashing each others brains in on the internet,instead of talking about the success of our team we argue about who was right and who was wrong about the 4-12 season. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Sadly the Jets off season has come to brother fans bashing each others brains in on the internet,instead of talking about the success of our team we argue about who was right and who was wrong about the 4-12 season. 

Hasn't Max threatened to ban you like 127 times over the past year for personal attacks? 

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hasn't Max threatened to ban you like 127 times over the past year for personal attacks? 

Not a personal attack only you would see it that way its a figure of speech. Nothing personal at all. 

Get a grip. 

Sheesh. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Enjoy the ride SAR I a diehard fan like yourself should be able to endure it. 

joewilly12 

What's your point?  I intend to.  So do all PSL holders. 

We understand that we are in it for the 30 year long haul and we understand that most seasons will not end well.  We don't cut and run like you did when the Jets relocated Giants Stadium squatters and built a new stadium,  You decided that the playoff runs were over and you quit.  Money means more to you than loyalty.  That's okay, I don't judge you.  Just don't judge us.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We understand that we are in it for the 30 year long haul and we understand that most seasons will not end well.  We don't cut and run like you did when the Jets relocated Giants Stadium squatters and built a new stadium,  You decided that the playoff runs were over and you quit.  Money means more to you than loyalty.  That's okay, I don't judge you.  Just don't judge us.

SAR I

Im not I'm truly wishing you an enjoyable ride. 

Ive been there and done that now its your turn. 

Dont put words in my mouth and i wont put them in yours. 

joewilly12 

14 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Just imagine the fun we are going to have Sar. Good times are a comin'

I'm all for the purge though, its time.

Yup, it's still fun in 232A, wouldn't change a thing for the memories we've already had and the ones that will come.

I don't think Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans who ponied up for season tickets 20 years before their Super Bowl and now 15 years after their Super Bowl have any regrets.  Because they were there and were rewarded immeasurably when they won it.  That's what non-season ticket holders don't understand.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

huh? the future looked as bright as ever when we left the old stadium for the new Stadium, no one was leaving b/c they thought the Jets would suck, we left b/c we didn't want to get ripped off and we can still go for a fraction of the price.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Remember when we made all these signings and trades and a rag-tag group of posting rebels told you jabronis that this was going to be the end result and you all laughed at us and called us horrible fans and that we didn't deserve to live? Good times.

The question is when did the clock start ticking?

Did Maccagnan start the rebuild in 2015 and we got one enjoyable 10 win season out of it as a bonius?  Or did it just start today when Marshall got cut?

SAR I

Just now, nyjunc said:

before this thread spirals out of control I want to note that I like Sar and I like joewilly.  2 good, fun posters on the board.

No harm no foul sad some it that way. 

In the end we are all Jets fans and want the same results. 

Just now, SAR I said:

Yup, it's still fun in 232A, wouldn't change a thing for the memories we've already had and the ones that will come.

I don't think Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans who ponied up for season tickets 20 years before their Super Bowl and now 15 years after their Super Bowl have any regrets.  Because they were there and were rewarded immeasurably when they won it.  That's what non-season ticket holders don't understand.

SAR I

StubHub didn't exist then. Stop buying your friends. Resale market 4life bitches!

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the good news is they will report a sell out and you can tell us how the jets are top 5 in attendance :D

That's the beauty of Stubhub and having a team in a metropolis with 20 million people.  Even in the crappy Geno Smith years and last year, we are #1 in the AFC in attendance.  If some Jets fans get $15 tickets, who cares?  They show up.  Younger fans get to go to their first game.  Poor people get a great day out with the family that's cheaper than Adventureland or Rye Playland.  That's a good thing.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly. The only difference between this and every other year, is the PR angle. Most years the sales pitch is "hope", this year it is "proper rebuild", the one thing that is constant is that they are pandering to the sentiment of what the fans want (last year was a follow up to 2015, this year is a proper rebuild)... giving it to them means not actually being competitive though. It's just satisfying the tertiary cries for "change", rather than satisfying the real want: winning.

Well said my friend.

And frankly, at this point, I'm all-in on "full rebuild".

No signing expensive players, no overpaying from castoff QB "prospects" who failed elsewhere.

Low-Cost, Long-Term Need FA's only.

Draft Players for the long term.

Go with Petty and Hackenberg and either a mid-round/late-round Draft Pick, or an ultra-low-cost FA/Practice Squad QB as the #3.

Rebuild, and do it right.  We lose, we lose, fine.

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

I just hope we don't half ass this :wub: tank :wub:  job.

I want to go all in.  I don't want anyone over the age of 23 taking a single snap.

I don't want the #2 pick next year.  I want the #1 pick.  

Trust the process.

8378374355_8dd179da5d_b.jpg

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Well said my friend.

And frankly, at this point, I'm all-in on "full rebuild".

No signing expensive players, no overpaying from castoff QB "prospects" who failed elsewhere.

Low-Cost, Long-Term Need FA's only.

Draft Players for the long term.

Go with Petty and Hackenberg and either a mid-round/late-round Draft Pick, or an ultra-low-cost FA/Practice Squad QB as the #3.

Rebuild, and do it right.  We lose, we lose, fine.

You know what?  If we do it right, we won't be losing for long.

13 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol woody playing politics right now .. his patience for the jets staff is high right now . Cause he ain't worried about the jets and football right now ..

So how is woody being detached a bad thing? The Yankees turned into dynasty AFTER Steinbrenner was forced out and the GM was able to just make some long term moves. Woody, like George, wants to be good every year. The problem is that you never become great. If we can suck for a year or even two and restock our team with a franchise QB and some more pieces we will be better off. 

Am I looking forward to watching another 16 miserable games with my son? No. But if it means we land Sam Darnold for the next 15 years then I am all for it. 

Archived