..and there goes Brandon Marshall.

TaborJet

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Do you folks realize that the jets won 5 games last yr and the only player we cut loose that had the most to do with those 5 wins is the miserable QB who stunk up the joint .

Thus far, we have lost absolutely nothing .

Well maybe Nick Folk was ok,

Spot on except Folk was awful too.  He missed a couple extra points and more field goals than usual.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I prefer Fold for Darnold. 

obviously

SERIOUS SUGGESTION: MINI TOWELS distributed to fans in PARKING LOT and games that we "FOLD" and in doing so it simply reads: DARNOLD

FOLD 1 (on a Jets Green Logo Towel) to display 4 DARNOLD on the other side when folded in white. He wears #14, so I incorporated the 1 and 4:)

Can someone photoshop what I'm trying to type here please?

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Meh. There is still plenty of WR depth on the team. And you can't discount the Mike Williams curse. 

But this is a Clemson WR named Mike Williams. Thaaaaaaat might be enough to break it.  

Decker might not be around longer than next year so it wouldn't hurt.  With the depth at CB in this draft class, it's certainly possible that WR could truly be BPA when we're on the clock in the first.  Then grab one of them Gator boys in the second.  

Wow. Macc really stinks. When you have to cut numerous starters with out a viable backup to make cap room, you effed up. Hope he gets canned next year when we stink again. 

Oh and this probably means we are signing Geno. Makes sense. 

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

But this is a Clemson WR named Mike Williams. Thaaaaaaat might be enough to break it.  

Decker might not be around longer than next year so it wouldn't hurt.  With the depth at CB in this draft class, it's certainly possible that WR could truly be BPA when we're on the clock in the first.  Then grab one of them Gator boys in the second.  

I doubt Mike Williams lasts till our second round pick cuz we all know we are going DL in the first. 

Jets have FINALLY gone full rebuild mode, they must read this site,lol. I'm incredibly excited about this. I know it all looks like doom & gloom but with Darnold & Rosen to choose from next year this could be the year to remember as we watch this young team grow up together. Decker & Harris should be next...seriously, what's the point now of keeping them? Your talking saving another 12 million on the cap! Roll it over to next year. I'm laughing at some fans reactions, we won freaking 5 games last year, was Marshall good last year? The guy quit! Harris tries but is WAY TOO SLOW now & getting really long in the tooth. This is the 1st time I remember the New York Jets ripping the bandaids off completely. F*cking exciting as hell! Can't wait for the draft, free agency (youngsters only), UDFAs,and watching young guys develop into leaders. It's all about being ready when the Pats fall. Can't wait! Go Jets!

it doesn't matter who the qb is if the receiver isn't catching the balls.  marshall had far too many drops and most of those were right in his hands. the jets will be fine with decker, enunwa, anderson, smith, peake and jalen marshall.  not to mention that forte and powell will also catch passes and it looks like they might get the te involved. let's hope they also make an attempt to lock in enunwa for a few seasons.

44 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I'm sure Petty and Hack are overjoyed with the cuts on the o-line and now Brandon.  

If we are signing one of these FA QB's we will have to pay more than expected. 

That's expected with any bad team

8 hours ago, flgreen said:

Think this puts Mike Williams in play in the 1st.  Wonder how Decker's going to react?

How in the world will Mike Williams ever get past Tennessee at #5?  WR is their biggest need with Mariota going into year 3. 

46 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I'm sure Petty and Hack are overjoyed with the cuts on the o-line and now Brandon.  

If we are signing one of these FA QB's we will have to pay more than expected. 

Clearing the way for younger player to get a chance, Decker is next followed by Harris and Gilchrist to make way for Hooker

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

decker is probably safe because there would be some dead money if he were released.

I don't think that comes into play at all. The Jets are already carrying a lot of dead money this year, a little more won't hurt in what's looking more and more like a rebuild, and it will all be off the books in 2018 when they might be more inclined to be heavy players in FA. 

Archived