Brandin Cooks

SR24

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Not a second, but I'd move one of our two 3rds for him that can become a second if he produces at a high level for us.

I'd pull the trigger on a 3rd in a heartbeat, I think they'll get a 2nd for him though. Asking for a 1st right now

Wouldn't trade a 1st.. plus they don't have much leverage there the ones that want him out ..  a third absolutely , Sheldon yup,  a 2nd maybe depends on the bidding war .. 

but at 23  there's players in the current draft older than him..  it's something I hope the jets look into .

I think he'd be worth it in theory, but the much bigger issue is the move would obviously have to come along with a new contract.  In that case, might as well just look to the free agent market or just use the pick on your own WR that would come at an excessively lower cost.  It would make total sense for a win-now team in need of a top weapon, not so much for a team that has a long way to go.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes. Let's trade high picks that yield talented players on the cheap for guys who are about to get paid. It's a wonderful strategy that has worked exceedingly well for us the last 6 years.

Name me the last successful 2nd round pick ? Jets have drafted 

15 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Would you trade a 2nd rounder for him? Great route runner and only 23 yrs old. Definitely an interesting player to keep an eye on

No, but I might consider trading Sheldon Richardson for him and a 4th .

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes. Let's trade high picks that yield talented players on the cheap for guys who are about to get paid. It's a wonderful strategy that has worked exceedingly well for us the last 6 years.

Every good player will need to get paid eventually. 

But I agree. This is not the time to do so for the Jets. They need all the cheap, young talent they can get (draft picks) so as to begin a legitimate rebuild.  

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Every good player will need to get paid eventually. 

But I agree. This is not the time to do so for the Jets. They need all the cheap, young talent they can get (draft picks) so as to begin a legitimate rebuild.  

Like Devin smith and Hackenberg ?  Our last 2 2nd round picks ? 

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Like Devin smith and Hackenberg ?  Our last 2 2nd round picks ? 

WTF does that statement even mean? 

'Ugh, hey, you mean like those busts we drafted who aren't quite busts yet, who, we like, drafted, duhhh' 

C'mon man. You're better than that. 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

'Ugh, hey, you mean like those busts we drafted who aren't quite busts yet, who, we like, drafted, duhhh' 

It means exactly what I said. We miss on picks all the time . So passing up sure things for unsure makes no sense .. U would draft Cook in round 2 in this draft this year if you had the chance but you wouldn't trade for him .. 

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Should have drafted him instead of Pryor.  Still hate that pick.

I was promised with big hits, when we got Pryor. I was OK if he wasn't an All Pro safety, with that in mind. I have been disappointed.

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Devin Smith and Hack are busts.  Apparently, you just don't know it yet.

28 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Devin Smith and Hack are busts.  Apparently, you just don't know it yet.

Correct. I do not believe they are busts yet. Much more so Hack than Smith. But yes. I don;lt know how anyone in their right mind can call Hack a bust when he has been in the league one season and has yet to take a meaningful NFL snap. Its asinine. 

Probably best if we just stay away from him. The way this team is starting to look we are a few years of building from contention...our recievers are pretty decent and mostly younger than cooks as is we should stick with them and see what they turn into. Money and draft picks would be better spent building up other positions like db

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I don't think he's worth it on this team. Short WR's like Cooks look amazing when they have an elite qb, but due to his smaller catch window he will be marginalized in the Jets offense. Kinda like how Tavon Austin looks meh on the Rams but Brady or Brees would find him wide open down the seams constantly.

This just in:

Saints aint getting a first for Cooks. The will be extremely lucky to get a low 2nd rounder. They will most likely have to settle for a 3rd. At best. No one will pay that much to Saints and then bend over for Cooks as well. 

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

3/4/17, 8:41 PM

No. 32, yes, but would involve a swap of picks. Not a true first rounder (yet) twitter.com/jkatzenstein/s…

Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein)

3/4/17, 7:39 PM

The Patriots offered a package with the No. 32 pick for Brandin Cooks, but the Saints are aiming higher, per sources s.nola.com/WHI4n2I

Archived