Brandin Cooks

SR24

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports the Saints turned down a package that included the Patriots' No. 32 overall pick for Brandin Cooks.

At least five teams have interest in trading for Cooks. The Patriots are the latest to make a run, but the Saints are holding out for a pick in the middle of the first round. New Orleans is reportedly willing to keep Cooks if their price isn't met. The Eagles and the Titans are the favorites to land Cooks.

On 3/3/2017 at 9:19 AM, Fantasy Island said:

Should have drafted him instead of Pryor.  Still hate that pick.

Will ALWAYS hate that pick. Have hated almost all of our recent first round picks except for Leonard Williams. CB and safety are WAY too risky in the top half or more of the first round IMO.

On 3/3/2017 at 2:41 PM, hokiejetfan92 said:

I don't think he's worth it on this team. Short WR's like Cooks look amazing when they have an elite qb, but due to his smaller catch window he will be marginalized in the Jets offense. Kinda like how Tavon Austin looks meh on the Rams but Brady or Brees would find him wide open down the seams constantly.

Not really true since the Saints are trading Cooks because Brees doesn't work with him well.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not really true since the Saints are trading Cooks because Brees doesn't work with him well.

My guess is that the Saints are trying to move him because they believe they have struck gold with Michael Thomas. Thomas will be the clear #1 in a pass happy offense that spreads the ball around a lot.  That means Cooks would see even fewer targets than before.  Cooks has made noise about not being targeted enough.  With Thomas moving ahead of him, that number is going to drop further and if  New Orleans truly thinks they can get a 1st rounder, they should go for it.  

I'd love a Sheldon for Cooks trade.  Why not?  New Orleans has stated their mission is to improve that defense for 2017 and Sheldon would be huge for them.

On 3/3/2017 at 0:23 PM, Tinstar said:

No, but I might consider trading Sheldon Richardson for him and a 4th .

yes.  i don't think trading a high draft pick in this year's draft woud be very smart because its supposed to be loaded with lots of good db's and safeties.  keep the picks and trade players if possible for more.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, rangerous said:

yes.  i don't think trading a high draft pick in this year's draft woud be very smart because its supposed to be loaded with lots of good db's and safeties.  keep the picks and trade players if possible for more.

This makes so much sense it's stupid . The Saints want to build their defense and get rid of a possible locker room  issue . The Jets could use a quick scat type receiver who can take the top off a defense and could replace an injured expensive Decker in the slot  while getting rid of a locker room issue .

Give me your headache and I will take your headache . Both kiddies have half of 2017 to prove they deserve a new contract . 

The Jets are not a team that should make this move, but contract wise I am sure he has huge value for some teams.  He is only due like $1.5M salary and bonus this year and you would have the 5th year option.  I have read the Eagles and Titans are the front-runners and he makes way more sense for them than us. The Saints have Snead and Brandon Coleman who seem like legit options. 

Archived