Mac Shopping #6 Pick

SR24

8 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

How can you support an immature ass who loses his job because of a stupid move? New and improved? A leopard never changes its spots.

I guess you missed Genos cock pictures that were all over the Internet? It was magnificent, so if your into that type of thing.........

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I guess you missed Genos cock pictures that were all over the Internet? It was magnificent, so if your into that type of thing.........

Well since I never even heard of him doing that and since you hold them in such high esteem have at them.

This is just another reason to say no to Geno"friggin"Smith. Like I said an immature a-hole who could never win the respect of a teammate. Especially if they go with a FA rebuild supplemented by the draft. With that looking like a distinct possibility no vet could view him as a leader once he starts his sh*t. Say no to this guy who didn't even have enough discipline to keep his job. Not mention having a glass jaw. Forget Geno"friggin"Smith.

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well since I never even heard of him doing that and since you hold them in such high esteem have at them.

This is just another reason to say no to Geno"friggin"Smith. Like I said an immature a-hole who could never win the respect of a teammate. Especially if they go with a FA rebuild supplemented by the draft. With that looking like a distinct possibility no vet could view him as a leader once he starts his sh*t. Say no to this guy who didn't even have enough discipline to keep his job. Not mention having a glass jaw. Forget Geno"friggin"Smith.

All Geno needs is better teammates and he will be a franchise QB. I believe joewilly12 to be an extremely knowledgeable football guy, and if he believes, I believe!

17 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

All Geno needs is better teammates and he will be a franchise QB. I believe joewilly12 to be an extremely knowledgeable football guy, and if he believes, I believe!

You lost me right there. If you read "the great joewilly12" and his posts he wants the "new and improved" Geno"friggin"Smith. LOL NEW AND IMPROVED. You have to be kidding. This guy got cold cocked by a fringe roster guy for not paying off on a bet and challenging the guy. He got knocked the fu(k out and LOST A STARTING QB job in the NFL for being an a-hole. By his comments he hasn't learned a goddamned thing from it either. Geno"friggin"Smith is an immature a-hole and is not the answer, has never been the answer, and never will be the answer.

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You lost me right there. If you read "the great joewilly12" and his posts he wants the "new and improved" Geno"friggin"Smith. LOL NEW AND IMPROVED. You have to be kidding. This guy got cold cocked by a fringe roster guy for not paying off on a bet and challenging the guy. He got knocked the fu(k out and LOST A STARTING QB job in the NFL for being an a-hole. By his comments he hasn't learned a goddamned thing from it either. Geno"friggin"Smith is an immature a-hole and is not the answer, has never been the answer, and never will be the answer.

I'm pretty sure that Maccagnan is negotiating with joewilly12 to be his football thought leader as we speak. 

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I'm pretty sure that Maccagnan is negotiating with joewilly12 to be his football thought leader as we speak. 

Might as well tell the Jet Nation to turn around and bend over if that's the case.

18 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

What he said is actually an execution that a number of successful personnel men do.

Now, execution on the tactic is something else.

But, the strategy has worked.

It's the execution in this type of deal-making with other teams that has been suspect. As far as the optics, I can't remember seeing, in early March, too many GMs announcing to a reporter that he's hereby inviting everyone to call him with offers for his #6 pick.

Actually the last times I remember such an announcement was

• Parcells, when he scared Peyton Manning out of declaring for the draft & then got swindled for the #1 pick (and then the #6 pick after that).
  • San Fran in 2005 when they didn't want to guarantee $25m to the #1 pick and neither did anybody else. Though I confess I don't have memory of anything their GM actually said to the media, it was fairly well known they were looking to trade out of the top spot.

Even still, when they did this they had the #1 overall pick so every suitor knew who was available way ahead of time - everyone was available - if trading with the Jets. I didn't say it was impossible to use this tactic to find a trade partner in any mode of business, but it is clearly unusual for an NFL GM to make this announcement this early, before FA has even begun.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

It's the execution in this type of deal-making with other teams that has been suspect. As far as the optics, I can't remember seeing, in early March, too many GMs announcing to a reporter that he's hereby inviting everyone to call him with offers for his #6 pick.

• Parcells, when he scared Peyton Manning out of declaring for the draft & then got swindled for the #1 pick (and then the #6 pick after that).
  • San Fran in 2005 when they didn't want to guarantee $25m to the #1 pick and neither did anybody else. Though I confess I don't have memory of anything their GM actually said to the media, it was fairly well known they were looking to trade out of the top spot.

Even still, when they did this they had the #1 overall pick so every suitor knew who was available way ahead of time - everyone was available - if trading with the Jets. I didn't say it was impossible to use this tactic to find a trade partner in any mode of business, but it is clearly unusual for an NFL GM to make this announcement this early, before FA has even begun.

The interesting thing is that Tennessee just announced that their pick #5 is also on the market, at least it was reported. as such

17 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Geno"friggin"Smith and Mr Compromise My Principals for a new deal on this team?  In a word: NO

21 minutes ago, section314 said:

No, but just the thought of those two anywhere near this team would make me look in the rolodex for DR. Kervorkians old number.:D

I don't know guys, joewilly12 know his sh*t.

13 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

How can you support an immature ass who loses his job because of a stupid move? New and improved? A leopard never changes its spots.

Ironically the Jets didn't consider that when they signed Ryan Fitzpatrick twice when 31 other NFL teams just said no,

Fitzpatrick is the NFL's biggest loser but many here anointed him the new messiah of QB's. 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ironically the Jets didn't consider that when they signed Ryan Fitzpatrick twice when 31 other NFL teams just said no,

Fitzpatrick is the NFL's biggest loser but many here anointed him the new messiah of QB's. 

The first time they signed him was to backup and mentor your boy Geno in Gailey's offense. If Geno"friggin"Smith doesn't get a broken jaw for being an immature a-hole sh*tz probably never see's the field. The second time was a craptacular screw-up the way it was handled on both sides you knew it wasn't going to turn out well at all. So in a roundabout way Geno"friggin"Smith is the sole reason for sh*tz ever being on the field AND being re-signed in the first place. Another reason to thank your boy Geno.

6 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The first time they signed him was to backup and mentor your boy Geno in Gailey's offense. If Geno"friggin"Smith doesn't get a broken jaw for being an immature a-hole sh*tz probably never see's the field. The second time was a craptacular screw-up the way it was handled on both sides you knew it wasn't going to turn out well at all. So in a roundabout way Geno"friggin"Smith is the sole reason for sh*tz ever being on the field AND being re-signed in the first place. Another reason to thank your boy Geno.

Lets thank all the QB's who have taken a snap for this organization dating back to 1969. We haven't learned any lessons since then. We seem to always draft the wrong guy regardless of the selection every once in awhile we hit on a few players but not the QB. We are in the position we are mainly because of poor drafting. Ryan Fitzpatrick your boy was a debacle lets all wait and see the next move this organization makes and who will be  under center on opening day 2017 hopefully it wont be a has been that never was and will be a promising rookie that can learn and grow with the team.If not thank you NY Jets once again. 

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lets thank all the QB's who have taken a snap for this organization dating back to 1969. We haven't learned any lessons since then. We seem to always draft the wrong guy regardless of the selection every once in awhile we hit on a few players but not the QB. We are in the position we are mainly because of poor drafting. Ryan Fitzpatrick your boy was a debacle lets all wait and see the next move this organization makes and who will be  under center on opening day 2017 hopefully it wont be a has been that never was and will be a promising rookie that can learn and grow with the team.If not thank you NY Jets once again. 

sh*tz was never "my boy" as you put it. This why you are thought of as you are on these boards. You never counter with any facts you just spew bullspit. Your wrong on GENO and have since changed your tune. Oh wait you want the new and improved Geno. LOL. Now your spewing more crap about rebuilding through the draft after being Geno"friggin"Smiths fu(kboy. You would make a great politician. You have perfected the art of talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

sh*tz was never "my boy" as you put it. This why you are thought of as you are on these boards. You never counter with any facts you just spew bullspit. Your wrong on GENO and have since changed your tune. Oh wait you want the new and improved Geno. LOL. Now your spewing more crap about rebuilding through the draft after being Geno"friggin"Smiths fu(kboy. You would make a great politician. You have perfected the art of talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Id rather have Geno than overpaying for Glennon is the point follow along. If given the choice I prefer a rookie QB namely Watson who hopefully turns out like Prescott did in Dallas. 

I dont give a rats ass what you or anyone thinks of me on these boards I'm not here to win a popularity contest or be the most liked guy on the internet. 

Grow up or shut up its guys like you that give this organization a bad name pretending to be a Jets fan and thinking he knows what he's talking about always out bashing others. 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You have to tell me, what is the tangible way that this hurts Macc's position, or Jets value in the pick?

What he is essentially doing is telling the league that he is open to talk and willing to make moves. It does not lock him in doing so. It does not discount the pick. It does not hurt the Jets position.

I understand the want to criticize everything that he says or does, but I would suggest doing so in ways that are truly impactful. I did not find any of those comments to be in that regard. In fact, as opposed to much of the Jets tenure in the league, when their phones seemingly did not get answered when other teams called, I find this to be a candor that I admire.

Now, just handle it correctly. Which is where the focus should be.

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You have to tell me, what is the tangible way that this hurts Macc's position, or Jets value in the pick?

What he is essentially doing is telling the league that he is open to talk and willing to make moves. It does not lock him in doing so. It does not discount the pick. It does not hurt the Jets position.

I understand the want to criticize everything that he says or does, but I would suggest doing so in ways that are truly impactful. I did not find any of those comments to be in that regard. In fact, as opposed to much of the Jets tenure in the league, when their phones seemingly did not get answered when other teams called, I find this to be a candor that I admire.

Now, just handle it correctly. Which is where the focus should be.

We'll see. He may just simply have to do this now if he's developed a reputation for overreaching when more significant transactions are attempted. Last thing that was leaked regarding other teams was Dallas calling his opening line in the sand (at least a round 1 pick for Richardson) a nonstarter, after which negotiations ceased. 

It is premature to say whether it's hurt the team's position because we are now unable to see what potentially better offers - if any - he'd have received if he didn't show he was desirous of moving down. In my experience, the way to get the best price - a car, a house, a contract, etc. - is not to say or indicate that you really/badly want something. Announcing it to the media IMO does just that.

I don't disagree that he'll ultimately get judged on whatever deal is or isn't consummated, but it is certainly an unusual thing to do in early March, and it does have the potential to cause lower offers to come in. Now if there's a coveted QB there at #6, and he's still looking to trade out of the slot, there would presumably be a bidding war for our pick. In that case, I would agree anything he said this past week is irrelevant, as teams are then bidding against other suitors for the pick rather than bidding against the Jets.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We'll see. He may just simply have to do this now if he's developed a reputation for overreaching when more significant transactions are attempted. Last thing that was leaked regarding other teams was Dallas calling his opening line in the sand (at least a round 1 pick for Richardson) a nonstarter, after which negotiations ceased. 

It is premature to say whether it's hurt the team's position because we are now unable to see what potentially better offers - if any - he'd have received if he didn't show he was desirous of moving down. In my experience, the way to get the best price - a car, a house, a contract, etc. - is not to say or indicate that you really/badly want something. Announcing it to the media IMO does just that.

I don't disagree that he'll ultimately get judged on whatever deal is or isn't consummated, but it is certainly an unusual thing to do in early March, and it does have the potential to cause lower offers to come in. Now if there's a coveted QB there at #6, and he's still looking to trade out of the slot, there would presumably be a bidding war for our pick. In that case, I would agree anything he said this past week is irrelevant, as teams are then bidding against other suitors for the pick rather than bidding against the Jets.

Saying that a player must be traded, or is available is certainly different than saying a draft spot is open to be traded. 

He has not said that he WILL trade out of the spot. Only that it is available, if the price is right. That precludes nothing in terms of what other may offer. 

Much ado about nothing. N

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Saying that a player must be traded, or is available is certainly different than saying a draft spot is open to be traded. 

He has not said that he WILL trade out of the spot. Only that it is available, if the price is right. That precludes nothing in terms of what other may offer. 

Much ado about nothing. N

But the haters are all saying that he shouldn't have said that #6 was on the trade block.  As if nobody knew that already.  They act as if Mac had revealed some ancient secret strategy!  LOL.  

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

But the haters are all saying that he shouldn't have said that #6 was on the trade block.  As if nobody knew that already.  They act as if Mac had revealed some ancient secret strategy!  LOL.  

Um, nobody did know that until he said it. However I'm sure he would have received calls when our pick was up, as is common for almost every pick (particularly this early). What he announced was this was something he wanted, so the opening offer should be expected to be lower than otherwise. 

Like I said to SD, if multiple teams are after our #6, then it won't matter as those teams' GMs will then be bidding against each other. This would be the best case scenario if he's hell-bent on trading down.

Like all GMS he said he would trade down, stay  put or trade up.  No big secret that the jets might look into trading down.  No franchise QB, the top edge rusher will be gone, no franchise LT lots of cbs and Safeties.

Teams are smart enough to know basically where other teams stand and all of them pretty well talk trade value well before the draft so they have a frame work when draft day arrives.  I'd be very happy if we could manage to trade down this year.  It makes sense, of course you don't do it until your pick comes up just in case something bizarre happens.

Archived