Fans have arrived at the crossroads.

UnitedWhofans

They've talked the talk. Now they have to walk the walk. Can the Jets fanbase handle a full on rebuild? Woody, for the most part, is not going to be a major problem because he will be out of the pressure cooker. Even if he hears complaints, it's different than just being there.

So now it's down to the fans. Will they show the patience and temperament necessary for this, or will they balk?

People who have spoken and written about this rebuilt have mentioned one major factor against it: The market and fanbase. Francesa mentioned it. Darren Woodson mentioned it on First Take and Liechtenstein mentions it in this article.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/03/03/lichtenstein-jets-maccagnan-free-agency/?e=rfz5s9rxSALoMA

So it is time for the fanbase to put up or shut up.

BTW, along with that, it is up to Maccagnan to put up or shut up too. Stay with your plan and act accordingly

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A rebuild implies there's an end product. ie it's built. We as in the Jets, have suffered a lot over many decades of no success.

So of course, if there is an outcome that's positive Yes! 

We've been rolling out a poor product for a very long time. If any of us had any sence we would have jumped ship years ago, but we are all still here.

I just want some young, hard working likeable players I can root for. Not high payed ass hats like Mevis, Sheldon, and co.

It's is what it is, so bring on the draft, just don't pick a fooking corner. It's the NFL in 2017, score some points!

It really doesn't matter what the fans/media think, from the moves already made this team
is finally going to "stop patching the tires" and take the car to the garage.  And personally
I'm glad, it's frustrating to be a "yo-yo" team because certain core things are never fully
addressed (QB).  The worst thing that could've happened this year would've been to keep the
"big name" players, re-structure contracts to open up cap space and then go after Romo to make
another Favre type run like in 2008 

21 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not really. It's more of a challenge. The media doesn't think you can do it.  It's also a warning to Maccagnan too.

I'm sure if Macc is reading this board, he's definitely taking a special interest in your posts specifically. Good idea/thread. 

I said this in my own thread, but I'm not only ready to walk the walk, I'm excited about it... I think next years team is going to be better and more fun to watch! Even if they win 1 game, we're going to see a lot of young guys get a shot to prove themselves, see how much our last few draft classes grow, watch Leonard Williams take the leadership reigns, see if our young WRs can become household names, figure out if we have a QB, see if our OL can continue to improve...

It's almost pressureless at this point. I'm looking forward to us finding players that we really want to root for on a team that is much less toxic, dull, moody, and bored... 

Wins will be few and far between but we get to see which players want to step up and who really wants to be in the NFL, and if we have some players out there that can be new cornerstones. 

3 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I said this in my own thread, but I'm not only ready to walk the walk, I'm excited about it... I think next years team is going to be better and more fun to watch! Even if they win 1 game, we're going to see a lot of young guys get a shot to prove themselves, see how much our last few draft classes grow, watch Leonard Williams take the leadership reigns, see if our young WRs can become household names, figure out if we have a QB, see if our OL can continue to improve...

It's almost pressureless at this point. I'm looking forward to us finding players that we really want to root for on a team that is much less toxic, dull, moody, and bored... 

Wins will be few and far between but we get to see which players want to step up and who really wants to be in the NFL, and if we have some players out there that can be new cornerstones. 

This is how I feel too

Meh...  The fans that hung around when Kotite was HC, will hang around when Bowles is HC.  A good portion will lose interest, and find other things more exciting to do.   If the Jets start winning again in two years they'll be fans again  

I'm all for the rebuild and I know we aren't going to be a playoff team but I don't think we're gonna be awful this year. We lost a solid WR who was a locker room issue and a dropped pass machine(he was also good though not just bashing him for this post.Best we've had in a while), A center who's rapidly declining,A corner who robbed us. I know we obviously lost SOME talent but that talent was also holding us back as well if that makes any sense.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's one thing not to like it. It's another to buy billboard space and planes with banners.

Billboards and planes only work if the owner is dumb enough to listen to them. Jets fans are idiots but they're not the problem.

As long as there is progress on the field I will be happy. I'm not talking wins and losses either. I'm talking measurable progress where the team looks better in effort performance and discipline. They need to dump the quick fix and start from scratch. They need hungry young guys to grow together and build something. I know that sounds like a cliche and I have this written time and time again this off season but it doesn't make it less true. Throwing money at it doesn't work as has been proven. Its time to change the formula and go with something else.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They've talked the talk. Now they have to walk the walk. Can the Jets fanbase handle a full on rebuild? Woody, for the most part, is not going to be a major problem because he will be out of the pressure cooker. Even if he hears complaints, it's different than just being there.

So now it's down to the fans. Will they show the patience and temperament necessary for this, or will they balk?

People who have spoken and written about this rebuilt have mentioned one major factor against it: The market and fanbase. Francesa mentioned it. Darren Woodson mentioned it on First Take and Liechtenstein mentions it in this article.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/03/03/lichtenstein-jets-maccagnan-free-agency/?e=rfz5s9rxSALoMA

So it is time for the fanbase to put up or shut up.

BTW, along with that, it is up to Maccagnan to put up or shut up too. Stay with your plan and act accordingly

Where have you been the last 47 years? Did you just crawl out from under a rock? LOL 

Shut up you!!!!!!

These are hard times for us Jets fans. As we look into the "total rebuilding" abyss and realize there's nothing there staring back at us to offer hope  - except for Leonard Williams, there's no Franchise QB, no secondary, no OLine, no pass rush, no Place Kicker, a confounding coach, and a Nationally Exiled Owner to an isolated Island of grey British weather and yellow British teeth, etc.

YET it is THIS moment, RIGHT NOW as the veteran contracts blood is spilt, in which JETS FANS AND THE JETS find THEIR TRUE character and PROPERLY rebuild the organization; and that is what keeps us out of the REAL abyss: the Cleveland Browns, The Detroit Lions, the Pre-1996 Bucs, The Pre-2008 Chicago, St. Louis, Phoenix, ARZ cardinals. 

I'd gladly suffer through a couple of losing seasons while watching some promising young players develop. That would be light years better than last year - the arrow was pointing down last year, big time. Even two years ago, you had tge feleing that we were flat, trying to catch lightening in a bottle for a playoff run with an aging after playing a pretty soft schedule. Less wins with the arrow pointing up would be refreshing.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Meh...  The fans that hung around when Kotite was HC, will hang around when Bowles is HC.  A good portion will lose interest, and find other things more exciting to do.   If the Jets start winning again in two years they'll be fans again  

You never lose your fandom, you just stop paying attention.

There is no fun watching the Jets on Sunday when you know they are going to lose.  But instead of going to the game or sitting on the couch, you pick pumpkins with the kids.  Doesn't mean you're not a fan.  Just means your a disinterested one.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You never lose your fandom, you just stop paying attention.

There is no fun watching the Jets on Sunday when you know they are going to lose.  But instead of going to the game or sitting on the couch, you pick pumpkins with the kids.  Doesn't mean you're not a fan.  Just means your a disinterested one.

SAR I

I disagree 100%. I could never miss a Jets game. All my real life Jets fans friends are the same way.

Pumpkin picking when the Jets are on? Not even if they were 0 and 6.

23 minutes ago, isired said:

I'd gladly suffer through a couple of losing seasons while watching some promising young players develop.

Hear hear, that's what gets me motivated to go to a game.  Lose if you must, but give 100%.  I can't bear witness to selfish quitters.  But I can support youngsters really busting ass to build a career and deliver a Championship.

That 1-15 Kotite team was unwatchable in the big picture, but you saw how Wayne Chrebet, Ritchie Anderson, Marvin Jones, Victor Green, and Aaron Glenn played and that gave you a glimmer of hope for the future.

SAR I

Just now, Maxman said:

I disagree 100%. I could never miss a Jets game. All my real life Jets fans friends are the same way.

Pumpkin picking when the Jets are on? Not even if they were 0 and 6.

I've never missed watching a Jets game live or on TV since 1980, but I've got 4 kids and they have sacrificed a lot of dad-time so that I could spend 8 hours in East Rutherford for 20 years, it gets harder to balance the two forces as the kids get older and time goes by. 

As a PSL owner, I have the luxury of choosing which games I will attend, and having the AT&T unlimited dataplan and a Slingbox I can go pumpkin picking and watch the Jets at the same time on my iPad or my iPhone which I've done when necessary.  The Jets can have my money, but my time is more valuable and it's discretionary.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I've never missed watching a Jets game live or on TV since 1980, but I've got 4 kids and they have sacrificed a lot of dad-time so that I could spend 8 hours in East Rutherford for 20 years, it gets harder to balance the two forces as the kids get older and time goes by. 

As a PSL owner, I have the luxury of choosing which games I will attend, and having the AT&T unlimited dataplan and a Slingbox I can go pumpkin picking and watch the Jets at the same time on my iPad or my iPhone which I've done when necessary.  The Jets can have my money, but my time is more valuable and it's discretionary.

SAR I

That is cool that you are able to watch the game live from the pumpkin patch. I love technology.

Just now, Maxman said:

That is cool that you are able to watch the game live from the pumpkin patch. I love technology.

It's saved me from making some hard choices and hurting my kids feelings.

Two years ago, Jets vs. Cowboys, my son had an ice hockey playoff game, simply couldn't miss it but didn't want to miss the Saturday night Jets game.  Watched the hockey game with my left eye, watched the Jets game with my right eye, headphones keeping my ears warm, iPad saves the day.  The other parents laughed when I cheered out of sync with the hockey game, it was sort of fun.  In Hong Kong, I'm up from 1AM to 4AM watching Geno Smith screw up in Oakland, ruins the whole day and costs me a night of sleep, going to appointment the next day was brutal.  The Slingbox truly is the best Jets accessory, everyone should own one.

SAR I

Archived