Combine Day 2 - QBs, WRs, TEs

Sarge4Tide

Ross is a good player, but the worry is how long he lasts in the NFL.  He's built like a twig, and has injury problems.

the wr class might have some hidden diamonds all the way to the 5th round, but it's not super top heavy either.  There are a ton of wr2s, cb2s, slot receivers and the like in this draft.  

The jets are right to trade back.  The value is in the depth

Trubisky, Ross, and OJ Howard made themselves some serious money today, also think the WR from NC made himself some money.

Think Peterman, and Davis Webb solidified themselves as 3-4th round picks.

As a huge Mahomes fan was disappointed with his performance (thou I think he tried to hard to look off of the throw in every drill which hurt some of his throws, kinda like he was trying to do to much to impress), didn't think it was bad, but don't think it was a wow showing, luckily for him the interviews, and white board were more important for Mahomes then most.

Also a couple of these TE's are gonna be good NFL players hope the Jets get one that works out.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Trubisky, Ross, and OJ Howard made themselves some serious money today, also think the WR from NC made himself some money.

Think Peterman, and Davis Webb solidified themselves as 3-4th round picks.

As a huge Mahomes fan was disappointed with his performance (thou I think he tried to hard to look off of the throw in every drill which hurt some of his throws, kinda like he was trying to do to much to impress), didn't think it was bad, but don't think it was a wow showing, luckily for him the interviews, and white board were more important for Mahomes then most.

Also a couple of these TE's are gonna be good NFL players hope the Jets get one that works out.

OJ Howard

3-5 years from now all re-drafts are going to say that this was one of the top 5 best players in this draft 

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Penn State WR Chris Godwin's official forty time at the NFL Combine was 4.42.

Godwin had the kind of workout which elevates a prospect. Measuring in at 6-foot-1, 209-pounds, Godwin ran the second-fastest forty among the first receiver group and excelled in the on-field drills. He is no slouch on tape, either, as Matt Harmon of Reception Perception charted him with the best contested-catch rate among any receiver prospect he has evaluated in the last two years. Coming off a stellar combine, Godwin could start garnering first-round buzz.

Mar 4 - 12:15 PM

He wins more jump balls than I can remember a receiver making.

He, as well as Hack, was hurt by the PSU Donovan last year (2015 season). 

QBs:

Trubisky [+] (Probably solidified himself as top of the class.  I've been so against the idea of drafting a QB in the first...but if he's there and they believe he can be the guy then go get him.  The others??? Ehhhh.)

Kizer [-] (This honestly surprised me.  Easily my biggest disappointment of the entire combine.)

Watson [+] (Good day, nothing I didn't expect though.  My most polarizing QB.  The kid I fell in love with a couple of years ago was a first round QB.  After some more time...I just don't know what he is and I'm not sure I would gamble the first on him.)

Mahomes [-] (I'm just not seeing what everyone else sees with each passing day.  Shouldn't be drafted before the 5th/6th.)

This is also a great draft if you want a difference maker at  tight end.

I doubt we're in the market for a stud like howard. But I'd be more than happy with njoku, engram, Everett, shaheen, butt if they fall to us in the 2nd and later rounds. 

With a stud tight end, enunwa, Anderson, jalin, Smith and Peake I think our young QBs have a shot. 

Plus this wr draft is very deep so we can add some depth or even a stud early. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is also a great draft if you want a difference maker at  tight end.

I doubt we're in the market for a stud like howard. But I'd be more than happy with njoku, engram, Everett, shaheen, butt if they fall to us in the 2nd and later rounds. 

With a stud tight end, enunwa, Anderson, jalin, Smith and Peake I think our young QBs have a shot. 

Plus this wr draft is very deep so we can add some depth or even a stud early. 

i disagree about howard.   i could see them trading back and taking a TE, they could really use a big and fast TE to help out hackenberg.  this OC will probably look to feature a TE in the wco so i think this is a possibility.  or, they could take butt in the 2nd.

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i disagree about howard.   i could see them trading back and taking a TE, they could really use a big and fast TE to help out hackenberg.  this OC will probably look to feature a TE in the wco so i think this is a possibility.  or, they could take butt in the 2nd.

Every team could use a Howard at TE, but not every team can use an Engram at TE . What this Jet  team needs at  TE is a player like Josiah Price or George Little. players who can block at the LOS and get down the seam with the ability to catch passes .  Who ever is going to be the QB for the Jets is going to need a TE who can help the OL in Pass protection and a RB who can pick up blitzes .

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Penn State WR Chris Godwin's official forty time at the NFL Combine was 4.42.

Godwin had the kind of workout which elevates a prospect. Measuring in at 6-foot-1, 209-pounds, Godwin ran the second-fastest forty among the first receiver group and excelled in the on-field drills. He is no slouch on tape, either, as Matt Harmon of Reception Perception charted him with the best contested-catch rate among any receiver prospect he has evaluated in the last two years. Coming off a stellar combine, Godwin could start garnering first-round buzz.

Mar 4 - 12:15 PM

I'm a huge PSU fan and touted Allen Robinson a few years ago. Not as high on Goodwin. Don't get me wrong, I like him as a steal in the 2/3 rounds. But in the first, I'm not a huge fan. I just didn't see number 1 wr talent for most of his career. 

Guys like Williams, Davis, Ross and Zay Jones are way ahead of him in my mocks. He could slip in right behind them with guys like Samuels and juju.

I don't care what Cooper Kupp ran I'll take him.  Hopefully he falls a round or two and becomes available
to us in the 3-5 round range

The only way we should even look at a receiver this year is if we could get him for a steal. That is by far the strongest position we have going into our rebuild. Falling in love with a receiver this year is probably going to set you up for disappointment.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I actually thought Zay Jones looked like a pretty interesting prospect.  He's not going to be a day 1 number 1 wr, but he does everything pretty well.  Good hands, good feet, good size/strength, good speed, right attitude and a real willingness to get better.

I like the Tight Ends this year, the group looks great, really athletic and fast. Some value up to round 3 I'd say for an impact player.

The big story on the WR was the record 40 time, apart from that, the group looks ok. Williams being the only real number #1Big bodied receiver I'd actually draft.

14 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Howard looked great, Njoku stiff.

Howard definitely pulled ahead of him

OJ Howard absolutely killed it

Read the comments on Twitter.  Everyone is going nuts over this guy

By far the safest pick at 6 for us

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I like the Tight Ends this year, the group looks great, really athletic and fast. Some value up to round 3 I'd say for an impact player.

The big story on the WR was the record 40 time, apart from that, the group looks ok. Williams being the only real number #1Big bodied receiver I'd actually draft.

I don't know if Mike Williams falls to 6.  

12 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

The only way we should even look at a receiver this year is if we could get him for a steal. That is by far the strongest position we have going into our rebuild. Falling in love with a receiver this year is probably going to set you up for disappointment.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

We didn't just cut out best WR or nothing 

Archived