Combine Rumor: Jets to make big push for Glennon

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we were to sign Glennon, I would not make him the starter outright. WE could end up with a Seattle-Matt Flynn situation. If Glennon wins the job, we have our QB. If either Petty or Hackenberg win the job, we have a valuable trade chip.

This premise also comes into play with Tyrod Taylor.

2 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Careful it causes cancer.  See Michael Douglas.  Ironically also a Jets fan.  

Ask not what that puntang can do for you; ask what you can do for that puntang.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They are not required. They signed Matt Flynn to a big deal and found that a rookie QB outplayed him. Nothing to do with the front office

Literally everyone on the roster outplayed Ryan Fitzpatrick last season and Todd Bowles started him in Week 17.

Just now, sourceworx said:

If we tank in hopes of getting Darnold, you just know he'll blow out his knee in a bowl game, and never play a down of NFL football. 

Josh Rosen will probably be awful, but I'd take it at this point.

I wonder how many of you suck for Sam people are actually going to still want this guy next year...there will probably be another qb that comes out of the woodwork like every season and Sam's stock will probably fall. Glennon would be a good option if we had half a roster to play with but in reality we aren't going to win many games this season and probably next. We would be better off looking at cheaper young free agents at other positions of need that we could take a chance on while we get our salary cap under control and hopefully draft well.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Guys as funny as this is, let's try to stay on track here.

The Bears have a lot of cap room. I don't know much about Glennon personality wise. NY is attractive to some and makes others sick. Not sure where he falls on that spectrum.

Integrity posted this in another thread and I am hoping that the Jets are doing this because then it would show that they have a brain and not hoping for the QB savior model that so many fans seem to adhere to.

The suck for Luck scenario seems great until you realize that Luck as won nothing, is currently hampered by lingering injuries and may never get to let alone win a SB,  the far more prudent path is to keep building your team so that even an average top 15 QB can get you to and win a SB for you.  

By this method you keep the dice and control in your hands as much as is possible. For as many Payton Mannings there are there two dozen JaMarcus Russell's there.... 

Here's what's going to happen.  The Jets are going to suck badly and be in prime position to draft Darnold.  But the 49er's are going to suck just a fartskin more and get the #1 pick.  You have to know it's going to play out this way.

47 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They are not required. They signed Matt Flynn to a big deal and found that a rookie QB outplayed him. Nothing to do with the front office

Actually it does have a lot to do with the front office and coaching staff, they have to have the balls to start the rookie after spending a ton of money on a veteran.  Not everyone has the chops to do that.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That's what a reasonably person would do. In order to predict what the Jets will do, start with the following:

1. Blast Krylon chrome into a paper bag for thirty seconds.

2. Place opening of that bag over your nose and mouth for twenty seconds, taking two deep breaths in that time.

3. Think about how much your father resented your conception because it ruined his shot at being the bassist for Deep Purple.

4. Think about the first woman to break your heart, then recite the names of the two men she ended up marrying and divorcing immediately after dumping you, and consider what they had that you didn't. (Hint: money and willingness to perform cunnilingus).

5. Do two shots of peppermint Schnapps.

6. Watch a few highlights of Kellen Clemens' college career.

7. Go up to your wife and tell her this, verbatim: "I know what you're up to and it makes me f*cking sick," while holding up a bottle of her perfume. Over-analyze her immediate reaction.

8. Have a good cry.

9. Consider the literacy rates of red states.

10. Stare really hard into the mirror and realize that your societal value will never, ever reach the level of no-account Rivers Cuomo's.

Thank You for once again staring down from your lofty perch to grace us with your Bovine Scatology. Of course your vast intellect can solve all of our problems so a little thing like vaulting this team back into contention should be simple. A little insight goes a long way. Perhaps that's why intellectuals such as yourself never really do anything but run off at the mouth to prove to all of us inferior slobs just how intelligent you are.  Live long and prosper you Narcissistic little pleb. The following is a topic I think you know quite well. Seek help.

Apparently  the Bears are the favorites, as per what most people tell Tony Pauline ... damn this off season has more drama than last year's regular season. Will Revis and Marshall reunite in New England ? The trifecta, is that we draft some kid who wasn't considered injury prone in college but happened to have major surgery last season.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Thank You for once again staring down from your lofty perch to grace us with your Bovine Scatology. Of course your vast intellect can solve all of our problems so a little thing like vaulting this team back into contention should be simple. A little insight goes a long way. Perhaps that's why intellectuals such as yourself never really do anything but run off at the mouth to prove to all of us inferior slobs just how intelligent you are.  Live long and prosper you Narcissistic little pleb. The following is a topic I think you know quite well. Seek help.

LOL this is artwork, my friend. 

I really think Garapolo's fate could be a big part of how the QB drama shakes out this off-season. I have heard rumblings about Cleveland but not much else. If The Browns trade the 12th pick tp the Patriots for Garapolo then the dominos will start to fall. Romo is rumored to be going to The Texans and it does make sense as you put a decent QB with that team and they are instant Super Bowl contenders on paper. A lot plays into that including Romos health etc. The wild card in my opinion is San Fran. There was talk of a 3 team deal with Dallas and the Redskins but that never had much traction and really never got off the ground. If Counsins is traded to the Niners(I highly doubt this but anything can happen) then the Redskins come into play for whats left on the FA market and the draft. Would the Niners trade their first round pick for Counsins? That is the big question here. The Skins could jump into the market for Glennon and draft a stud at WR or RB and maybe not miss a beat if they acquired the Niners pick. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I for one feel the Jets could be on the outside looking in when it comes to the QB market in FA. Based on the number of holes on this team other teams are going to look more attractive to potential FA QB's then the Jets will. One can only speculate here as I have done but it will make for an interesting couple of weeks coming up.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

LOL this is artwork, my friend. 

LOL. Not frame worthy?

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

Here's what's going to happen.  The Jets are going to suck badly and be in prime position to draft Darnold.  But the 49er's are going to suck just a fartskin more and get the #1 pick.  You have to know it's going to play out this way.

Haha, what the hell is a fartskin? 

2 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

Exactly why I do not understand half the posters on this board wanting to plan the entire 2017 season around the 2018 draft.

Agreed. He has franchise QB upside. Worst case he is terrible and we still have a shot at Sam. 

wrong ... worse case scenario he is average we go 6-10 and get a no 8 pick when darnold could have been ours and we stay mediocre for 15 more years.

Can someone please for the love of god explain this obsession with glennon?!!! I feel like im taking crazy pills. What has he done? Sure theres a CHANCE he may be good but the obsession that we may get him is insane. If we overpay for mike glennon all while we drafted hakenberg 2nd round all while note even having 1 snap, i may lose my mind. Why cant this organization jus do it right once...draft qbs till u get one. Stop taking other teams throw aways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, jetsfan719 said:

Can someone please for the love of god explain this obsession with glennon?!!! I feel like im taking crazy pills. What has he done? Sure theres a CHANCE he may be good but the obsession that we may get him is insane. If we overpay for mike glennon all while we drafted hakenberg 2nd round all while note even having 1 snap, i may lose my mind. Why cant this organization jus do it right once...draft qbs till u get one. Stop taking other teams throw aways

I don't think there's an obsession. It's more of a curiosity. With some QBs, you just know they're bad or good. Glennon has shown flashes and never really got a fair chance because the bucs had a chance to draft Winston.

If you don't get him who is starting next year? Old guys like Cutler and Romo? Middling guys like tyrod Taylor? A rookie or one of our question marks?

8 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I wonder how many of you suck for Sam people are actually going to still want this guy next year...there will probably be another qb that comes out of the woodwork like every season and Sam's stock will probably fall. Glennon would be a good option if we had half a roster to play with but in reality we aren't going to win many games this season and probably next. We would be better off looking at cheaper young free agents at other positions of need that we could take a chance on while we get our salary cap under control and hopefully draft well.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The Jets fan next "Connor Cook". I remember a year before him coming out many jets fans were certain he was our next franchise qb. One year later you barely heard about Cook during the draft process. Dude went from being a possible 1st round cornerstone pick in the eyes of many to a fourth round pick with 6 other QB's drafted ahead of him. 

As a side note, he's in a great position to sit in the background and learn how to be a franchise qb. Could be the next Kirk cousins if he plays his cards right. 

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Integrity posted this in another thread and I am hoping that the Jets are doing this because then it would show that they have a brain and not hoping for the QB savior model that so many fans seem to adhere to.

The suck for Luck scenario seems great until you realize that Luck as won nothing, is currently hampered by lingering injuries and may never get to let alone win a SB,  the far more prudent path is to keep building your team so that even an average top 15 QB can get you to and win a SB for you.  

By this method you keep the dice and control in your hands as much as is possible. For as many Payton Mannings there are there two dozen JaMarcus Russell's there.... 

No way in the world @Integrity28 said something this thought-provoking.  

I dont believe you Charlie. 

Obsession? How about wanting competence at the QB position. That's all. If not Glennon, who do you want for next year? The Bucs just offered to make him the highest paid backup in the NFL. Why do you think they did that ? To throw him away? The Steelers also want the throwaway .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived