We're trading for Chase Daniel?

JetFanatic

There's a rotoworld blurb linking the Jets to Daniels.

NJ Advance Media's Connor Hughes believes Chase Daniel would be the "best possible option" for the Jets.

The Eagles have made Daniel available for trade with his $7 million salary hefty for a backup, and the Jets are looking for a veteran bridge quarterback as they embark on a rebuild. Daniel has experience in West Coast systems, and new OC John Morton figures to bring one to New York. Both Morton and Daniel cut their teeth under Sean Payton with the Saints.

I'm not sure what the price tag would be on a trade, but I wouldn't be against this. At $7M he's a affordable option, and would create a true QB competition this summer.

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

There's a rotoworld blurb linking the Jets to Daniels.

NJ Advance Media's Connor Hughes believes Chase Daniel would be the "best possible option" for the Jets.

The Eagles have made Daniel available for trade with his $7 million salary hefty for a backup, and the Jets are looking for a veteran bridge quarterback as they embark on a rebuild. Daniel has experience in West Coast systems, and new OC John Morton figures to bring one to New York. Both Morton and Daniel cut their teeth under Sean Payton with the Saints.

I'm not sure what the price tag would be on a trade, but I wouldn't be against this. At $7M he's a affordable option, and would create a true QB competition this summer.

This.  And they won't be blowing their load on some unknown like Glennon.  Use the cap elsewhere.

1 minute ago, pointman said:

I feel like this is code for something I am not privy to. So i'll just nod in agreement.

03a7b12c7c38357da33035fe54cd67c4.gif

Richardson straight up for a journeyman QB making $7 mil would make me abandon NFL football and start rooting for soccer, which blows.

12 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

From Eliot Crist.  He's pretty legit on Twitter.

Listen asshat, if you don't have a legitimate source do not post this kind of weak, speculative crap as though it is fact.  In fact, don't friggin' post at all. I spit up perfectly good IPA because of you.

Just now, Il Mostro said:

Listen asshat, if you don't have a legitimate source do not post this kind of weak, speculative crap as though it is fact.  In fact, don't friggin' post at all.

In all honesty I saw it on Twitter, got scared, and immediately ran to the computer to post it.  Didn't even think about it.

If they were to trade for him that tells me that Mac still sees Hack as the future.  A long term contract to Glennon or Taylor would tell me that he doesn't feel good about Hack.  I'm guessing either McCown or Hoyer will be the one signed.

10 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

In all honesty I saw it on Twitter, got scared, and immediately ran to the computer to post it.  Didn't even think about it.

It's a fun rumor. A question mark in the thread title would have been helpful. Lol

I don't fully understand going after chase daniel.. he's thrown one touchdown and one interception for his career..  and that's 8 seasons of football.

If the Jets do go after him I'm..guessing Petty is gone? Or Chase competes with Petty/Hack for the #1 spot and that's your 3 Quarterbacks?  It would for sure force Todd Bowles to play Petty/Hack over an older experienced veteran like Cutler but man..  I think Petty has almost as much experience game time as Chase Daniel..

Crazy... 

35 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Listen asshat, if you don't have a legitimate source do not post this kind of weak, speculative crap as though it is fact.  In fact, don't friggin' post at all. I spit up perfectly good IPA because of you.

That IPA got what it deserved. 

11 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

The kid is like 20 years old and his credentials aren't to impressive. I hope you are wrong. No offense.

I hope its true.  Let the three battle it out and if they all suck we'll land a top qb in next years draft

Archived