We're trading for Chase Daniel?

JetFanatic

NJ Advance Media's Connor Hughes believes Chase Daniel would be the "best possible option" for the Jets.

The Eagles have made Daniel available for trade with his $7 million salary hefty for a backup, and the Jets are looking for a veteran bridge quarterback as they embark on a rebuild. Daniel has experience in West Coast systems, and new OC John Morton figures to bring one to New York. Both Morton and Daniel cut their teeth under Sean Payton with the Saints.

i wouldn't trade sheldon for this guy.  he's got less experience than garaffalo.  he's also only 6-0.

Passing

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2010 24 NOR   10 13 0   2 3 66.7 16 0 0.0 0 0.0 9 5.3 5.3 8.0 1.2 79.9 0.9 1 10 1.50 1.50 25.0     0
2011 25 NOR   10 16 0   4 5 80.0 29 0 0.0 0 0.0 14 5.8 5.8 7.3 1.8 90.8 33.9 0 0 5.80 5.80 0.0     0
2012 26 NOR   10 16 0   1 1 100.0 10 0 0.0 0 0.0 10 10.0 10.0 10.0 0.6 108.3 100 0 0 10.00 10.00 0.0     0
2013 27 KAN qb 10 5 1 0-1-0 25 38 65.8 248 1 2.6 1 2.6 48 6.5 5.9 9.9 49.6 81.9 72.2 2 11 5.93 5.30 5.0     1
2014 28 KAN qb 10 3 1 1-0-0 16 28 57.1 157 0 0.0 0 0.0 30 5.6 5.6 9.8 52.3 73.1 26.6 4 17 4.38 4.38 12.5     1
2015 29 KAN   10 2 0   2 2 100.0 4 0 0.0 0 0.0 6 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 79.2 93.2 0 0 2.00 2.00 0.0     0
2016 30 PHI   10 2 0   1 1 100.0 16 0 0.0 0 0.0 16 16.0 16.0 16.0 8.0 118.7 99.6 0 0 16.00 16.00 0.0     0
Career       57 2 1-1-0 51 78 65.4 480 1 1.3 1 1.3 48 6.2 5.8 9.4 8.4 81.1   7 38 5.20 4.91 8.2     2
3 yrs KAN     10 2 1-1-0 43 68 63.2 409 1 1.5 1 1.5 48 6.0 5.6 9.5 40.9 78.6   6 28 5.15 4.81 8.1     2
3 yrs NOR     45 0   7 9 77.8 55 0 0.0 0 0.0 14 6.1 6.1 7.9 1.2 92.1   1 10 4.50 4.50 10.0     0
1 yr PHI     2 0   1 1 100.0 16 0 0.0 0 0.0 16 16.0 16.0 16.0 8.0 118.7   0 0 16.00 16.00 0.0     0

3 hours ago, shuler82 said:

There's a rotoworld blurb linking the Jets to Daniels.

NJ Advance Media's Connor Hughes believes Chase Daniel would be the "best possible option" for the Jets.

The Eagles have made Daniel available for trade with his $7 million salary hefty for a backup, and the Jets are looking for a veteran bridge quarterback as they embark on a rebuild. Daniel has experience in West Coast systems, and new OC John Morton figures to bring one to New York. Both Morton and Daniel cut their teeth under Sean Payton with the Saints.

I'm not sure what the price tag would be on a trade, but I wouldn't be against this. At $7M he's a affordable option, and would create a true QB competition this summer.

Read what it says everyone. Connor Hughes is not Jets GM. It is nothing but supposition from a reporter and no one is saying this will happen.

I don't see this happening. But if it did I think this depth chart would look like this:

1. Glennon \ Taylor

2. Daniel

3. Hackenberg \ Petty

If you are trading for Daniel and there is a 3 way competition at QB between Hack, Petty and Daniel, then I am going to have a hard time writing a check to the Jets for my tickets this year.

Is he $7m or is he a minimum of $7m? I recall from when Philadelphia first signed him, he could make a good amount more than that.

Besides, Philadelphia should be coughing up more than that to take him off their hands. No way they actually want to pay Chase Daniel $7m to back up Wentz. For them, with a starter locked in place, they're better off paying a Hoyer-type $2-3m and use the balance towards another position (or just forward it to 2018). 

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't see this happening. But if it did I think this depth chart would look like this:

1. Glennon \ Taylor

2. Daniel

3. Hackenberg \ Petty

If you are trading for Daniel and there is a 3 way competition at QB between Hack, Petty and Daniel, then I am going to have a hard time writing a check to the Jets for my tickets this year.

There is no way the Jets can dump around $22M on the QB per season with that kind of return.  If it's Glennon and Chase then we are paying Luck money for 2 back ups.  Woody should just fire him right now.

7 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

The kid is like 20 years old and his credentials aren't to impressive. I hope you are wrong. No offense.

Jets fans are funny, they would rather have a QB they know is NOooooo Good rather than a guy who maybe good in Glennon, and then they will complain for the next two years that we don't have any good QBs.  

Rinse and Repeat...

The Jets have to have competent QB play so as not to waste and distort our other young skill players.Taking players you know aren't good enough to win will guarantee the Jets will be mediocre for the next 5 years or more.

Think just how damaging last year was by retaining Fitz!  

Some can pretend that Fitz was the only answer, but he wasn't.  By retaining Fitz and keeping Geno whom they had zero faith in as evidenced by Bowles unwillingness to put in Smith in early meaningful games, meant that we carried four QBs, one of whom in Hack, didn't get any real practice reps because of this backlog, now it leaves us in this sick place that we are currently in.

And it all started, the mismanagement and the poor coaching when the Jets boxed themselves into a historically average QB and then paid the price for the teams implosion.

Now we have had to cut scores of players who no longer can fit and have to tear the entire team down and start from scratch. Below average play from the QB position in today's NFL is deadly for a team.

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

No....

#1-Glennon

#2-Tyrod

#3-Petty/Hack/Barkley,Hoyer or some other cheap vet

Tbh we need to sign Glennon and draft a Qb at least in the middle rounds like Evans

Petty and Hack are not the answer

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

1. Glennon \ Taylor

2. Daniel

3. Hackenberg \ Petty

Lol, that would be classic stupid Jets. If they did that, I would be tempted to not watch. Nothing possible other than re-signing Fitzloser would be as dumb as that list of losers and the Jets signing them

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Jets fans are funny, they would rather have a QB they know is NOooooo Good rather than a guy who maybe good in Glennon, and then they will complain for the next two years that we don't have any good QBs.  

Rinse and Repeat...

The Jets have to have competent QB play so as not to waste and distort our other young skill players.Taking players you know aren't good enough to win will guarantee the Jets will be mediocre for the next 5 years or more.

Think just how damaging last year was by retaining Fitz!  

Some can pretend that Fitz was the only answer, but he wasn't.  By retaining Fitz and keeping Geno whom they had zero faith in as evidenced by Bowles unwillingness to put in Smith in early meaningful games, meant that we carried four QBs, one of whom in Hack, didn't get any real practice reps because of this backlog, now it leaves us in this sick place that we are currently in.

And it all started, the mismanagement and the poor coaching when the Jets boxed themselves into a historically average QB and then paid the price for the teams implosion.

Now we have had to cut scores of players who no longer can fit and have to tear the entire team down and start from scratch. Below average play from the QB position in today's NFL is deadly for a team.

Except your argument works exactly as well for Hack

Where? It's been a rumor all day

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/3/9/14868636/nfl-trade-rumors-jets-aj-mccarron-deal-sheldon-richardson

NFL Trade Rumors: Jets eying AJ McCarron, may deal Sheldon Richardson - Cincy Jungle

By Jason Marcum March 9, 2017 10:48 am

With NFL free agency now open, many teams are still searching for their next starting quarterback.

The Jets figure to be among them after letting Ryan Fitzpatrick go this offseason. All the Jets have now is Bryce Petty who has shown nothing to make New York believe he’s ready to be anything more than a decent backup in the NFL.

Even though the Jets spent a second-round pick on Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg last year, all indications are he’s a mess with little-to-no starting potential.

That’s why the Jets are a team to watch for in the AJ McCarron sweepstakes. According to David Wyatt of Gang Green Nation, the Jets are not only interested in McCarron, but could be working on a trade that involves Sheldon Richardson landing with the Bengals.

Wyatt also spoke with an NFL scout that said the Jets are interested in McCarron. That’s expected since New York is likely interested in most quarterbacks that are either free agents or trade bait, but McCarron is quickly rising to the top of their big board.

Mike Glennon is likely signing with the Bears. Jimmy Garoppolo may or may not be traded, but it’s unlikely the Patriots deal him to a division rival. Tony Romo is likely signing with the Texans or Broncos. The Bills are keeping Tyrod Taylor, so he won’t be on the market for New York to pursue.

After them, McCarron is easily the best guy for the Jets to go after. It probably would cost them their second-round pick, the 39th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. However, it sounds like they want to unload Richardson, who has just one year left on his rookie deal after being the 13th overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft.

But the Jets have Muhammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams under contract beyond 2017 along their 3-4 defensive line. Richardson actually played some linebacker this past season, a role he did alright in, but he’s a defensive lineman in a defense that is stacked there.

That’s why a team like the Bengals would probably love to have him, especially with Domata Peko hitting free agency and Andrew Billings missing all of his rookie season with a knee injury.

If this deal were to go down, it likely wouldn’t be much more than McCarron for Richardson straight up. Richardson has as much trade value as McCarron, if not more, but because McCarron could be a restricted free agent next year, he may have slightly more value.

You are forgiven . Honest mistake . Now I will go and cry again .

NFL Trade Rumors: Jets eying AJ McCarron, may deal Sheldon Richardson - Cincy Jungle

By Jason Marcum March 9, 2017 10:48 am
With NFL free agency now open, many teams are still searching for their next starting quarterback.

The Jets figure to be among them after letting Ryan Fitzpatrick go this offseason. All the Jets have now is Bryce Petty who has shown nothing to make New York believe he’s ready to be anything more than a decent backup in the NFL.

Even though the Jets spent a second-round pick on Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg last year, all indications are he’s a mess with little-to-no starting potential.

That’s why the Jets are a team to watch for in the AJ McCarron sweepstakes. According to David Wyatt of Gang Green Nation, the Jets are not only interested in McCarron, but could be working on a trade that involves Sheldon Richardson landing with the Bengals.

Wyatt also spoke with an NFL scout that said the Jets are interested in McCarron. That’s expected since New York is likely interested in most quarterbacks that are either free agents or trade bait, but McCarron is quickly rising to the top of their big board.

Mike Glennon is likely signing with the Bears. Jimmy Garoppolo may or may not be traded, but it’s unlikely the Patriots deal him to a division rival. Tony Romo is likely signing with the Texans or Broncos. The Bills are keeping Tyrod Taylor, so he won’t be on the market for New York to pursue.

After them, McCarron is easily the best guy for the Jets to go after. It probably would cost them their second-round pick, the 39th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. However, it sounds like they want to unload Richardson, who has just one year left on his rookie deal after being the 13th overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft.

But the Jets have Muhammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams under contract beyond 2017 along their 3-4 defensive line. Richardson actually played some linebacker this past season, a role he did alright in, but he’s a defensive lineman in a defense that is stacked there.

That’s why a team like the Bengals would probably love to have him, especially with Domata Peko hitting free agency and Andrew Billings missing all of his rookie season with a knee injury.

If this deal were to go down, it likely wouldn’t be much more than McCarron for Richardson straight up. Richardson has as much trade value as McCarron, if not more, but because McCarron could be a restricted free agent next year, he may have slightly more value.

Archived