Alabama DE Jonathan Allen @ #6?

Sarge4Tide

Jonathan Allen?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. If Alabama DE Jonathan Allen slips to the Jets at #6 in this year's NFL Draft, I will be.......

• Praying the Jets draft him - TREMENDOUS CHOICE
    • Somewhat Happy if the Jets draft him, not thrilled, but somewhat happy
    • Neutral / On the Fence - there are pros and cons to drafting him at #6
    • Somewhat Unhappy if the Jets draft him, not suicidal, but somewhat unhappy
    • Praying the Jets DO NOT draft him - HORRIBLE CHOICE

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

arthritic shoulders, he's a reach at 6 now 

Alabama defenders get chewed up. Rueben Foster is also hurt. Remember Dee Milliner's surprise surgery? 

He played against my son in high school. They did a couple put camps together. Was just so much bigger than everyone else. Like a grown man playing high school football. Would not be happy with that pick  at 6. 

When Leonard Williams fell to us, it was a no brainer selection. I am not as high on Allen and there will be other super talented options on the board at 6 so he's a pass for me. While OP has him down as a DE, he isn't an edge rusher, he is more of Mo Wilkerson, set the edge type of DE. 

it kind of depends who else might be available at 6.  this could be another bpa choice.  mac may try to use him to light a fire under wilk. they really can't do much with him this season but in 2018 his cap hit would be 20M with 9 M in dead money if he were cut.  if they draft allen, they'll have him for 5 seasons and if richardson is traded then they will still have an exceptional dline.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Only if he promises to put on 30-40 lbs. Then after his rookie year is over we can escape the shrewdly-constructed Mo contract. 

"the fact that Macc left an escape clause after 2 years shows that he is a genious"

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Pin the Tail On the I'm So ******* Bored I'm Just Gonna Come Up Some Random sh*t Because I Can Then Ask You What You Think. 

Bucky Brooks had us taking him in his latest mock draft.

1 minute ago, bobbyvjets said:

Absolutely 100% NO. We don't need another DL. No on the big RB from LSU either he's a bust mark it down.

Fournette is AP 2.0 and you can mark that down. His vision is above average. He's not only a brusier but he plays with finesse..clearly a rare talent who can do it all. His senior year he improved catching out of the backfield. If we stay put at #6 and Leonard is there...you pick him and never look back.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Fournette is AP 2.0 and you can mark that down. His vision is above average. He's not only a brusier but he plays with finesse..clearly a rare talent who can do it all. His senior year he improved catching out of the backfield. If we stay put at #6 and Leonard is there...you pick him and never look back.

Agree w you on his talent. Not sure the intangibles and heart thing is there. He screams me first and will be a nightmare contractually and with injuries. I dunno.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

He only excelled against inferior competition. Whenever he went against a good sound defense he got shut down. Watch the Alabama highlights, that will be every week in the NFL . Low character also, who shows up fat at the biggest interview of their lives THE COMBINE. He's not even the best RB in this draft. 

Archived