Bucs offered deal to make Mike Glennon highest-paid backup

Gas2No99

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Nonsense. He had plenty of reps in TC because Fitz didn't get signed until almost August. Then once the season started, he got all of Petty's reps while Petty was inactive for most of the first 2 months. You make it sound like he was just standing around doing nothing while everyone else was practicing. 

There was no less pre-draft "observation" that Prescott needed some 2-3 years of clipboard holding. Same with Mariota. Many said Wentz needed a good year to stand on the sideline. Same with many others. Turns out our pick was benched behind 3 bad QBs because he looked worse than all 3 of them. 

fitz was there at the start of camp, he missed what, a day or two?  hack barely had any reps in camp, the beat writers usually tweeted the rep allocation and sometimes hack didn't get any in.  

the draft rap on hack was that it would be wise not to play him, regardless of which team drafted him.  i tell you if the patriots drafted hackenberg and traded garappolo bellichick would be hailed as a genius.  they'd all say that belichick conferred with o'brien and hack needs a few years to learn the system.  the jets did the right thing, they have a gm who actually understands football, and so many are blasting him for not playing hack.

you can blast mccags for drafting him, for using a 2nd rounder on him, but sitting him the entire season was smart.  given his inexperience and the fact that ALL THREE OTHER QBS GOT HURT BECAUSE THE OFFENSIVE LINE STINKS, they saved hack last season.  

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

you can blast mccags for drafting him, for using a 2nd rounder on him, but sitting him the entire season was smart.  given his inexperience and the fact that ALL THREE OTHER QBS GOT HURT BECAUSE THE OFFENSIVE LINE STINKS, they saved hack last season.  

+1

I DO BELIEVE that the Jets wanted Hack's body to recover from the beating he took at PSU while also acclimating to the Pro game. As the season progressed and the OLine became ALL the MORE DEPLETED, it would be SUICIDE to send that kid out there. Petty was already the sacrificial lamb after Eugene's inability to throw away the ball got himself IRed. 

Some people choose to believe everything the media spews at them. It's ridiculous... So many sheep. I choose to wait and see with my eyes.  Has he played yet, no... Is it normal to have a QB red shirt a year, YES. Everything else in-between is filler. As when I started this... You can CHOOSE to look at the negative. Or you can CHOOSE to wait and see and have more positive outlook...  

For 35 years I have watched and heard people bitch about the Jets and management and how awful the team is run. I agree it has not been easy to watch. If you don't enjoy watching then don't watch.  To call people a bust before they ever play is dooming them to fail before they start.

In the end, you can choose to let that negativity linger from year to year or you can choose to be optimistic. I choose the later. Not that I don't care, but I haven't seen anything from these players yet. They obviously had enough potential to be drafted and with the right coaching could be great players.

17 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

+1

I DO BELIEVE that the Jets wanted Hack's body to recover from the beating he took at PSU while also acclimating to the Pro game. As the season progressed and the OLine became ALL the MORE DEPLETED, it would be SUICIDE to send that kid out there. Petty was already the sacrificial lamb after Eugene's inability to throw away the ball got himself IRed. 

I agree and I also think that he was more raw then they originally thought. With in entire offseason to train and prepare it will be interesting to see how he plays. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, he didn't play while on a team that had its starter benched 3 times with the 2nd and 3rd string both sidelined due to injury as well. 

He couldn't even get on the field during the last game of, by that time, a meaningless season. A 2nd round pick who's "mechanic's" are so bad he can't get a start over arguably the worst starting qb in the league. 

That's not being blown out if proportion, especially when 6 QB's drafted after Hackenberg saw gametime.

When it comes to Hackenberg the Jets as an organization made it VERY CLEAR they were not going to play him in any capacity last year shortly after they drafted him. Stupid ass Gailey also made it clear he was taking little to no practice reps with the team. Knowing that and it coming straight from the horses mouth why do people feel the need to blame this on Hackenberg ? Or claim that Hackenberg sucks ? Would it not have been dreadfully stupid and unfair to the kid if the Jets threw him too the wolves while being totally unprepared to play in any capacity ? 

With all that being said THIS is the year Hack will be evaluated he will show what he is capable of to the new Offensive coordinator and we will move forward from that. If the Jets spend time preparing the kid properly and he can't contribute in any way then its time to pass judgement on him.

When it comes to those other 6 QB's you mention they were ALL prepared in some way to play and were not on teams carrying 4 QB's being the 4th and getting no playing time and barely any practice time within the offense.

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Some people choose to believe everything the media spews at them. It's ridiculous... So many sheep. I choose to wait and see with my eyes.  Has he played yet, no... Is it normal to have a QB red shirt a year, YES. Everything else in-between is filler. As when I started this... You can CHOOSE to look at the negative. Or you can CHOOSE to wait and see and have more positive outlook...  

For 35 years I have watched and heard people bitch about the Jets and management and how awful the team is run. I agree it has not been easy to watch. If you don't enjoy watching then don't watch.  To call people a bust before they ever play is dooming them to fail before they start.

In the end, you can choose to let that negativity linger from year to year or you can choose to be optimistic. I choose the later. Not that I don't care, but I haven't seen anything from these players yet. They obviously had enough potential to be drafted and with the right coaching could be great players.

So you choose to believe your intuition instead of direct quotes, and responses to direct questions, from the mouths of both the GM and HC.

You're welcome to do so, I suppose. Doesn't carry much weight, but you're welcome to do so. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

When it comes to Hackenberg the Jets as an organization made it VERY CLEAR they were not going to play him in any capacity last year shortly after they drafted him. Stupid ass Gailey also made it clear he was taking little to no practice reps with the team. Knowing that and it coming straight from the horses mouth why do people feel the need to blame this on Hackenberg ? Or claim that Hackenberg sucks ? Would it not have been dreadfully stupid and unfair to the kid if the Jets threw him too the wolves while being totally unprepared to play in any capacity ? 

With all that being said THIS is the year Hack will be evaluated he will show what he is capable of to the new Offensive coordinator and we will move forward from that. If the Jets spend time preparing the kid properly and he can't contribute in any way then its time to pass judgement on him.

When it comes to those other 6 QB's you mention they were ALL prepared in some way to play and were not on teams carrying 4 QB's being the 4th and getting no playing time and barely any practice time within the offense.

Nope. This is a myth. They never said this, it never happened, and if anything they hinted just the opposite as far as giving him a chance to play this year...that is, until they actually saw him practice with the team.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

That's why they fired his tired old ass.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

They fired six coaches, not just him. Gailey and Patullo were fired because they put in zero time with the two young QB's that were drafted.

Oh that's right you were across the desk from Gailey and standing next to him on the field at Florham Park

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Nope. This is a myth. They never said this, it never happened, and if anything they hinted just the opposite as far as giving him a chance to play this year...that is, until they actually saw him practice with the team.

Sperm thats all I ever heard was that Hack was going to sit and Gailey himself said they were not even going to work with him much on his mechanics not sure how that was a myth unless you have some inside info 

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So you choose to believe your intuition instead of direct quotes, and responses to direct questions, from the mouths of both the GM and HC.

You're welcome to do so, I suppose. Doesn't carry much weight, but you're welcome to do so. 

At no point did a coach say that Hackenberg is a lost cause or a bust or cannot play.  Sure there was an anonymous source that was disgruntled and was fired. 

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Sperm thats all I ever heard was that Hack was going to sit and Gailey himself said they were not even going to work with him much on his mechanics not sure how that was a myth unless you have some inside info 

Exactly

17 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Um, if you aren't optimistic about a player despite so much stacked against him, then you are in need of professional, psychological help.

In case you don't know anyone, I can get you the name of someone right near you. Derek Mellon, or anyway his name sounds something like that.

I've met the guy.  Just kept talking about symbolic penises.

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Stupid ass Gailey also made it clear he was taking little to no practice reps with the team........

With all that being said THIS is the year Hack will be evaluated he will show what he is capable of to the new Offensive coordinator and we will move forward from that.

14 hours ago, section314 said:

That's why they fired his tired old ass.

14 hours ago, thadude said:

No they fired Gailey to make him scapegoat for the coaching staff Sh-tting the bed

13 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

His playcalling sucked dick last year. Period

I'm just curious... How many OC's do the Jets need to fire and replace before people stop thinking it's the OC's fault?

Paul Hackett --> Mike Heimerdinger --> Brian Schottenheimer --> Tony Sparano --> Marty Mornhinweg --> Chan Gailey

For the past 15 years, Jets fans been complaining about the OC, and it never gets any better.  Maybe, just maybe, having awful QBs and rarely investing in offense plays a role here?

In that same time period, we had 18 1st round picks... Only 5 of them were used on offense: Santana Moss, D'Brick, Mangold, Keller, Sanchez.

Mark Sanchez was drafted in 2009, he was the last 1st round pick we used on offense, and he sucked.  As did Keller.  The last time we made a positive investment in offense in the 1st round, it was 11 years ago, and they were not skill position players.  The last time we drafted a "Weappppinzzzzz" in the first round was Santana Moss.

Yes, talent can and is found outside the first round and blah blah blah, but maybe it's time to stop blaming the OC, when we aggressively neglect offense as a rule?  So, again, how many OC's until people learn?

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

I'm just curious... How many OC's do the Jets need to fire and replace before people stop thinking it's the OC's fault?

Paul Hackett --> Mike Heimerdinger --> Brian Schottenheimer --> Tony Sparano --> Marty Mornhinweg --> Chan Gailey

For the past 15 years, Jets fans been complaining about the OC, and it never gets any better.  Maybe, just maybe, having awful QBs and rarely investing in offense plays a role here?

In that same time period, we had 18 1st round picks... Only 5 of them were used on offense: Santana Moss, D'Brick, Mangold, Keller, Sanchez.

Mark Sanchez was drafted in 2009, he was the last 1st round pick we used on offense, and he sucked.  As did Keller.  The last time we made a positive investment in offense in the 1st round, it was 11 years ago, and they were not skill position players.  The last time we drafted a "Weappppinzzzzz" in the first round was Santana Moss.

Yes, talent can and is found outside the first round and blah blah blah, but maybe it's time to stop blaming the OC, when we aggressively neglect offense as a rule?  So, again, how many OC's until people learn?

I agree with you EY it is the QB as well, so a combination of both. How many of those guys have been successful elsewhere ? Gailey ? And most of his stints have been short lived. Lets face it we have not been lighting up the coaching tree either and I feel good coaching is just as important as good players. Look at the transformation here when Parcells took over and turned around a team that stunk for a decade with virtually the same players he took over the team with other than a few older vets he brought in . He also turned Vinny's interception laden career around in record time.

7 hours ago, gEYno said:

Most of those OCs actually were pretty bad

Gailey is being made the fall guy for Bowles, Petty and Hack all bring retarder 

Archived