Jalin Marshall faces 4 Game Suspension

Scoop24

The Daily News has learned that Jets wide receiver Jalin Marshall will be suspended for the first four games of the 2017 season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs. Marshall tested positive for Adderall, according to sources.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-wr-jalin-marshall-facing-ban-violating-nfl-drug-policy-article-1.2990561

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh this may be a positive actually from roster perspective

They get to evaluate his development in OTA, Training Camp, Preseason and keep an extra roster spot for 1st 4 games as the 54th player on roster.

If he shows improvement through offseason then you make room for him after the 4th game.

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Eh this may be a positive actually from roster perspective

They get to evaluate his development in OTA, Training Camp, Preseason and keep an extra roster spot for 1st 4 games as the 54th player on roster.

If he shows improvement through offseason then you make room for him after the 4th game.

I was thinking this could potentially put his roster spot in jeopardy (as it is far from a guarantee anyway), but this is a fair enough point.  Last year, Marshall was about as raw as you can possibly get, so there definitely needs to be some serious improvement shown.  Sure, we heard plenty of positive things throughout camp, but they never really materialized on the field.  That doesn't mean he should be given up on already if they truly think he has potential, but the Jets certainly should not plan on relying on him in any way at all.  This only gives them all the more reason to take that approach.  That said, I still wouldn't be shocked for them to send him packing or demote him to the PS, as despite his physical talent, he certainly put on full display the reason he went undrafted.

14 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He has potential. But I think with a young QB or a vet coming in, we need to provide him with some ready made NFL talent to throw the ball to right now.

Agreed. But Anderson and Peake both have the prototype size (although Anderson needs about 10 more pounds of muscle) and leaping ability. Peake is from clemson, that's become WR university the last 5 years.

I think we'll be fine which is why I think macc let B Marshall go in the first place. 2 young receivers that's 6'3" that are both speedsters..West coast offense isn't reliant on dominant receivers as Much as it is on speed guys who can run after the catch

Just now, Reynolds1029 said:

I'm sorry but how is Adderall a PED? Like I guess the NFL is against people having sound mental health

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I can't imagine you're not allowed to use it with a valid doctors prescription.

I haven't read the story, but I'm assuming he didn't have a prescription for Aderall. Or at least didn't let the Jets or the league know he had a prescription from a Doctor for it. I could be wrong though.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I was thinking this could potentially put his roster spot in jeopardy (as it is far from a guarantee anyway), but this is a fair enough point.  Last year, Marshall was about as raw as you can possibly get, so there definitely needs to be some serious improvement shown.  Sure, we heard plenty of positive things throughout camp, but they never really materialized on the field.  That doesn't mean he should be given up on already if they truly think he has potential, but the Jets certainly should not plan on relying on him in any way at all.  This only gives them all the more reason to take that approach.  That said, I still wouldn't be shocked for them to send him packing or demote him to the PS, as despite his physical talent, he certainly put on full display the reason he went undrafted.

they will not cut him until after the 4th game now even if they feel he is not progressing.  Why would they? he costs nothing and is now i nice insurance policy for 5th game if there is a lot of injuries.

4 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

Agreed. But Anderson and Peake both have the prototype size (although Anderson needs about 10 more pounds of muscle) and leaping ability. Peake is from clemson, that's become WR university the last 5 years.

I think we'll be fine which is why I think macc let B Marshall go in the first place. 2 young receivers that's 6'3" that are both speedsters..West coast offense isn't reliant on dominant receivers as Much as it is on speed guys who can run after the catch

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, if our group at receiver is Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, J. Marshall, Smith, and Peake going into next season, that's far from a bad group. Enunwa's emergence has been huge. And you do have to let young guys play in this league. I'm just worried they are going to cut Decker and leave us with a little more inexperience at the position than I would like.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, if our group at receiver is Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, J. Marshall, Smith, and Peake going into next season, that's far from a bad group. Enunwa's emergence has been huge. And you do have to let young guys play in this league. I'm just worried they are going to cut Decker and leave us with a little more inexperience at the position than I would like.

True. But I could live with cutting decker though. Quincy and Robby were beating single coverages all year we just had shabby QB play and a offensive system that just doesn't really work in the league anymore. It won't be a repeat of Jeremy kerley as our best WR lol

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I see Peake more as an outside guy while I see Marshall more of a slot guy

Well if we cut decker (we probably will) based on how his season went Robby Anderson will probably be the #2 on the depth chart, and enunwa will be #1. But enunwa is much better in the slot sooo...

But a lot won't be revealed until training camp where we find out what the offensive scheme will be. If it's like New Orleans where it's a spread out quick slant type scheme we have the perfect receivers for it in Anderson,enunwa and Peake and Marshall

just depends on who shows up well in camp

One of two things.

1) it didn't help him at all because he still dropped passes and fumbled which could be concentration issues.

2) it did help him, because without it he would be worse than Stephen hill. 

Either way bad news.

5 minutes ago, Barkus said:

One of two things.

1) it didn't help him at all because he still dropped passes and fumbled which could be concentration issues.

2) it did help him, because without it he would be worse than Stephen hill. 

Either way bad news.

You're being way too optimistic for a Jets fan, the most likely answer:

3) it did help, but he's still worse than Stephen Hill

Archived