Jalin Marshall faces 4 Game Suspension

Scoop24

2 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

He'll never be worse than Stephen hill. That's mathematically impossible

O ye of little faith.  Of course he can't be as big of a bust, simply given that you're talking UDFA vs second rounder, but when you fumble at like a 50% rate, you're a true contender for being that awful.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

The Daily News has learned that Jets wide receiver Jalin Marshall will be suspended for the first four games of the 2017 season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs. Marshall tested positive for Adderall, according to sources.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-wr-jalin-marshall-facing-ban-violating-nfl-drug-policy-article-1.2990561

Why not cut him?

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

O ye of little faith.  Of course he can't be as big of a bust, simply given that you're talking UDFA vs second rounder, but when you fumble at like a 50% rate, you're a true contender for being that awful.

Agreed but you have to make a catch to fumble...Stephen hill catching a ball was very much a rare sight and it always hit him square in the hands every time

IMG_1915.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

While the New York Jets and their fans are getting pumped up about the start of the NFL’s free agent signing period, it appears one of their receivers has been getting pumped up on PED’s.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News is reporting that second-year receiver Jalin Marshall out of Ohio State will be facing a four-game ban to start the 2017 season for his use of Adderall, a drug that is often prescribed for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) but has been banned by the NFL.

While frustrating, the suspension will have little impact on the 2017 season as the Jets do have some young depth at the position while Marshall’s contributions last season were minimal at best.

If nothing else, the suspension will allow the Jets to take a look at another player (or players) for the first four weeks of the season while Marshall awaits his return.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
vyDzPbOjEcs

Click here to read the full story...

He has potential. But I think with a young QB or a vet coming in, we need to provide him with some ready made NFL talent to throw the ball to right now.

Robbie Anderson also has a chance. Enunwa showed some great potential last season...I think we should let our kids play this season and focus on the gaping holes rather than wasting money or draft picks on a position that could end up being great for us already. If the youngins don't pan out this year then worry about getting a star caliper receiver

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

enlighten me, does he gain an edge? why was he suspended?  Yes it is a banned substance but why?  It's a stimulant?

It's an amphetamine that can allegedly increase concentration and reaction time.

24 minutes ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

enlighten me, does he gain an edge? why was he suspended?  Yes it is a banned substance but why?  It's a stimulant?

It's used to treat ADHD. So maybe it was prescribed.  Lot of adults are getting it. Would Give him an edge as far as staying awake and being focused but it also increases metabolism like any other stimulant. In most cases decreases appetite. So not really something that has an anabolic effect. Yet, if taken before workouts it would produce an effect similar to ephedrine So that could be it. He was suspended because its on "the list" .  

1 hour ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

devin smith this is your time to step up. also think we need one more receiver 

Guys forget about Devin Smith, look what Paul Richardson did this year in Seattle after being a 2nd round pick, and injured most of his first 2 seasons, Smith is very much an asset when healthy, and when the QB can throw it more then 20 yards.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

It's used to treat ADHD. So maybe it was prescribed.  Lot of adults are getting it. Would Give him an edge as far as staying awake and being focused but it also increases metabolism like any other stimulant. In most cases decreases appetite. So not really something that has an anabolic effect. Yet, if taken before workouts it would produce an effect similar to ephedrine So that could be it. He was suspended because its on "the list" .  

If you take it before work outs you might have a heart attack, these guys use it for 2 reasons, to help focus, and go long stretches of focus to study the playbook, and watch film, and then the recreational use when out drinking, it is basically the same as Cocaine, but only have to take it once and get 4 hours instead of constantly using Cocaine every 30-40 minutes.

I can't imagine you're not allowed to use it with a valid doctors prescription.
I haven't read the story, but I'm assuming he didn't have a prescription for Aderall. Or at least didn't let the Jets or the league know he had a prescription from a Doctor for it. I could be wrong though.

But it's also not a PED though. Pretty sure you can't suddenly gain 50lbs of muscle and run 10 miles a day from it. There is also tons of drugs the NFL bans that regardless of medical need or percription you can't use while playing football. Even if it's for recreational use players should'nt be suspended for using it, he isen't harming anybody using it. But thats a totally different topic to get into..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just now, Lupz27 said:

If you take it before work outs you might have a heart attack, these guys use it for 2 reasons, to help focus, and go long stretches of focus to study the playbook, and watch film, and then the recreational use when out drinking, it is basically the same as Cocaine, but only have to take it once and get 4 hours instead of constantly using Cocaine every 30-40 minutes.

Thanks. That I didn't know. Playbook part makes most sense. 

3 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

But it's also not a PED though. Pretty sure you can't suddenly gain 50lbs of muscle and run 10 miles a day from it. There is also tons of drugs the NFL bans that regardless of medical need or percription you can't use while playing football. Even if it's for recreational use players should'nt be suspended for using it, he isen't harming anybody using it. But thats a totally different topic to get into..

I believe someone posted that it masks other drugs.

I believe someone posted that it masks other drugs.

Never read anything on that. But I think most players use PEDs anyways. The competition is super intense in the league and people always find loopholes and workarounds.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

adderall???? wtf.  is this guy trying to retake his wonderluck test?  whatever.  i just never pictured adderall as a ped.

Helps with focus and concentration.  Maybe Marshall thinks it makes him focus on passes better?  Routes?  Who knows what that idiot was thinking?  All he needed to do was get a doctor's note.

Also, isn't a four game suspension after a player has been caught a few times in the past?

1 hour ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

It's most commonly used to treat ADD/ADHD and as others have mentioned, it's a stimulant.  It's not like HGH or Steroids, more like "speed"...

Its been used in baseball, football and nascar

“It masks fatigue, masks pain, increases arousal — like being in The Zone,” begins Wadler, currently an associate professor of medicine at Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, in a phone interview.

“It increases alertness, aggressiveness, attention and concentration. It improves reaction time, especially when fatigued. Some think it enhances hand-eye coordination. Some believe it increases the mental aspects of performance.”

That’s not to mention possible increases in acceleration, speed, strength and power that accrue to Adderall users. It’s no wonder that Wadler calls Adderall “one of the quintessential performance-enhancing drugs. There’s no question it’s a performance-enhancing drug.”

is widely known to be a banned substance.  what a big dummy this kid is

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

“It masks fatigue, masks pain, increases arousal — like being in The Zone,” begins Wadler, currently an associate professor of medicine at Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, in a phone interview.

“It increases alertness, aggressiveness, attention and concentration. It improves reaction time, especially when fatigued. Some think it enhances hand-eye coordination. Some believe it increases the mental aspects of performance.”

That’s not to mention possible increases in acceleration, speed, strength and power that accrue to Adderall users. It’s no wonder that Wadler calls Adderall “one of the quintessential performance-enhancing drugs. There’s no question it’s a performance-enhancing drug.”

wow where can I get some,

Can someone also slip it in Mo's Coffee..

The recent Olympics noted that Simone Biles and Michael Phelps both have ADHD and use/have used Adderal or some variant thereof.

Many adults use it.    I would find it hard to believe that it is banned if it is prescribed.  It is very easy to get prescribed.   It is a controlled substance that is easy to abuse, so you don't abuse it.

Something about this story is not fitting together.  If the NFL thought the Adderall was being used as a masking agent, they should have left it as a PED violation and not said what it was.   It would not be cool if Adderall was generally prohibited for use by football players.  It basically would eliminate players with ADHD.  

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

sounds like a cool drug how can it help me ......

Just now, SickJetFan said:

sounds like a cool drug how can it help me ......

They wanted to put my son on it. they told me he would need to get an EKG first, because one of the potential side effects is "sudden death"

it also doesn't take effect for an hour, lasts 6 hours then there is a big crash.  

needless to say he never took any and we are managing his adhd with lots of excercise and diet and patience

its a central nervous system stimulant, it is pretty harsh.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

They wanted to put my son on it. they told me he would need to get an EKG first, because one of the potential side effects is "sudden death"

it also doesn't take effect for an hour, lasts 6 hours then there is a big crash.  

needless to say he never took any and we are managing his adhd with lots of excercise and diet and patience

its a central nervous system stimulant, it is pretty harsh.

sorry to hear I think I will stay clear

Archived