5-6 S Josh Johnson

Draft No. 2:

1-6 S Malik Hooker

2-7 TE David Njoku

3-6 CB Rasul Douglas

3-43 CB Fabian Moreau

5-6 C Kyle Fuller

Thoughts?

I'm not really on board with either mock. I don;t mind hooker at 6 but I think the Titans will end up pulling the trigger at 5 on him. I expect ONE QB to go in the top 5. I think it will be Kizer- despite what many believe to be a bad combine from him, and I think it will be the Bears that end up taking him. This influences who the Jets take at 6. 

Top 5:

CLE- Garrett

SF- Allen

CHI- Kizer

Jax- Fournette

Tenn- Hooker

Jets mock:

Rd. 1: S.Jones- CB (the Jets miss out on Fournette and Hooker per above top 5. I think they end up going after the top CB. IMO that guy is S.Jones. But the Jets may think otherwise.)

Rd. 2: C.Harris- Edge (he may not be there. If he is, its a no-brainer. If not, T.McKinley would be a nice option. I was going to go OT but I think the Jets find themselves in no-mans land at that position. Bolles, Robinson, and Ramzcyk will definitely be off the board. The next group of OTs like Garcia, Moton, Bisnowaty are a reach early in the 2nd.)

Rd. 3: Moton/Garcia/Bisnowaty- OT (The Jets should be able to get one the 2nd tier 'developmental' LTs early in the 3rd. Garcia is probably the best choice but I would be happy with any one of these guys. If the Jets wait any longer, the good LT prospects in this draft start to dwindle. I only call these guys 'developmental' b/c they are not plug and play type guys at LT. But one of them could very well end up starting at RT this season.)

Rd. 3 (last pick pretty much early 4th round): J.Leggett- TE (to me, this guy has been overlooked. There will be a lot of TEs that go ahead of him, including Shaheen, Hodges, Everett, and of course Njoku and OJ Howard. But he is one of the few guys in that group that can be a legitimate 3 down TE with the ability to be a receiving threat as well as a blocker. This is just what the Jets need to compliment Enunwa and I think they will be surprised he is still there. 

RD. 5: KD Cannon- WR (I was torn between taking a C here as the Jets could probably still get a solid C prospect in rd. 5. But Cannon would be the BPA pick, he's projected to go in the 5th, he looked great at the combine, very productive at Baylor, there;'s a lot to like about this kid. With Marshall gone and Decker possibly on the chopping block, I have no issue going after a WR here.  

Rd. 6: Jamaal Williams- RB (not sure if he will be there, but its very possible considering the depth at RB in this draft. Some injury concerns but otherwise a straight up power back that would complement Forte and Powell very nicely.) 

Rd. 7:Jerry Ugokwe- OT (this is the one name that sticks out to me as a late round developmental prospect. At 6'7, 320 and long arms, Ugokwe has the size and body to play OT in the NFL. But he is VERY raw. Coming out of a small school, started playing football junior year in high school, was red-shirted in college. Ugokwe barely played football to make much sense of what he will do at the next level. But again, the body, the size and natural athleticism are all there. Boom or bust prospect that the late rounds are intended for. 

On 3/7/2017 at 2:35 PM, PepPep said:

I'm not really on board with either mock. I don;t mind hooker at 6 but I think the Titans will end up pulling the trigger at 5 on him. I expect ONE QB to go in the top 5. I think it will be Kizer- despite what many believe to be a bad combine from him, and I think it will be the Bears that end up taking him. This influences who the Jets take at 6. 

Top 5:

CLE- Garrett

SF- Allen

CHI- Kizer

Jax- Fournette

Tenn- Hooker

Jets mock:

Rd. 1: S.Jones- CB (the Jets miss out on Fournette and Hooker per above top 5. I think they end up going after the top CB. IMO that guy is S.Jones. But the Jets may think otherwise.)

Rd. 2: C.Harris- Edge (he may not be there. If he is, its a no-brainer. If not, T.McKinley would be a nice option. I was going to go OT but I think the Jets find themselves in no-mans land at that position. Bolles, Robinson, and Ramzcyk will definitely be off the board. The next group of OTs like Garcia, Moton, Bisnowaty are a reach early in the 2nd.)

Rd. 3: Moton/Garcia/Bisnowaty- OT (The Jets should be able to get one the 2nd tier 'developmental' LTs early in the 3rd. Garcia is probably the best choice but I would be happy with any one of these guys. If the Jets wait any longer, the good LT prospects in this draft start to dwindle. I only call these guys 'developmental' b/c they are not plug and play type guys at LT. But one of them could very well end up starting at RT this season.)

Rd. 3 (last pick pretty much early 4th round): J.Leggett- TE (to me, this guy has been overlooked. There will be a lot of TEs that go ahead of him, including Shaheen, Hodges, Everett, and of course Njoku and OJ Howard. But he is one of the few guys in that group that can be a legitimate 3 down TE with the ability to be a receiving threat as well as a blocker. This is just what the Jets need to compliment Enunwa and I think they will be surprised he is still there. 

RD. 5: KD Cannon- WR (I was torn between taking a C here as the Jets could probably still get a solid C prospect in rd. 5. But Cannon would be the BPA pick, he's projected to go in the 5th, he looked great at the combine, very productive at Baylor, there;'s a lot to like about this kid. With Marshall gone and Decker possibly on the chopping block, I have no issue going after a WR here.  

Rd. 6: Jamaal Williams- RB (not sure if he will be there, but its very possible considering the depth at RB in this draft. Some injury concerns but otherwise a straight up power back that would complement Forte and Powell very nicely.) 

Rd. 7:Jerry Ugokwe- OT (this is the one name that sticks out to me as a late round developmental prospect. At 6'7, 320 and long arms, Ugokwe has the size and body to play OT in the NFL. But he is VERY raw. Coming out of a small school, started playing football junior year in high school, was red-shirted in college. Ugokwe barely played football to make much sense of what he will do at the next level. But again, the body, the size and natural athleticism are all there. Boom or bust prospect that the late rounds are intended for. 

I like charles harris enough to take him in the first if we trade back a bit. I could only hope he falls to us in the 2nd.

Haha check out this Fan speak mock:

I want a nasty player like Boulware to bring some attitude to the d.

6: R1P6

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA             
39: R2P7

CB SIDNEY JONES
WASHINGTON       
70: R3P6

EDGE RYAN ANDERSON
ALABAMA    
107: R3P43

RB JOE MIXON
OKLAHOMA     
150: R5P6

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON    
191: R6P7

TEDRIC THOMPSON
COLORADO    
224: R7P6

WR CHRIS GODWIN
PENN STATE

On 3/7/2017 at 10:17 AM, Doggin94it said:

Draft No. 1:

1-6 WR Mike Williams (cut Eric Decker)

2-7 CB Adoree Jackson

3-6 RB Alvin Kamara

3-43 C Ethan Pocic

5-6 S Josh Johnson

Draft No. 2:

1-6 S Malik Hooker

2-7 TE David Njoku

3-6 CB Rasul Douglas

3-43 CB Fabian Moreau

5-6 C Kyle Fuller

Thoughts?

Sign me up For #1 now!

RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
LSU

TE DAVID NJOKU
MIAMI

EDGE RYAN ANDERSON
ALABAMA

PAT ELFLEIN
OHIO STATE

CB CORN ELDER
MIAMI

WR STACY COLEY
MIAMI

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

Just tried again:

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA

CB GAREON CONLEY
OHIO STATE

ETHAN POCIC
LSU

PAT ELFLEIN
OHIO STATE

RB JAMES CONNER
PITTSBURGH

OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

Why do people love Boulware so much? Just because of his rah rah speech after the NC game'?  I get it, this team has nothing beating in it's chest and that kid was out there wearing his heart on his sleeve, but as far as ILBs go...he's just a guy.

16 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Why do people love Boulware so much? Just because of his rah rah speech after the NC game'?  I get it, this team has nothing beating in it's chest and that kid was out there wearing his heart on his sleeve, but as far as ILBs go...he's just a guy.

I'm not a big fan of him as an NFL prospect. So count me out.

6 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

When picking  Boulware in the 6th or 7th round he brings leadership qualities and big game experience even if it is as special team player.  One reason I like Boulware was not only his interview talking about James Connor RB from PITT being an incredible player that he had to face but also interviews from RB that named him as a tough player and hard hitter. He actually reminds me of Tyler Mattacovich the LB from Temple last year that was selected in later rounds and plays for the Steelers.

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P6
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD
2: R2P7

CB TEEZ TABOR
FLORIDA
3: R3P6

TE JORDAN LEGGETT
CLEMSON
4: R3P43

OT JULIE'N DAVENPORT
BUCKNELL
5: R5P6

WR DEDE WESTBROOK
OKLAHOMA
6: R6P7

RB ELIJAH HOOD
NORTH CAROLINA
7: R7P6

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

On March 17, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Lil Woody said:

Same was said about Zach Thomas. Not saying that Boulware is, but some guys - ESPECIALLY @ ILB - just have natural INSTINCTS to attack and kill despite their "athletic measurables" indicating otherwise. The guy is just a sandlot Football GridIron Player, in a league of Pu$$y-Diva Premadonnas, there WILL ALWAYS be an appreciation and soft-spot for that GUY who defies the odds and excels while  giving hope to that awkward HS Football player that he has A CHANCE to make it to the NFL if guys like Thomas and Boulware can. That's a run-on sentence. 

RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
LSU

EDGE T.J. WATT
WISCONSIN

WR JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER
USC

ETHAN POCIC
LSU