C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

27 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

There it is! The annual 'boo hoo no one wants to play here' (before FA has even officially started) post.  Congrats! 

Yup. Happens every year at this time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Word from is that the offered Glennon somewhere in the 8-10m per year range. Signed for 14.5m per with the

Interesting that they only offered backup money. Maybe they aren't as low on Hack and Petty as we all think.

Just now, cant wait said:

Jets signing cutler ... 3 years ~45 per wfan 

Who said this? Carton?

Just now, cant wait said:

Yep boomer backed him up

Didn't they also say that Woody was selling the team to the Busch family?

I'd take anything they say with a huge grain of salt.

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Jet fans think Hackenberg is awful because he wasn't put into a game . I wonder why after seeing what Lynch had to offer and what Goff had to offer if they teams, not their fan bases, think about them . QBs need to be developed, not destroyed to appease a fan base. Hackenberg is 22 yrs old, and if he gets it when he turns 25 it would be worth it .  

It would be amazing if he turned out to be good. The amount of crow every beat writer (and many a poster on this site) would have to eat.

Amazing. 

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I still say, and I could be wrong, were there any leaks last 2 years about any FA signings i.e. Skrine, Gilchrist, Forte, McLendon etc..?  Revis was always rumored...

This. We had the same complaints last year, and the year before, during the tampering period. No Jets activity was leaked until free agency officially opened.

Unless I'm wrong, there hasn't been any reports about Bouye being signed anywhere. Maybe he's ours....

30 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

LOVE this idea. McCarron is sneaky good.

I don't mind this move, either. McCarron has one year left on his rookie deal, so he's cheap. Let him prove his worth next year before locking him up long term.

• Upvote 1

Shefter's tweet doesn't really say they're interested.  It says we're the only team with "a potential interest."  Bascially just speculation.  We've been linked to every free agent QB out there.  Cutler is no different.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

if we are trading Richardson for a questionable QB... i'd take McCarron over Siemian

Agree

LOL Houston just paid Cleveland to take Osweiler's from them.  LMAO

Just now, gEYno said:

Really smart move by the Browns.

It is. They just turned a 4th round pick into a second.

37 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The way things are shaping up I would love to draft this guy and see what he can do. I doubt he will be there though but I can hope. For some reason the more I see of him the more I like him.

Either him or Trubisky (or both) will be there at #6. I doubt the Browns take a QB #1 overall, and the Bears are almost certainly not taking a QB now. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If the Jets trade for McCarron, the headline could be: "Macc acquires McC"

2305.gif

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Tanny is the man

Never should have fired him.

Just now, C Mart said:

Tebow

It's questionable if that trade was his call. He took responsibility for it, but that had Woody's fingerprints all over it.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tannenbaum love is second only to Herm love as it relates to Jets fans proving they're morons.

He brought Mangini here. 

5 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Does it bother you that The Carolina Panthers can trade a player with half the talent of Sheldon Richardson but we can't trade Richardson for a stale bag of peanuts  ? 

#Idzik 

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully something can save Mauldin's career the kid was a promising LBer up until last season he took the year off. 

The whole team did. 

Let's trade picks and/or Sheldon for a veteran QB who has less game experience than Bryce Petty. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ok, now that we dont have to trade him, why not?

Because he sucks. They should either trade for AJ McCarron, or draft Watson. Let the young guys compete for the job.

• Upvote 1

If we sign Chase Daniel, Petty or Hackenberg will get the job. Daniel is worse than McCarron

Then why waste time or money on him?

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because we want Petty or Hackenberg to start.

And thus the point of signing Chase Daniel would be....................................?

If you trade for McCarron or draft Watson, you're bringing in guys who can compete for the starting job. Competition makes everyone better.

If you bring in Chase Daniel, you're wasting a roster spot on someone who provides no benefit to the team.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I want the young guys Petty and Hackenberg to start. At the same time I still want a veteran backup who can come in cold.

So Daniel fits that description. 

How? The guy has 78 career pass attempts.  Bryce Petty fits that description better than he does.

• Upvote 1

If Petty's starting, then Daniel fits that bill

200_s.gif

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I assume he's talking about Glennon. Who I wanted, but totally understand why the Jets passed. He is no sure thing and they saw what the Texans had to do to unload Osweillers sh*tty contract

Regardless of Glennon (I'd have paid him), dude's right about $12 million for Hightower being a dumb move. He isn't worth that kind of money. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Pats are offering 10 and he wants more. He accepted our invitation to visit. We baked him ******* cupcakes. This isn't rocket science.

LOL 

You know they aren't f*cking around when they break out the yummy treats.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You're acting like our only option is Hightower or Harris.

No one is against upgrading the team. The problem is that the Jets want to pay $12 million for an ILB. It's way too much money.

If they're going to sign an ILB, they should look at Kevin Minter. He's a very good player who will come cheaper, and he knows Bowles' system. FWIW he's also a year younger than Hightower.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL funny don't we still need a QB. 

We needed one when he was on the roster. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Albert Breer‏ @AlbertBreer

Jets offer was pulled after physical, so this was a moot point by the time Hightower accepted Pats' offer.

Did we let him keep the cupcakes?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

So, backup on a potential Super Bowl team, or potentially start for a team vying for the #1 pick in the draft. 

Also factor in that he's from Texas. Being a Cowboy (even as a backup) might be something he's dreamed about since he was a kid. 

1 hour ago, nicg4360 said:

Osweiller looked pretty good in Denver and was only 1 year removed from that year he beat alot of good teams to help Denver get to the SB...Maybe he just needs a change of scenery but ...I would prefer us to look elsewhere as well.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

No offense to you friend, but I f*cking hate it when people say this to try and justify signing a sh*tty player. 

47 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

Guess you totally missed where I stated "I'd prefer us to look elsewhere"

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

I saw it. Like I said, no offense to you. 

That statement drives me nuts. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company