C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

I'm getting close to the FU stage with this crop of FA QB talent and am thinking we should just take Watson at 6 and let him duke it out with Petty and Hack...

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cutler is 100 times better than Geno.

If you say so...

8 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Dumbest post of the day right here. 

We will win as many games with Geno as Cutler at a far cheaper price.  I don't consider that to be dumb, Joe...

• Upvote 1

With all these draft picks and cap space, Cleveland could be a good fit for a Sheldon trade.  Gregg Williams new DC is a 4-3 guy I think...

Reading some of the stuff from Clemson's Pro Day you get the sense that while he has a lot of leadership intangibles, Watson is going to struggle making a number of NFL throws.  Also sounds like Williams may struggle against NFL caliber CB play too.  

Casual college observers like me need to avoid the trap of getting sucked in on players having only seen them in a bowl game or two.  Kind of like a Vince Young trap...

• Upvote 1

The only way it makes sense to me to sign a guy like McCown is that you are unwilling to spend an early draft pick on a QB.  If you covet a guy like Adams or Lattimore over say Trubisky or Watson, it seems logical to bring in McCown.  Otherwise I'd vote we draft the QB and put him in the mix with Petty and Hack and forego the "veteran bridge guy". 

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company