C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

39 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Taylor just resigned with bills, thank goodness. 

EXCELLENT!!!

Why would anyone trade for semien? Ugh. He's just not that good. I'll bring in anyone in for a look but I'm not giving up picks for a retread when we're in the middle of a rebuild. I'd rather just sign Cutler for the year and I hate Cutler.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

LOVE this idea. McCarron is sneaky good.

This team needs a franchise QB, not a "sneak good" QB that will lead us to mediocrity. I'd rather bring back Geno and Sanchez. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Who said McCarron is the long term answer? We're still drafting a QB high within the next two years. This is just better than paying Jay Cutler.

But you are giving away an asset, in Richardson, when you can just sign Cutler or any other JAG QB.  

I'd rather just go with Geno, lose 14 games and increase our chances of landing a franchise QB next year.  

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Not many franchise QBs out there and what team(s) are trading them?

IF this goes down McCarron will be in the mix competing w/Hackenberg & Petty

You generally don't trade for a franchise QB, you draft one the year there is a clear cut one available like there will be in next years draft. When the Colts lost Manning to an injury they didn't panic and try to trade for a guy like Mccarron, they opted to just suck the rest of the year and get Luck. You think they regret that move? 

18 minutes ago, heymangold said:

who is a clear cut franchise QB in next years draft?  Darnold has an amazine rose bowl, but the dude hasn't even played a full season.  the jets haven't had a franchise qb i'll say EVER, so you have to keep trying.

LMAO at guys that doubt Darnold. You wouldn't have tanked for Luck either....

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i know darnold was great for 10 games.  there are tons of stud college QBs that turn out to be busts, you can't stake an entire season/off-season on that.  look at manziel or tebow.

We are a lost franchise. Even if there is just a 10pct chance that Darnold is that good (and I think it's closer to 80pct), then you MUST tank. We aren't winning anything this year. What's the benefit in going 6-10 over 2-14? So season ticket holders have some meaningless enjoyment in October when we beat the BIlls at home? Who cares? 

We have run this franchise half-a$$ed for decades. It's time to go all in for a franchise QB. Guys like Mccarron are more of the same garbage this franchise has thrown out there for the last 30 years. 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I don't see starting the season with Petty, and Hackenberg as your 1st and 2nd in depth chart as purposely tanking, I see it as hey we have drafted 2 QB's in the last 2 drafts, we only get 4 years to find out if they can play at an acceptable level so let's find out, and if they can't we move on next year when options both in the draft, and FA are projected to be much better.  If one of the 2 QB's shows they are the future awesome let's throw a parade, and start building this team around him ASAP!

One of the few on this board that get it. The Jets aren't going to "purposely" tank, but they aren't going to bring in high priced vets in a desperate attempt to be competitive this year. Anyone they bring in will be young and expected to contribute for another 4 or 5 years at a reasonable contract. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Francesa ripping the trade, saying he would rather have the money for known commodities than the picks for unknown

That's why fatso and his minions are mental midgets. He doesn't understand how much cap space Cleveland has and that it would be impossible for them to even use up all that cap space this year (considering their direction and lack of need to overpay for washed up vets). 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You can't ignore his injury history, but that is a great pick up for Wentz. The kid needs a big time WR like Jeffrey. Eagles could be dangerous this year if Wentz takes the next step.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

JETS NEWS! lol. 

Our teams win projections just went from 3 to 5. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Either him or Trubisky (or both) will be there at #6. I doubt the Browns take a QB #1 overall, and the Bears are almost certainly not taking a QB now. 

I'm in "Suck for Sam" mode, but I wouldn't complain if we took a QB like Watson or Trubisky in the first round or a Mahomes in the 2nd. I don't think any of those guys are 1st round worthy, but you have to find a franchise QB at some point. Maybe we get lucky. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Pryor to Redskins 1 year 8 mill per Rappaport on NFL network.

He's better than both desean and garcon. Skins also have Josh doctson. I love the dumb media acting like the skins screwed up in free agency. They may be better and younger at wr next year.

Of course they've butchered the cousins situation but that's a separate issue. 

22 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Cutting him doesn't save anything on cap space. So you can either pay $5m and have him, or pay $5m and not have him.

He'll be cut if we draft a RB in the first couple of rounds. 

42 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

NE trades for Brandin Cooks.  We bring in Cadet "for a visit".  Good friggin' Lord, our GM is asleep at the wheel.

Yeah, the jets should be  trading away draft picks for wide receivers and signing aging vets. That's the way to a proper rebuild!

#SOJFlogic

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)

3/11/17, 8:17 PM

OT DJ Fluker agrees to a one-year deal with the Giants, source says. Former 11th overall pick gets a chance to reset his career.

Fluker can teach Flowers how to be a bust and still get a free agent contract

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Exactly the mentality which explains why our fan base accepts a front office/ownership which has been mired in sub-mediocrity and incompetence for decades.  Guess some folks enjoy watching other teams improve while we can't find a QB, TE, pass rusher for what seems like an eternity.  

So your solution to mediocrity is to pay big money to some vets so we can go 8-8 next year and guarantee us zero chance at a Franchise qb?? Brilliant

Actually, it's your mentality that forces the front office to constantly make moves to be "competitive" during a rebuild thereby guaranteeing a failed rebuild. You don't rebuild by trying to win now. That's the opposite of a rebuild. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

SIgning him is not out of reality though. He's only 26, so age isn't a problem. He would definitely help fill the leadership role and be a sound replacement for David Harris. But I think he's going back to NE.

Agreed on all accounts.

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

I said not ready to start a game.  Rogers was ready but was behind Farve. 

How do you know he was ready? 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I wanna know where this magical good QB was and how we avoided signing him.

I assume he's talking about Glennon. Who I wanted, but totally understand why the Jets passed. He is no sure thing and they saw what the Texans had to do to unload Osweillers sh*tty contract

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Daryl Washington...stud...knows Bowles....young....sign him

Stud? possibly

Knows Bowles? Yes, that helps

Young? Nah. He's 30 which is pretty old in the NFL. 

Sign Him? Considering his age and what we are trying to do, I am guessing we pass on a guy with multiple suspensions and domestic abuse issues. The only thing going in his favor is his history with Bowles, so it's a greater than 0 pct chance, but not much greater. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company