C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ayyyyyyyy dis is my go-to, lol.

RLLOL!  It's a great one.  I like this gif too to describe the Geno as starter reaction:

jump-off-building-o.gif

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Report: Mike Glennon to sign three-year, $43.5 million deal with Bears.

Good.  I'm going on the record today that the hype finally ends when this kid absolutely sucks as a starter.  IMO, the Bears just doomed themselves worse than when they signed Cutler.  Glennon has no NFL history to show that he can actually win games.  Idiocy to go on the hook for a career backup.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I think Aaron Rodgers reaction last night to this deal was priceless. Says it all.

Just went to find your reference.  LOL.  Great line by Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Can anyone confirm this Cutler stuff? Literally the worst possible scenario.

If this is true?  It goes down as a Kotite/O'Donnell/Mirer disaster.  Would absolutely lock in the "SOJ" label for eternity.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

CUTLER IS NOT COMING HERE

Please, please tell me you know Cutler and just got off the phone to confirm your comment.

Just read this in an article about McCarron..  I was struck with how our current QBs are regarded.  lol  I can't imagine being Petty and Hack reading that.

The Jets figure to be among them after letting Ryan Fitzpatrick go this offseason. All the Jets have now is Bryce Petty who has shown nothing to make New York believe he’s ready to be anything more than a decent backup in the NFL.

Even though the Jets spent a second-round pick on Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg last year, all indications are he’s a mess with little-to-no starting potential.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/9/14868636/nfl-trade-rumors-jets-aj-mccarron-deal-sheldon-richardson

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man wish the Jets did this, you can cut Brock after this season with little to no cap hit, and get a free 2nd rounder.

Yup.  But would that would require a GM who actually had some skills.  Mcc does not.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Not even in the conversation for anybody right now. What's going on? You have to think something is in the works

After hearing about the Osweiller trade, Mcc hyperventilated and passed out.  He's fine.  But they are giving him fluids and a nice turkey sandwich in hopes of getting him "back on the horse".

• Upvote 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Imagine they trade for him and get a 2nd round pick only to trade him to another team for another 2nd round pick....lol. 

Oh, it's coming.  No doubt in my mind.

• Upvote 1

NE trades for Brandin Cooks.  We bring in Cadet "for a visit".  Good friggin' Lord, our GM is asleep at the wheel.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This represents the Jets fan that is not aware of the fact that we are reguildinand whatever the Pata do now has no impact on us.

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

The last viewpoint our GM should listen to is THIS kind of viewpoint.

Talk about not getting it.

17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's amazing that there many fans on Twitter and here that don't get what's going on

17 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, the jets should be  trading away draft picks for wide receivers and signing aging vets. That's the way to a proper rebuild!

#SOJFlogic

Exactly the mentality which explains why our fan base accepts a front office/ownership which has been mired in sub-mediocrity and incompetence for decades.  Guess some folks enjoy watching other teams improve while we can't find a QB, TE, pass rusher for what seems like an eternity.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Because we fans have alot of control, amirite?

Tell us Much, what are YOU doing to "not accept" our franchise this year?  Apart from hot air on a forum, of course?

I enjoy watching and rooting for my team, every game, every year, good or bad.

If you don't enjoy it, perhaps the issue is why you keep watching a team you so clearly loathe?

The Jets aren't a drug and we're not addicts here.  I am sure the Giants would be happy to have you as a fan, and they're widely considered one of the best run franchises in the NFL.  

So what's stopping you?

How does my initial post about our GM/front office devolve into me disavowing my love for the team and going over to the Vagiants?  All I did was comment on how our GM seems to be asleep while other teams like the Pats keep getting better.   How they can pull off deals but we're mired in quicksand.  

I've been attending games and otherwise watching on TV since the mid-1960s.  After a while, SOJFs like me tire of the "Hess knows what he's doing", "Gutman is an ace", "Steinberg will right the ship with his expertise", "Trust in Tanny", "Trust in Coslet", "Trust in Rex", "We got lucky to find a team as skillful as Bowles and Mcc" chants.  Doesn't change my love for the team.  Just makes me more apt to quaff more booze and pop a Zoloft or two.

55 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because we have the power to get rid of them?

Last I checked, this is a message board where we vent and/or share our opinions about the team.   

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Dude, we are not one player away.  We need about 1/2 dozen to 8-9 solid new starters, including a QB.  Brandin Cooks was not coming here anyway.  

Hi Steve.  Not sure why you and several others did not get my meaning.  I was not responding to the Pats signing Cook.  It was to our overall low key participation in free agency. As we need players at so many positions, I was hoping Mcc would have been making more of an impact.

55 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Kicker is one of the only things Jets have addressed: Cantazaro

Addressed it at the .75 level.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company