C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Cousins takes SF out of the QB market if true..... will be interesting if all QBs in the draft fall to us

This is a guy that I could see us being involved in. Played with our DBs coach for years. I wonder what the asking price is

Just now, JiF said:

Huh?  Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Dominique Easly, Ethan Westbrooks and Micheal Brockers are all under 30. Sims and Hayes are both 30 with plenty left in the tank. 

Maybe they're interested in playing 6 defensive lineman

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

if the jets want to get younger why sign a 32 year old TE?  to help out hack?

He's also a safe option both in the passing game and in run blocking. Without a LT he could come in handy I'm assuming.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, King P said:

I have no idea why Tennessee even offered a 1st.

If I was New Orleans, I would have take it and ran

Seriously. It's not going to get any better than that 

Very quiet legal tampering period this year. I feel like the leaking was ridiculous and free agency was pretty much over before it began last year.

The Jets are dodging a lot of bullets with these stop gap QBs getting sucked up by other teams. We need to miss out on Hoyer, bad.

Nick Perry, I like and would support that pickup. My guy is Tony Jefferson, he needs to be a Jet - the unspoken hero of that Arizona defense.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

cleveland could go with rg3 and a rookie.  the jets are the team that can't find a dance partner here.

Perfect. We either want to have our franchise qb in Hackenberg or Petty OR be in a position to draft Darnold/Rosen next season 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They still need a 3rd QB though

Fair enough. It just has to be somebody that knows they have no shot to start unless injuries put them in the game.

• Upvote 1

Just now, C Mart said:

They could move Jenkins inside. Jenkins reminds me of Mo Lewis, who played inside & outside

This. Jenkins is a very versatile player. Love his game and think he could play both positions.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

they have mauldin too.   why are the focusing on lb?

I think Mauldin is viewed as a situational pass rusher at this point. He struggled at doing anything other than that last year

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetster said:

Jets could kick azz signing Perry, and a safety, then finding CBs with their 2 + 3 thirds if they get one for Richardson.

It would definitely be a massively reformed defense if we did that

What's up did Perry and Cooper sign yet? Where's Jefferson at? 

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo

Browns have a legit shot at landing S Tony Jefferson, are offering him the most money by far, sources tell me + @RapSheet. Ravens in it too.

This would suck, but the draft (especially top 10) is loaded with talent at safety. So I wouldn't be too down about it.

We're not going to know anything until it's signed in ink. This front office keeps things locked down tight.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

U didn't think a 26 year old 10+ sack OLB was gonna be cheap did you ?

It really depends on what a 'monster offer' is..... If we're nearing Vernon money I won't be all about it.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

This is ******* dumb. And I like Nick Perry.

BIGGGG MAACCCCCC

• Upvote 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

The Jets shouldn't be paying anybody in FA, let alone overpaying them. 

They should pay us for putting up with them

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

From a rumor I heard a couple days ago, the top end of the FA CB market are overestimating their worth and the CB market might actually take a couple days to settle money wise.

Interesting. I expect the Jets to be involved in that market

• Upvote 1

Really intrigued to see how tomorrow plays out. I can't wait to see where Macs head is at.

It's disappointing to see the Jets missing out on players that could make us a better football team. We cannot rely solely on the draft and expect to get better any time soon. It just doesn't work that way.

If Darnold is that good, then it's fine - but right now we don't know that. Bowles is going to have to coach his ass off with these young guys to get us in a position to win a decent amount of games next year.

The Jets are in 0 position to play a veteran QB like Cutler. It would be an insanely stupid move to not pay Perry, Bouye, etc. but pay Cutler to come in and start on a team filled with rookies.

• Upvote 2

Unless Cutler signs for 1m a season I don't want him

• Upvote 1

Trevor Semian I can live with as somebody with a little potential - Cutler I will throw my computer

• Upvote 2

Semian's number last year playing behind a bad offensive line and rushing attack.....

18 TD - 10 INT - 84.3 QBR

That's actually not awful when you consider their bad line and bad run game. This is an option that I could see a little potential in.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Your trading a top 5 3-4 DE for an unwanted future journeyman backup QB, and a 4th seriously?

For me it's 2nd round pick for Sheldon, or keep him move him back to 3-4 DE let him beast, get 3rd round comp pick for him in 2018 draft.

2018 3rd round comp pick, and a year of Richardson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Semian, and 2017 late 4th rounder!

Fair point. I am just of the opinion that Sheldon needs to go by any means necessary. Third round compensatory pick is fine with me.

• Upvote 1

Does this give open up all safety options in the draft?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company