C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mike Silver is saying the 49ers are likely to acquire Kirk Cousins.

Sam Darnell, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield or Luke Falk will be there for the Jets to pick at #1 next year! If Cousins goes to 49ers, we're guaranteed to have a shot at a pretty damn good QB, unless knowing the Jets have the number 1 they all go back to school,lol.,

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Cousins takes SF out of the QB market if true..... will be interesting if all QBs in the draft fall to us

Heard Phil Savage speak on NFL Sirius radio, said after watching the QB workouts Watson is the only QB worthy of a 1st round selection. Cites Watsons games vs Alabama where he beat vitually an NFL defense (speed) twice. Needs work but believes Watson is studious & has the IT factor (leader) you look for in a QB. Interesting.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 9.25.27 AM.jpg

Sign me up if Macc isn't sold on Petty or Hack. WE NEED A FUTURE QB!

• Thumb Down 1

We should only be in the secondary FA market. Come Thursday, I don't even want to hear about the Jets interested in any of the top flight free agents, or fraud agents as someone calls them here. 2018 is the time for a couple of stud FAs, when we have literally zero dead cap money from Fitz, Revis & Forte. 

Other than Marshall, the Jets haven't lost anyone they can't replace. Getting Decker back will be a plus & they won't have Brandon in the huddle telling Fitz he's open on every play. Say the Jets draft Fournette? Decker, Enunwa, ASJ, Anderson, Smith, Peake, that's plenty of offense to play a little smash mouth, play action football. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This. Jenkins is a very versatile player. Love his game and think he could play both positions.

Jets could kick azz signing Perry, and a safety, then finding CBs with their 2 + 3 thirds if they get one for Richardson.

By kick azz, I mean build towards 2018,lol.

15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

So do I, but I don't think he gets anywhere near the 3rd round . His skill set is too good and keeping him out of round 1 is going to be punishment enough .  His workout #s were better than any RB at the combines .

Mixon would be a steal in the 3rd round. This is guy that will punch defenders right in the f*cking face if he has too. Fantastic straight arm.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How does my initial post about our GM/front office devolve into me disavowing my love for the team and going over to the Vagiants?  All I did was comment on how our GM seems to be asleep while other teams like the Pats keep getting better.   How they can pull off deals but we're mired in quicksand.  

I've been attending games and otherwise watching on TV since the mid-1960s.  After a while, SOJFs like me tire of the "Hess knows what he's doing", "Gutman is an ace", "Steinberg will right the ship with his expertise", "Trust in Tanny", "Trust in Coslet", "Trust in Rex", "We got lucky to find a team as skillful as Bowles and Mcc" chants.  Doesn't change my love for the team.  Just makes me more apt to quaff more booze and pop a Zoloft or two.

Last I checked, this is a message board where we vent and/or share our opinions about the team.   

Like SAR stated before, the Jets have been pretty successful without a franchise QB. Not many other teams got to championship games like the Jets have. There is a reason why Brady, Big Ben & Manning have owned the AFC for the last 16 years. It's not surprising based on no QB & Free Agency buys that we experience a few good years & can have no true consistancy.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

At the end of the day, it's easier to get rid of the fans (move) than get rid of the owner

At the end of the day, I can't stand that phrase. I remember seeing an interview with Kris Jenkins, he said it in almost every sentence, drove me freaking crazy. Speak English & stop using unnecessary fillers. It's like saying basically.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets should sign Hightower he would add some substance and identity to our weak LB corps. 

I didn't think we had a chance & still don't but would be pleasantly surprised & pretty pumped about our future LBing core. Good young speed & strength with Hightower/Jenkins. Maybe Kevin Green can save Mauldins career.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

"wanton defiance of reality"

Love the hyperbole.  Nice.  You never disappoint.

Can I get a spoon for this soup?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company