C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

7 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Jets are supposedly one of several teams after Raiders fourth Wr Andre Holmes.      Very good special teamer , but very limited Wr with questionable hands.

Did you just copy and paste this from 5 years ago and just crossed out Chaz Schilens and replaced it with Andre Holmes?

• Upvote 4

Vince Young has signed!  ......  with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

11 minutes ago, varjet said:

Good thing the Jets did not lock up Ijalana.

How much did we just pay for winters?  Wasn't it like 8 per year or something?

9 minutes ago, slats said:

I wouldn't accept anything less than a third. If they can't get that, let him play his ass off in a contract year, then take the 2019 third round comp pick as compensation. Ability-wise, we should be talking about a first round pick here. CRappy situation. 

This makes sense but you just know that if he does play here and does have a huge year there will be huge pressure to resign him and not let him walk for a mere 3rd.  The Jets are screwed with this guy no matter what they do.

3 minutes ago, Sully said:

Jets losing out on every FA we've been linked to

We are being saved from ourselves which is good.  I won;t mind if we only sign one or two low price fas and never get desperate for FAs unless you are close to winning.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini

#Jets showing interest in #Raiders WR Andre Holmes, per source. Has Brandon Marshall-like size (6-5). Had 14 catches last year, 3 TDs.

LOL  Brandon Marshall like seize I bet there are a lot of 6'5 football payers out there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Obviously the folks at cincyjungle have never heard of mechanics.

I think they have and know that hacks are so utterly messed up he is bust that will be passed on the depth chart the next time the Jets draft a Qb in any round.

That is one sad remaining list.  I went out and said it would be Chase Daniel and I am sticking to it.  Draft pick or player cost is the issue.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Macc should be quartered if he trades a pick for a QB at this point.

I agree but I think that is what is going to happen.

Just now, peekskill68 said:

Geno > Cutler.  That's how bad it is...

Cutler is 100 times better than Geno.

• Upvote 1

Lets see we have petty who has an arm but still doesn't seem to know how to process pro ball.

Hackenburg is a joke

We just had a season where our likeable but weak armed Qb could not longer make plays.

Cutler has a rocker arm.

Cutler is tough, has played with bears teams with awful olines.  He will actually nag in to make a play and take a shot.

He's no big leader or men that is for sure.

I'd rather have him on a one or two year deal than trading for freakin Siemian, that will be an awful move.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd point out that our waterboy just got rebuffed by Brian Hoyer. 

Hoyer never came form Penn state did he?  :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Stunner: Texans trade Brock Osweiler AND 2018 2nd-rd pick to CLEV for Browns to take Osweiler contract off Houston books, sources tell ESPN.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL  O'Brien the Qb guru on his 12th Qb in the last 12 seasons.  I'd like to go back to last off season and weed out all the people that wanted to sign Oswiler.

That should be a firing offense for the Houston GM and or coach.

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

Nice move for the Browns. They have tons of space. Can afford to absorb some bad contracts and take picks back in return. They have no intentions of keeping Oswieler

What are they going to do with him?  They'll just have to cut him and take the cap hit.  No team is going to want anything to do with him.

Just now, gEYno said:

Really smart move by the Browns.

Even better if they can flip him again for an extra 3rd or so.

No one and I mean no one is trading for him.

Just now, Jet Life said:

Even if they have to take the hit they have like 100M in cap and they suck anyway. They get a 2nd round pick just for having extra money. That money would have just sat there anyway

Yeah, I don;t mind the move from the Browns point of view at all but they are not getting anything from a another team for him

We can trade for Oswieler and then red shirt him for a year, that outta straighten him out.

• Upvote 4

Just now, jbt said:

Clev wants a 3rd rounder for Brock and they will pay half of his salary.  do we bite?

I'll punch a koala if we come anywhere near Oswiler.

47 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

that's because they never draft them.

Yup, and it irks me that we watch year after year that teams pick up impact backs in the mid to late rounds and we pickup stacey, ridley, robinson, after this new guy

• Upvote 1

Yeah the Forte thing, we go hard after one of the best pass catching backs out there and then take him out on 3rd downs.  Now Powell did a gin job in that regard but if that was the plann we should have gone after a better pure runner than fortee

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We did, in Khiry Robinson, but he keeps breaking his leg.

And fumbling so our Qb could have a season ending injury.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I sure do.  Most Kuechly-like ILB draft prospect since... well,...  Luke Kuechly.

If the NY Jets draft inside linebackers at 20 and then at 6 in back to back drafts we are super bowl bound

Everyone knows that ILBs are by far the most important, impactful and skill position on a team.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

IF they are going to trade Sheldon, then they will need another DL.

We actually have a few decent prospects from last year.  Anthony Johnson, Claude Pelon and Lawrence Thomas showed some things.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I agree with you on Lawrence Thomas...he was in the rotation until the injury.  Your Oilers are looking good. McDavid is tremendous.

The Oilers have been on the skids lately we have to beat Dallas tonight!  Yeah McDavid is the franchise no question about it.

So if they sign Hightower does that mean Harris is going to get cut?  Or are they going to keep both and play tiny lb occasionally?

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Hightower sh\be OLB in Jets 3/4 keeping Harris

Sounds jets like all right, NOT playing a guy at his best positions.  Hightower is for sure an ILB all the way.  so is Lee, so is Harris.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they sign Hightower, they'll move Darron Lee "outside" and cut Maudlin, which is code for "we should have drafted Paxton Lynch."

Lee will be a TERRIBLE olb.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company