C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I thought the Redskins franchises him? 

This one is tricky . It appears that Cousins wants to play for Shanahan and will leave for San Fran next yr .  If you could trade him this yr say for a 1st and a couple picks, it might be worth it rather than lose him next yr for nothing .

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It is sooooooooo tempting to start a "Jets Sign Geno Smith to new 5 Year, 55 million dollar deal" thread.

Or better, a "Jets in negotiation to resign Fitzpatrick while waiting for Hack to Develop" thread.

Do it man do it .

Rams have a stack DLine, so what would they want with Richardson ?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, C Mart said:

SRich? Get our 4th Rd pick back and conditional 2018 pick based on his '17 performance and if he resigns w/Wash?

Washington shopping for help on the D-line

The Redskins are in the market for defensive linemen. The Redskins have also expressed interest in defensive tackle Lawrence Guy, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. The 26-year-old spent the last three seasons with the Baltimore Ravens. He recorded 28 combined tackles, a sack and a forced fumble in 16 games (10 starts) in 2016. NFL.com listed him as the eighth best interior pass rusher last year, averaging 4.24 yards to the quarterback.

Listed at 6-4, 305 pounds, Guy had his best season in 2015 when he recorded a career-high 4.5 sacks in 16 games (six starts). Washington’s interest in Guy falls in line with the team’s approach to seek out second-tier players at the start of free agency for the second straight offseason. The team is also reportedly interested in Cowboys free agenct Terrell McClain.

I'm in on any deal that would get rid of Richardson.  I don't hate the guy personally, but both he, and Wilkerson need some distance between them .  I would prefer a 3rd round pick thou .

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

More #49ers news: #Bills WR Marquise Goodwin is headed to the #49ers. Kyle Shanahan loves speed.

I have to say, you're doing an awesome job .  Thanks for the updates . 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

They could move Jenkins inside. Jenkins reminds me of Mo Lewis, who played inside & outside

Both Georgia Bulldogs and Jenkins played inside his last year at Georgia I believed .

• Upvote 1

Are the Jets missing out on players because they're holding firm as to what they're willing to pay for players on a rebuilding team ? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

We're not going to know anything until it's signed in ink. This front office keeps things locked down tight.

It's also smart just in case someone changes their mind over night . 

Just now, Stark said:

oh boy...

Right there with you holding my head .

23 minutes ago, heymangold said:

would anyone do Sheldon for McCarron straight up?

Yes, I would

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Hearing Packers have a long-term agreement with Nick Perry. Huge win Green Bay. Keep the pass rushing LB. Should be announced today

Now we will see the fanbase's patience. La Canfora says a 5 year deal

I am happy to hear this .  This team needs to be patient and spend the money at home and on 2nd or 3rd tier free agents  getting 2nd and 3rd tier money .

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

If Cutler does, by some chance, end up here, it's going to be at our price.

Don't want him either . Let him go to Texas, they'll love him out there . 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

serious question though.  with a team that has such a lack of talent at multiple positions, how is this team supposed to build a winner?  if they're constantly settling for 2nd and 3rd tier guys, that just keeps the cycle of crappy football going.  now i'm not saying they should throw crazy amounts of money at guys like perry, bouye, jefferson, gilmore, etc, but should the effort be to get some of these guys here to get better?

Build your team through the draft and add certain players at certain positions to replace older veterans carrying contracts that their play don't dictate any longer . Contrary to popular believe, I think the Jets have a decent amount of talent on this roster and it will show this season if they get a QB who can take care of the football and be a decent game manager . 

The defensive line is solid with Wilkerson, Simon and Williams

The Linebackers are developing and could use a leader with Mauldin, Lee and Jenkins . That's why Harris still has a job .

The secondary is a mess but fixable . This unit needs an alpha big time .

The OL is in flux but only because the LT position is unknown. I happen to think that with Wesley Johnson, the middle of the line will be solid , not great but solid . I think the Jets have their RT, but because he's a 2nd year player with limited experience, he gets the evil eye .

The RBs are workable, but could use some power around the goal line and in short yardage .

The TE position is a mess, but has some potential with plenty of young players  .

The WR position could be solid to above average  if Decker comes back or if this team can find a replacement with his attributes.

The QB position is a mess and IMO, the biggest issue on this team.  If this team can find a game manager, the Jets are going to p!!s off this fan base who want  who is all in on the Mystical Sam Darnold .

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

gilmore is a huge upgrade on ryan.  pats D is going to be even better.  butler/gilmore might be the best CB tandem out there.

Not if they don't pay their MLB . Gilmore and Butler can be had. Their Lbers are the key to their defense .

1 minute ago, Stark said:

I kind of feel like Butler is overrated, decent corner but I don't feel like when I see him play he makes me think he is great.

Neither of those 2 guys would make me forget a young Revis . I don't think either of them are as good as Peterson .

Just now, The Crusher said:

Me too. 

I Like Turkey , so not me.  I would cut him just for the sake of the team chemistry if it came to it . 

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Interesting that they only offered backup money. Maybe they aren't as low on Hack and Petty as we all think.

Jet fans think Hackenberg is awful because he wasn't put into a game . I wonder why after seeing what Lynch had to offer and what Goff had to offer if they teams, not their fan bases, think about them . QBs need to be developed, not destroyed to appease a fan base. Hackenberg is 22 yrs old, and if he gets it when he turns 25 it would be worth it .  

Cutler is a member of the bears and until he's released, the Jets can't even comment about him .

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

It would be amazing if he turned out to be good. The amount of crow every beat writer (and many a poster on this site) would have to eat.

Amazing. 

One can only hope

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I all in with this deal  in whatever form it takes .

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Cooper is so overrated. He's an athletic freak but he can't cover. He's a depth player at best.

Then we should be able to get him cheap .

1 minute ago, nyjets782 said:

Holmes has Chaz Schilens written all over him.....

Isn't that kid Holmes the kid who caught all those passes in the playoff game  ?

15 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

He had 4 receptions for 50 yards.......in a game where they were down 20 in the 4th quarter. 

Yea, but if I remember correctly, he was the only receiver that was catching the football all game .Crabtree and the kid from Bama had the dropsies  all game . I would take him on the cheap

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I'd love nothing more for my son to be proudly rocking a Christian Hackenberg jersey for the next 15 years!  I will even buy him every version the Jets make, White, Green, Pro Bowl, and any other Alternative Jersey options available.

A guy can dream.

That's the sentiment I want t see around here > What happens,  happens, but we can show our support for drafted Jets

1 minute ago, nyjbuddy said:

I would rather have Ijalana  for 2  years and 11 mil  all guaranteed .

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

I also have a realistic side of my thought process thou, and the most realistic outcome is the Jets are scrambling for an answer at QB again this time next season.

Quite possible, but it's nice to be nice . I want Richardson traded, but I would never call him a cancer .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

It's early, but there are two prospects who project to be better than any of the QBs in the current draft, so being in this position next year, possibly with an even better pick, is actually a good thing for this team.  Perhaps not as good as Hackenberg shocking us all, but certainly more realistic.

Everyone and their mother is on this Darnold train, but I think I prefer the Rosen bus .

2 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

OLB Josh Martin is re-signing w/ the NY Jets for 2 years $4.3M, per source.

It's great that this team is resigning it's young core that it found in free agency and not signing big ticket old band  aids anymore .  Loving it . Lesson learned .

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Jets interested in re-signing Tanner Purdum, source says

probably the best long snapper in the NFL, but I'm not of fan of this resigning .   It might not be a bad idea thou since the Jets will more than likely be breaking in a rookie Place Kicker and a 2nd year punter coming off an up and down year .

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Watson is a day 1 starter.  Theres no question about that.  If we take him at 6 hes out there week 1 and will not be in over his head.

Peyton Manning was in over his head when he came out of college and started his 1st year . I would love to take Watson and throw him out there with Petty Hack and a Vet, but I fully expect him to struggle . I expect them all to struggle learning the language of an NFL offense.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

We must draft a QB every year until we know we've found one.  I'd spend a 1 this year and next year as well if need be.  

Preach

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Forte should not see one carry.  Draft a talented rb early and get rid of forte.  What is he still doing on this team?

Better option going forward :

Cook in the 1st

Mixon in the 2nd

Kamara in the 3rd

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company