C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

are the jets going to win the off season again?

without tanny that's tough.

32 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

He's also a safe option both in the passing game and in run blocking. Without a LT he could come in handy I'm assuming.

he would be a good guy to have in pass pro with hack there, especially with that LT situation unsettled.

you start getting the feeling that when the music stops and all the qbs have new homes, the jets will not have secured that prototypical fitz type veteran they were hoping to get.  and while that's not what mccags and bowles want, it's probably what the fans want.  

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Shaping up pretty interestingly. 

SF - Hoyer

Chi- Glennon

Denver - Romo

Bills - Taylor

Cle? 

Jets? 

cleveland could go with rg3 and a rookie.  the jets are the team that can't find a dance partner here.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Perfect. We either want to have our franchise qb in Hackenberg or Petty OR be in a position to draft Darnold/Rosen next season 

from a fan's perspective this is perfect.  why would anyone want to watch another fitz clone in what is otherwise a complete rebuild?  

• Upvote 2

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

They drafted an ILB and an OLB. They need another OLB.

i am tired of hearing all the needs on defense.  they'll suck if they get 2 good cbs and new safeties b/c the offense has needs too.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Offense needs a TE and a LT. They have everything else in house

they need another RB, possibly a QB and they need 2 TEs.  and that's assuming devin smith actually pans out - if he doesn't they need at least 1 more wr as well.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

We have needed a edge rusher for the last 10 years where have you been? The kid was a vital piece of the Packers D and had 11 sacks.

then why would a smart team like GB allow him to reach FA?

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Why would they do that?  Then they would probably need to fill both OLB slots. 

they have mauldin too.   why are the focusing on lb?

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

One of my unnamed sources, which are just as valid as 99% of sports medias unnamed sources, has assured me that Culter is not coming to the Jets.

neither is any other qb, so we don't have to worry about this.  

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Jet fans think Hackenberg is awful because he wasn't put into a game . I wonder why after seeing what Lynch had to offer and what Goff had to offer if they teams, not their fan bases, think about them . QBs need to be developed, not destroyed to appease a fan base. Hackenberg is 22 yrs old, and if he gets it when he turns 25 it would be worth it .  

the jets have ignored offense in the draft for a while.  they have a reputation of emphasizing defense.  prior regimes have failed to develop qbs.  offensive talent understandably does not want to come here.  the only way the jets are going to pull themselves out of the quicksand is for someone like mccags to have the balls and patience to draft someone like hackenberg and get guys around him to develop him.  the jets cannot fix this from the outside, from trades or FA.  they need to show some competence on offensive player development.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

I've had a bad feeling all morning we are signing him.  It just feels like the stars are aligning for it.

i don't know if the jets would want his pouting routines with their young qbs.  fitz was a positive influence.  i really don't see him coming here.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

I really hope you are right!!

if the jets are destined to suck this year, and they want a veteran, why not bring fitz back?  he's got nowhere else to go, he'd at least compete for a starting job, they could obviously get him on the cheap, and he'd continue to mentor the young qbs including any rookie they draft.  i don't see why they'd take cutler and his antics over someone like fitz, if you're hellbent on signing someone.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

There is not one single logical explanation for a Cutler signing, given the current state of the team.  So, yeah, we can probably count on it.  Also, he'd be the best QB we've had since half a season of Favre.

he's also coming off shoulder surgery.  i just don't think mccags wants him there, and i can't see bowles allowing him to throw those risky passes.  if he came here he'd be benched, which is ironically what they're going to do with any of these guys anyway this season.

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

There is not one single logical explanation for a Cutler signing, given the current state of the team.  So, yeah, we can probably count on it.  Also, he'd be the best QB we've had since half a season of Favre.

i just read they're trying to trade for trevor simien.  wtf

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I said earlier that Macc should be quartered if he trades a pick for a QB at this point.  I stand by that.

it seems the broncos would only do it if they get romo, but if romo goes to the texans then i will assume the jets will begrudgingly bring in cutler so they have a body besides the two others.  

Just now, KRL said:

I'm personally not sold on Watson because of the whole "college gimmick" offense that he's coming from.  So

I think I would trade Richardson to CIN for McCarron and a #3 or #4

also a lot of picks.  with watson i don't see the serious upside, where is his true strength besides running?

Just now, BigRy56 said:

I think his biggest upside is the 'stuff you can't measure'. He's a born winner and has the 'IT' factor... He also is apparently very smart - I read an article the other day comparing his football IQ to Peyton Manning based off of his combine interview.

i don't think any of these teams are taking qbs before the jets.  they're all filling the void and they can get a defensive stud instead.  the first teams to maybe reach for a qb in the first round are cleveland at 12 and buffalo.  if the jets like either watson or trubisky, i would hope they trade back in the first and take him there, not at 6.  

that said, i don't like drafting qbs on an 'it' factor as the main selling point.  

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'd make the deal because they may be lucky to get a 3 or 4 anyway and McCarron is dirt cheap.  OTOH, I am kind of tired of chicken arms.  Bad as Petty was, it was nice to have a qb that could sling it down the field. 

harder to score, i remember pennington needed perfect drives to score tds.  you need a big arm and guys who can rip off big plays.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Not even in the conversation for anybody right now. What's going on? You have to think something is in the works

At this point the only thing that would be interesting is a trade involving Sheldon 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Let me find out the Browns are the "smartest guys in the room". 

Please not our putrid team. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Another quality DB off the board while we nap

Mccags is learning that he has to overpay and is holding off

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Jets love signing other teams #3 or 4 backs

that's because they never draft them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If we sign Chase Daniel, Petty or Hackenberg will get the job. Daniel is worse than McCarron

if they sign daniel, i wouldn't be surprised if the jets traded back in the first round and took a qb and basically let them all battle it out in TC.  

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

There's a dozen or so Hightower topics, all saying the same thing, but I'll place this here:

Aditi Kinkhabwala‏ @AKinkhabwala  

#Steelers don't want Dont'a Hightower using them. He's left HQ, but he's been told if he gets on plane w/out signing, that offer is gone.

As of 9pm last night, Steelers expected same. Felt their offer was very close, but Hightower's agent asked for more time too many times.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

LB Dont'a Hightower is slated to make a call today: #Patriots, #Steelers or #Jets. Those involved expect he'll head home to NE. Stay tuned.

i get that he's good, but why would they invest in that position when they're rebuilding?

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Because Rebuilding doesn't have to mean stinking up the Joint on every given Sunday .

why that position, as opposed to other positions.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company