C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

13 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

eh Hoyer gone but you could speculate

1.  If they were serious about Hoyer that means they are serious about Petty\Hack taking over

2. Hoyer wanted to start so maybe he felt he would not beat out Petty\Hack

so looks like we are headed so far to Petty\Hack (my horse is Petty)

Yeah, something tells me that wasn't what made the decision for him. 

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

why who does the 49rs have?

A new offensive minded coach who was the assistant of the year...

The Jets have a staff that will possibly be gone in a years time. I don't think any QB in the league fears competition from Petty and Hack. They suck.

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

who do they have for QB - and whatever on the staff that actually came from dismal Browns please...

You're missing the point, clearly. He would beat out "Petty and Hack" just as easily as he'd beat out "nobody." The idea that he's picking the 9ers because of the competition Petty and Hack provide is utter lunacy.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

no you are avoiding the Point - at 49rs Hoyer has clear shot to start 2017 even if they make a pick for QB

at Jets there would be QB competition where he would need to beat out Petty and Hack - which I think he would lose.

LOL no, I understand what you're saying. You're just wrong. I was sarcastically making the point that Petty and Hack both suck and are clearly inferior to Hoyer. He would have nothing to fear from them. I assure you, nobody who isn't a Jets fan thinks Petty/Hack are better than Hoyer.

Just now, SickJetFan said:

well we shall see this summer wont we - who is right and who is wrong

Well no, since Hoyer didn't sign with the Jets. Unless you're wagering that Petty or Hack will outperform Hoyer, in which case I'm pretty confident seeing as it's unlikley either guy starts for the Jets.

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This team needs a franchise QB, not a "sneak good" QB that will lead us to mediocrity. I'd rather bring back Geno and Sanchez. 

Who said McCarron is the long term answer? We're still drafting a QB high within the next two years. This is just better than paying Jay Cutler.

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

McCarron has a weak arm...will not make good use of Anderson and Smith

Let's see Smith step on the field before we start tailoring the offense to his skills, eh?

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't trade Richardson for McCarron. I keep Sheldon and don't play him out of position. 

You can't, because two of the highest paid/best players on the team also play his position.

Even if you hate McCarron people should accept that Sheldon is gone and we're probably getting pennies on the dollar for him because he's a knucklehead.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

But you are giving away an asset, in Richardson, when you can just sign Cutler or any other JAG QB.  

I'd rather just go with Geno, lose 14 games and increase our chances of landing a franchise QB next year.  

Well I do think McCarron has upside and salary wise he's cheap. I'd much rather get him and test drive him for a year than sign Cutler.

If it's an all out tank for a top top pick then frankly we should just start Petty.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I play all 3 of them but not on every down. 3 guys playing two positions. Not saying on a specific play a guy can't line up differently or you can't use all 3 of them at the same time. 

They command too much money to do that.

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

who is a clear cut franchise QB in next years draft?  Darnold has an amazine rose bowl, but the dude hasn't even played a full season.  the jets haven't had a franchise qb i'll say EVER, so you have to keep trying.

He played 10 games and was awesome -- so awesome that USC went from being an utter disaster on the verge of firingthe head coach they had literally just hired (they lost to Alabama 52-6) to being the hottest team in the country, lighting everyone up, winning the Rose Bowl and finishing #3.

There's a narrative getting passed around JN that Darnold had "one big game" which is just wrong. You may not have heard of him until the Rose Bowl but the dude was lights out for 10 games and saved USC's season as a redshirt freshman seeing his first action. The guy is a total stud.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i know darnold was great for 10 games.  there are tons of stud college QBs that turn out to be busts, you can't stake an entire season/off-season on that.  look at manziel or tebow.

Neither Manziel or Tebow was ever viewed as an elite NFL prospect... Someone like Matt Leinart probably fits your narrative better.

Tanny traded away all our picks, built the team in unsustainable fashion through FA  and sucked at drafting after Mangini left. He did some good things but the idea that he's a great GM is ridiculous. He doesn't do the things that good GMs do.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Looks at Matt Forte... looks at this response.... Looks at Matt Forte again.

In fairness I don't see why the fact that Matt Forte was a bad signing changes the fact that signing AD or Charles makes zero sense.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company