C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If Cousins goes to SF, I wonder if the Tony Romo to the Redskins thing is back on?

It's crazy that the Skins are basically on the verge of losing a legit franchise QB like this. These guys are so hard to find. Somebody in their organization screwed up big time. He needed to be locked up. They're going to be back on the QB market trying to find an answer with teams like us now if he does end up in SF.

Trumaine Johnson for Sheldon and a pick or two makes sense since both players are available are very good players. Obviously we don't know how the Rams feel about Sheldon. He's a very good player but he comes with baggage.

Trumaine is a good player. He's not great, his tackling is pathetic. But he's definitely a huge upgrade for us as a cover corner. I wouldn't mind him at all.

1 minute ago, nyjbuddy said:

I think the Jets are hoping Tyrod Taylor gets cut by Buffalo.

I wouldn't mind Fasano at all. He's a very good blocking tight end. Something the Jets haven't had in a while.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

As far as further cuts I would like to see Gilchrist and Pryor hit the streets. IMO Pryor is the worst first round pick the Jets have made since Vernon Gholston. Can't cover anyone in space and takes very bad angles when coming across the field. IDK what Rex and Idzik saw in this guy other than his nickname in school, "Louisville Slugger". With a name like that Rex probably didn't even look at the film on him, just loved the nickname.

Over Dee Milliner? Kyle Wilson?

I'm not a big Pryor fan at all. But I'd take him over Milliner who couldn't get on the field due to injuries and poor play and Kyle Wilson who was atrocious for us.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

Who would be giving who a "pick or two?" If it's the Jets giving the Rams a pick I say no. CB is a deep position in the draft and if the Rams want Richardson they can give us Johnson and a fourth.

It would have to be the Jets because Sheldon has strikes against him in the league. He's a risk for a full years suspension.

It's a deep draft for CB's but ideally you'd like to pair a guy you draft with a FA/Vet. Johnson would fit that bill. I think Sheldon has a lot of baggage that scares teams off. Because he's to talented a player for teams to not be interested in him. I'm talking late round picks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

He's also a safe option both in the passing game and in run blocking. Without a LT he could come in handy I'm assuming.

Agreed. His ability to block is what's important. Especially for a young QB.

37 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Jets had just that type of TE in BECHT and he was vertually run out of town by fans. Guess the old saying you don't know what you have till its gone applies here.

Agreed. Although fans hated him more because he was a 1st round pick with stone hands. I personally never hated Becht, always saw his value to the team.

34 minutes ago, Larz said:

I wanted the jets to draft fasano.  he would be a good addition

He definitely would be. If our TE's our him and ASJ next year I'd be fine with that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JETdawg1389 said:

And the draft is stocked with top corner prospects who would be available at 6, so what would we want with Johnson

Sent from my EVA-L09 using JetNation.com mobile app

We need more than 1 corner though. We have 2 starting vacancies to fill. I'm not in love with Johnson. But if we acquired him and used our 6th pick or second rounder on another CB in a deep CB draft class I'd be very happy with that.

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A new offensive minded coach who was the assistant of the year...

The Jets have a staff that will possibly be gone in a years time. I don't think any QB in the league fears competition from Petty and Hack. They suck.

If Bowles does get fired after this year so will the bran new offensive coordinator. So even if a guy like Petty, Hack, or some young kid in the draft shows some promise, he might be forced to learn a new system anyway.

We tear thru offensive coordinators. Schotty, Sparano, Morningweg, Gailey, Morton. All since 2011.

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm getting close to the FU stage with this crop of FA QB talent and am thinking we should just take Watson at 6 and let him duke it out with Petty and Hack...

You don't draft Watson at 6 though because the FA QB market is thin. You draft him if you truly believe in him.

• Upvote 3

Perry would be a nice signing. He's young, and he's played well since coming into the league. He's not a great player, but he's definitely better than average. I wouldn't mind him at all.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Garbage lol? Not an all star but clearly a solid player. No one said he had to start.

He's a good tackler, not very good in coverage. Freak athlete but has never amounted to much. He had 4 picks last season, but so what? Marcus Williams had like 5 in 2015 and what's he? We have enough guys like him IMO. We need starting caliber corners.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Given the reaction on Twitter, a ton of Jets fans are not prepared or capable of being patient for a rebuild

Yup. This fanbase is not patient enough at all to do a proper rebuild. Ownership/Front Office would have to tune them out. 

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What does this even mean?  No one in the organization cares what the fans think.  Some of you are growing more delusional by the minute.

Ummm, just for the record, you have absolutely zero idea what people in the organization think.

And I never said that they cared. All I said is that they would have to tune them out.

12 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:
Trevor Siemian - QB -  Broncos

USA Today's Tom Pelissero "would't be surprised" if the Jets called the Broncos about Trevor Siemian, should Tony Romo land in Denver.

Romo would make Siemian expendable, and likely available for a third- through fifth-round pick. There were rumors the 49ers and Bills might have Siemian interest, but San Francisco signed Brian Hoyer, and Buffalo restructured Tyrod Taylor's deal. The Jets whiffed on Hoyer and appear to have lost out on free agent Mike Glennon to Chicago. Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg round out the current quarterback depth chart in New York.

Mar 8 - 8:54 PM

I wouldn't give up a 3rd, 4th, or 5th round pick for Siemian. Maybe a 7th. But that's about it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Cooper is so overrated. He's an athletic freak but he can't cover. He's a depth player at best.

23 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Then we should be able to get him cheap .

If we get him cheap I have no problem with it. Investing any type of somewhat serious salary cap money in him is a mistake.

19 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It's almost as if you don't remember trying this 2 years ago.

Completely different approach the Jets took 2 years ago. Revis, Cromartie, Marshall, Fitz were all over 30 and even though Marshall and Revis were still good in their 1st season their best days were behind them. Just like McLendon and Forte last year.

Hightower is a young player that can grow with the team. He could actually play out his contract.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yet, all of those players add significantly more value than an inside linebacker.

Not if their best days are behind them when they get here. What value did Cromartie add? In the long run, Revis and Marshall added zero value besides one season where we failed to make the playoffs. Hightower can grow with the team.

I'm not saying paying him $12 million is a good idea. I just like that the Jets are interested in a young player whose very good at his position instead of an old player who use to be one of the best at his.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Statistically speaking, Hightowers best days are behind him.

PFF would disagree with you. They grade him out at a high level.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We won't  be making the playoffs next year with hightower.  Hey I agree that if you are going after FA it is better to get a younger guy but the team appears to be 'over investing; in a position as they have done in the past.  We have drafted 3 lbs in the past two years.

Like I said, I wasn't necessarily in favor of giving him a massive offer. I just value him as a young player whose one of the better ones at his position. He's somebody who could grow with the team going forward.

38 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Maybe the convo is like this:
"You are a professional back-up QB and if we sign you, you will probably be the best QB we have but you still are a backup QB starting for us...follow?"

The idea that a guy is going to sign with the Jets to be a backup QB only doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless he has no other options. What do the Jets offer to a guy like McCown that other teams can't offer besides the possibility of playing time. It's not like they are a top team that has a chance of winning a SB.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company