C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Heard Phil Savage speak on NFL Sirius radio, said after watching the QB workouts Watson is the only QB worthy of a 1st round selection. Cites Watsons games vs Alabama where he beat vitually an NFL defense (speed) twice. Needs work but believes Watson is studious & has the IT factor (leader) you look for in a QB. Interesting.

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 9.25.27 AM.jpg

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, Butterfield said:

Wow, thats unbelievable, I was thinking the #2 pick overall, 3rd rounder and another pick for Cousins sounded just about right.  A 2nd rounder instead of the 2nd overall is a huge mistake for Washington.  Who are they planning to play qb this year?  Colt McCoy?

No kidding... this has to be an incorrect report, right? I mean I am pretty sure that a 1st round pick and say a 2nd rd or 3rd round is more likely the compensation back to skins.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Report: Jets "Very" Interested in Ravens FB Kyle Juszczyk

49ers agreed to terms with FB Kyle Juszczyk, formerly of the Ravens.

Juszczyk is an excellent blocker, but also an adept pass catcher, snagging 78 passes over the past two seasons. He'll be a versatile body out of the backfield for creative play-caller Kyle Shanahan. Slowly but surely, the 49ers are at least adding a few viable NFLers to their skill corps. Juszczyk turns 26 in April.

• Upvote 1

Going to be like last year, we have interest in a lot of guys, but we have a set price....

not to worry. Perry and Jefferson... get them agreed to a deal MAC

Just now, Colgateman said:

All signs pointing to Geno coming back

All signs point to Geno still being a sh!tty QB,, and his knee won't be ready till September thank god. pass on this bum

• Upvote 2

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

NO!!!!!!!!

Pats to TRADE FOR Colts' DeWayne Allen!!!!  :angry:

Patriots acquired TE Dwayne Allen and a sixth-round pick from the Colts in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

The surprising move is a result of free agency's moving parts, with the Colts re-signing Jack Doyle and the Pats letting Martellus Bennett walk. Allen has long teased tantalizing upside as a complete tight end, but was extremely disappointing in the first season of a four-year, $29.4 million extension in 2016. Allen was out-played by Doyle, including as a blocker. The Pats clearly believe his game can be revived, while he can be more of a role player if Rob Gronkowski can stay on the field. If not, Allen has the skill-set to be an every-down player, at least in theory.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Kevin Greene was Perry's coach his first 2 years w/GB

i was just about to search this, to see if there was a past relationship there.

Just now, jdeacon said:

The guy is a good player and will find success playing next to Wilk and Williams. Jenkins is your set the edge guy and Mauldin has failed to turn into a passrushing threat. Look i get the fear of a monster contract for the guy but we have been crying from a pass rusher for the longest time. If they think Perry can be the guy who brings 10+ sacks a year from the outside than i say go for it.

Just sack Brady, a lot, and violently... lol 

I can't wait for Thursday when the fun really begins

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the Jets are going to overpay anybody in FA, I would rather it be a 26 year old OLBer with production

yeah i agree, hesitantly

Just now, Sarge4Tide said:

As with every year, once this 1st wave of big money signings gets done, there will be a lot of good players at reasonable contracts waiting to be signed.  I liked Perry, but the Glennon deal is studid

Yup... its not a bad thing to wait and let the first wave go elsewhere, a lot end up being bad deals

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Not if they don't pay their MLB . Gilmore and Butler can be had. Their Lbers are the key to their defense .

I kind of feel like Butler is overrated, decent corner but I don't feel like when I see him play he makes me think he is great.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

We are being saved from ourselves which is good.  I won;t mind if we only sign one or two low price fas and never get desperate for FAs unless you are close to winning.

Yes this is good. Also, there doesn't appear to be much "leaked" info from our F.O. again so far. This is a good thing.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Okay.  Which one do you play out of position?  Wilkerson or Williams? 

trade wilkerson.. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Hahaha.  We couldn't trade him on his rookie deal or his tender.  You are going to be able to trade him now?  What are we going to get?  Two firsts, I am sure!

ha, no unfortunately no one wants him. but ideally he doesn't break his leg to end the 2015 season and we would have been able to trade him.

I still think just watching him and richardson, richardson looks more like more beastly type of player. 

Just now, nyjets782 said:

Good idea, keep the guy who is one joint away from a year long suspension and is a free agent next year and trade the guy you just re-signed and absorb the $26M in dead money.

jesus, it was a statement made as a joke... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sorry.  You do realize what the other guy I am talking to is saying, right?  That might explain why I don't always see sarcasm around here. 

Yeah i get what is being said.. I also realized that it is not easy to see a statement as sarcasm from a lot of posts.. 

all good.

Just now, Beerfish said:

LOL  Brandon Marshall like seize I bet there are a lot of 6'5 football payers out there.

haha.. we could always get Stephen Hill back... do not want Holmes

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I hate being a Jets victim honestly.  Here I sit already trying to spin Cutler into a positive a la Vinny resurrecting his career.  I despise Cutler (he quits too easy imo) though and it makes me sick I'm sitting here trying to find the silver lining...

SMH...... well he had a good year with Bates once, right???? right ??? oh lord it is tough to spin.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

How do you figure. I mean, seriously. FA is not over and the draft has yet to happen. But you automatically assume we will win no more than 4 games. How do you come up with that number? Why do people just throw out those kinds of statements. I truly do not understand. 

So you are telling me if the Jets trade for Cousins and have a great draft, sign some vets to fill holes, they will not win more than 4 games??? They will not, lets say, win 6 game??? 6 games is out of the question. 

Explain. 

this.... FA hasn't even officially started. everyone take a deep breath and....

R-E-L-A-X

Trevor Siemian trade rumors coming from Mortensen.... omg

Hey MAC, just call me.. I'll play QB for cheap.... 

lol

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Semian and a 4 for Sheldon. GO MAC GO MAC GO

no f'n way

just a 6th rd pick for siemian .. 

• Upvote 1

and i wouldn't trade for Siemian

Just now, KRL said:

You have that reversed the trade needs to be Semian and a #4 for Richardson

if we are trading Richardson for a questionable QB... i'd take McCarron over Siemian

Just now, southtown24th said:

Trevor Siemian.  Maybe I will become a Giants fan. **** this sh*t.

no joke... 

Just now, gEYno said:

You didn't ask me, but the answer is neither.

Don't trade picks, and don't overdraft a QB.  Add a veteran insurance policy, hell, even Geno Smith.

Let Hackenberg fail or shock us all, and then address the position aggressively next year.

NOT GENO SMITH.... get over it

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

That's the sentiment I want t see around here > What happens,  happens, but we can show our support for drafted Jets

I think most fans would say the same thing. We would love for Hackenberg, or hell anyone we draft to be the legit Franchise QB we have been looking for, for decades 

Romo to Houston in....

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Cupboard is looking bare for a veteran QB. 

I call Jets trade a conditional 2018 6th rounder to New Orleans for QB Luke McCown who's in the final year of a 2 year deal @ the BARGAIN price of $1.5M for 2017.  OC Morton has a veteran QB to tutor the pups and a player he's worked with from his previous post in NO. 

Let's Give him that Chance to SHINE in 2017! :D

Nah. Reports rare Morton is NOT tied to a system, which says he doesn't need a QB from former team.  If he was wanting to run a specific system then it would be more likely. 

Keep the pick and build the roster with the players MAC wants.  

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Hopefully they get more than chase daniel for richardson but we will see...

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would assume it would be a package

What else are the Eagles sending us then? Richardson for Daniels and who or what draft picks. 

Can't trade Richardson for nothing... and Chase Daniels is essentially nothing. Chase Daniels was is New Orleans, yes, but that doesn't really mean anything since they were running Payton's offense. 

We don't know what Morton's system will look like... It could be more like Harbaugh's. I hope we don't trade for Chase Daniels, I hope we don't trade for any QB.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Why does it bother you? Nobody is asking you to watch...

FWIW, BTW, the comparison is Danny Woodhead to Adrian Peterson. and it's an analogy: showing that correlation does not prove causation.

but Woodhead actually is an NFL player.... Genope is trash

21 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

BTW, I am overjoyed that Geno Smith will not be a part of this team next year. As if I needed another reason to drink today. :)

Amen

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Want a hard nosed player who is also a team leader and knows the position like no other... TRADE FOR THIS BEAST!!!!!!!

maybe if he wasn't coming off of achilles surgery, after coming back from major knee reconstruction.... those 2 injuries together would scare me away if I were GM, oh and the $9.5 mil a year.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company