C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

One of the best weeks of the NFL year. Can't wait to see how each team transforms over the next few days.

are the jets going to win the off season again?

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

For us, Foles, Kaepernick, or McCown. I'm not sure they would resign Geno, although that is a possibility.

forgetting about cutler?  with cutler they'd be getting a qb with a fairly short shelf life. it's all about the money.  if cutler came in and started for a season it wouldn't be the end of hack.  it might be the end of petty.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I would be okay with Nick Foles coming in to compete.

if they're planning on bringing in a vet expressily to back up hack/petty then does it really matter who?  to me it doesn't seem to.  just about anyone will work out for the right price as long as they have the right attitude.

29 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

eh Hoyer gone but you could speculate

1.  If they were serious about Hoyer that means they are serious about Petty\Hack taking over

2. Hoyer wanted to start so maybe he felt he would not beat out Petty\Hack

so looks like we are headed so far to Petty\Hack (my horse is Petty)

kinda of thinking the same way.  of course it could be that they will be drafting trubitsky or watson too.  or maybe not.  mac has got everyone guessing so far.  everyone is so focused on the qb what happened to all the other free agents who the jets might want to sign?

8 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

If Bowles does get fired after this year so will the bran new offensive coordinator. So even if a guy like Petty, Hack, or some young kid in the draft shows some promise, he might be forced to learn a new system anyway.

We tear thru offensive coordinators. Schotty, Sparano, Morningweg, Gailey, Morton. All since 2011.

schitty was there for 5 seasons.  why it took so long.......

here's a good thought.  if the bears sign glennon then maybe they don't use their no. 3 draft pick for a qb.  the jags have a qb. that leaves just cleveland and the 49ers left to select one of the top qb's in this years draft.  so there's a good chance that watson or trubisky may be available at no. 6.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I came across this from Dec 2016.  

•  Speaking of the Raiders, they’ve got a little spending to do over the next few months. The CBA set cash-spending floors for teams over two four-year periods—2013-16 and 2017-20. Over each of those, every club must spend to 89 percent of the cap in cash. And with the end of the first period upon us (to clarify from the earlier edition of the story, they have until the end of the league year in March) , the NFLPA will release figures this week that show the Raiders are the only team that hasn’t yet reached the threshold, according to a union source. Oakland is close and may be able to get there naturally as players hit incentives over the coming weeks, and have players like Derek Carr and Khalil Mack that would be worth extending and will be eligible for new deals as soon as the season ends. Also, the requirement that the league-wide spend exceed 95 percent of the cap over that four-year period has already been met. All of this means each team spent in excess of a half-billion dollars on players between 2013 and ’16, and players have taken home a total of around $17 billion total in cash over that time.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/01/atlanta-falcons-dan-quinn-collapse-nfl-notes

pretty soon the nfl is going to be like the nba in guaranteeing salaries or making sure that the contracts have to even out between teams if they make trades.  i wonder if the nfl has a plan for when the revenues start going down?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company