C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

It is sooooooooo tempting to start a "Jets Sign Geno Smith to new 5 Year, 55 million dollar deal" thread.

Or better, a "Jets in negotiation to resign Fitzpatrick while waiting for Hack to Develop" thread.

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Very interesting!

Single most predictable piece of news possible.  Cousins wants to be with Shanny, and Shanny wants to me with Cousins.  If a trade can be figured out, it's a done deal.  Skins can't/refuse to afford Cousins, and Cousins is bitter at the Skins and wants out.

56 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

rumor is the redskins will get SF's 2, 3, and another pick for Cousins and picks

By 2 do you mean overall pick #2, or a 2nd rounder?

Because there is no chance the Skins move Cousins for a 2nd round pick and some toss in.

ESPN this morning was all but guaranteeing that if the deal got done, it would be for the #2 overall pick and then some.

3 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The report I saw was 34, 66, and change. which makes sense because of the contract issue, but also seems like a huge mistake for the skins.

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

No chance of that happening IMO.

Just now, munchmemory said:

Please, please tell me you know Cutler and just got off the phone to confirm your comment.

One of my unnamed sources, which are just as valid as 99% of sports medias unnamed sources, has assured me that Culter is not coming to the Jets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I've been attending games and otherwise watching on TV since the mid-1960s.  After a while, SOJFs like me tire of the "Hess knows what he's doing", "Gutman is an ace", "Steinberg will right the ship with his expertise", "Trust in Tanny", "Trust in Coslet", "Trust in Rex", "We got lucky to find a team as skillful as Bowles and Mcc" chants.  Doesn't change my love for the team.  Just makes me more apt to quaff more booze and pop a Zoloft or two.

I'm sorry you're old and tired, but please do not presume you have some special form of unique fan-martyrdom the rest of us don't.  

I'll say it as clearly as I can, your being tired doesn't make your original post any less foolish.  If you do not understand where this Jets team is right now vs. where the Pats are right now, that's an intellectual failing on your part.  

We all want a winner.  Most of us can differentiate why the Jets and the Pats, today, are in different places with different abilities/desires to spend X on Y player.

Last I checked, this is a message board where we vent and/or share our opinions about the team.   

It is, which is what allows me to be critical of your opinions.  The freedom to comment goes both ways, you can whine, I can be critical of your whine purely for the content of that whine.

• Upvote 1

Chase Daniels, 7th-year backup with absolutely no record of anything good whatsoever.  A failure everywhere he's been so far.

Pass.  There are a half dozen mid-round kids every draft that can be a Chase Daniels #3 QB for less money.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Now why don't you SHUT THE H-E-L-L UP. 

Telling one of the most intelligent guys we have to shut up, makes you look kinda silly.  Just FYI Gramps.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Now thaaaaaaaaaaaaat's a bit of a stretch if I've heard one around these parts. :rolleyes:

/shrug

There are few folks here I have more intellectual respect for than Doggin.

But YMMV I suppose.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company