C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

I think the Jets should go after a solid RT and give Shell a shot at LT.  I think he would be at least better than Ben and they could provide him help on passing downs with a decent In line TE

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Ah i thought I remembered him getting hurt in 2015 when he was off to a hot start. Looked up and I'm wrong, sucks we have had 2 2nd round picks from the same draft who can't put it together

He is going to turn it around....grow up and catch 50 passes next season....don't u worry.....

my wish list

Riley Reiff - young and can play both sides

Perry

Hoyer

and would not mind L.Murray from Raiders but that would be risky if Fournette there at 6

eh Hoyer gone but you could speculate

1.  If they were serious about Hoyer that means they are serious about Petty\Hack taking over

2. Hoyer wanted to start so maybe he felt he would not beat out Petty\Hack

so looks like we are headed so far to Petty\Hack (my horse is Petty)

Just now, The Crusher said:

First of all he would have to know who the heck Petty and Hackenburgh are first. He probably doesn't 

he will if he doesnt

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, something tells me that wasn't what made the decision for him. 

why who does the 49rs have?

Just now, The Crusher said:

Well after that he needs to change his occupation if he doesn't think he cant beat either of them out. 

lol Petty was way better College QB that he.....and he wishes he had the arm Petty has to hit outside hash

A new offensive minded coach who was the assistant of the year...

The Jets have a staff that will possibly be gone in a years time. I don't think any QB in the league fears competition from Petty and Hack. They suck.

who do they have for QB - and whatever on the staff that actually came from dismal Browns please...

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

This ain't college 

no this is a jets forum...please keep up

• Upvote 1

You're missing the point, clearly. He would beat out "Petty and Hack" just as easily as he'd beat out "nobody." The idea that he's picking the 9ers because of the competition Petty and Hack provide is utter lunacy.

no you are avoiding the Point - at 49rs Hoyer has clear shot to start 2017 even if they make a pick for QB

at Jets there would be QB competition where he would need to beat out Petty and Hack - which I think he would lose.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

kinda of thinking the same way.  of course it could be that they will be drafting trubitsky or watson too.  or maybe not.  mac has got everyone guessing so far.  everyone is so focused on the qb what happened to all the other free agents who the jets might want to sign?

they cant sign anyone until tomorrow unless that player has already been cut

LOL no, I understand what you're saying. You're just wrong. I was sarcastically making the point that Petty and Hack both suck and are clearly inferior to Hoyer. He would have nothing to fear from them. I assure you, nobody who isn't a Jets fan thinks Petty/Hack are better than Hoyer.

well we shall see this summer wont we - who is right and who is wrong

Well no, since Hoyer didn't sign with the Jets. Unless you're wagering that Petty or Hack will outperform Hoyer, in which case I'm pretty confident seeing as it's unlikley either guy starts for the Jets.

yes i am saying one of the Petty\Hack will out play Hoyer

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Okay.  Then they would need one OLB if they kicked Jenkins inside. ;)

FWIW, I am not particularly impressed with Mauldin as a situational pass rusher either.

There is NO WAY Jenkins gets "Kicked Inside" that is just silly talk

amd it is ok to sign Perry and have more than 2 OLB - each team needs 4-5 anyway to spell

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Mauldin was suppose to make a jump and he didn't. He is viewed as a situational pass rusher and valuable in only that role.

Mauldin is not going anywhere if they sign Perry - starters on outside would be Jenkins and Perry while Mauldin would be in some sub packages but it sure would mean Mauldin years are numbered with jets

I hope they sign Lemonier actually as well so our 4 main are Perry, Jenkins, Mauldin, and Lemonier for 2017

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

There are no other options..  Barkley?  McGroin?  pfft..

Geno is coming back.  Embrace it.

Fitz is still an option if he came back on the cheap

• Thumb Down 5

1 minute ago, thadude said:

For me to poop on

Fitz is probably the best Back up QB out there

• Thumb Down 3

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo

Browns have a legit shot at landing S Tony Jefferson, are offering him the most money by far, sources tell me + @RapSheet. Ravens in it too.

I think they should go draft FS like Josh Jones from NC or Osi

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

If you like gay qb who can't throw past 2 yards

well hopefully being a back up - he never has to throw at all

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is ******* dumb. And I like Nick Perry.

well u sh avert ur eyes when he sacks brady

Just now, dbatesman said:

Fill it out with cheap young guys with upside, not guys angling for a big second contract.

woody J thanks you from the bottom of his wallet

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

His price under contract is supposed to be around $6.4M which seems pretty fair when Hoyer is getting that much. If they were interested I would have considered a trade.  

One thing about Macc and co - they run a tight ship no leaks and they are unpredictable...which is refreshing....Idziot was unpredictable too but in a moronic kind of way.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Petty had a chance to play in 2016 and did not to me look like a starter. This is not a guy a go with in 2017. He's on the team but not our starter. 

well in fact right now he is the starting QB and he looked pretty good to me considering.  I would like to see what he does in pre season against Hack

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He didn't look good to me. The regular season is not a try out for a Qb. We are supposed to go with a Qb who can win games. Not a development project. 

That rule in some handbook somewhere?

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

LOVE this idea. McCarron is sneaky good.

McCarron has a weak arm...will not make good use of Anderson and Smith

• Upvote 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Let's see Smith step on the field before we start tailoring the offense to his skills, eh?

ok then just Anderson

59 minutes ago, derp said:

Wasn't the whole Hackenberg thing called from a mile away predraft last year? That's the worst kind of thing to have leak IMO.

I don't mind if you find out they're negotiating with a guy they're already negotiating with, but if information about guys you're targeting in the draft goes public on a regular basis it's going to put you at a severe disadvantage.

Macc scouted him and a lot of others...not sure it was leaked that he would take him was just a good guess based on spying on Macc

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IDZIK

Lol Idziot isnt the GM he is there water\wipping boy accountant

eh Cutler is an ass and would set the team back at least 1 year but it might be worth it for a little fun for 1 season ....whats 1 season out of the billion I have suffered anyway....- i dunno i struggle with this one

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd point out that our waterboy just got rebuffed by Brian Hoyer. 

yes because Hoyer was butt hurt when Macc offered him what he was really worth

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company