C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Interesting that they only offered backup money. Maybe they aren't as low on Hack and Petty as we all think.

I don't know if that says all that.  8-10 makes sense for a guy who hasn't started a game in years.  It's a bit of a prove it deal, and the Bears bid against themselves.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Just read this in an article about McCarron..  I was struck with how our current QBs are regarded.  lol  I can't imagine being Petty and Hack reading that.

The Jets figure to be among them after letting Ryan Fitzpatrick go this offseason. All the Jets have now is Bryce Petty who has shown nothing to make New York believe he’s ready to be anything more than a decent backup in the NFL.

Even though the Jets spent a second-round pick on Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg last year, all indications are he’s a mess with little-to-no starting potential.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/9/14868636/nfl-trade-rumors-jets-aj-mccarron-deal-sheldon-richardson

Obviously the folks at cincyjungle have never heard of mechanics.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That is one sad remaining list.  I went out and said it would be Chase Daniel and I am sticking to it.  Draft pick or player cost is the issue.

Macc should be quartered if he trades a pick for a QB at this point.

• Upvote 1

There is not one single logical explanation for a Cutler signing, given the current state of the team.  So, yeah, we can probably count on it.  Also, he'd be the best QB we've had since half a season of Favre.

• Upvote 1

Just now, PepPep said:

How do you figure. I mean, seriously. FA is not over and the draft has yet to happen. But you automatically assume we will win no more than 4 games. How do you come up with that number? Why do people just throw out those kinds of statements. I truly do not understand. 

So you are telling me if the Jets trade for Cousins and have a great draft, sign some vets to fill holes, they will not win more than 4 games??? They will not, lets say, win 6 game??? 6 games is out of the question. 

Explain. 

4 games would be pretty good, considering it's 2 games per good player on the team.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Cutler is signed and it is not cheap. I am done with this franchise and fanbase. The synergy of idiocy will continue

Well, there's our silver lining.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i just read they're trying to trade for trevor simien.  wtf

I said earlier that Macc should be quartered if he trades a pick for a QB at this point.  I stand by that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Gun to head. Him or Jay Cutler?

Bullet.

• Upvote 3

Clearly this fanbase just expects the worst which usually means that the worst will happen.

People just want them to fail. And it pisses me off because these are, for the most part, good people. I have never seen a franchise where everybody wants them to do the wrong thing

Oh for ****s sake.  Literally everyone wants them to do exactly what you've been menstruating about them doing, and the fans allowing them to do, for the past two years.

Don't deplete draft resources on a QB that isn't the future of the team and don't sign expensive stop gap veterans.

The proper rebuild, and now, when rumors swirl, people are opposed to those rumors, and now everyone wants them to do the wrong thing?  Make up your mind.

• Upvote 2

The media wants them to do it. 

You need a tinfoil hat.

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This fanbase expects the worst because, for practically the entirety of our history, the worst does happen. And maybe, just maybe, that's the fault of the "good people" (?) making the decisions, not a bunch of guys sitting in front of their computers. 

How many super bowl rings do you think the Jets would have if people were less mean on the internet?

If you think the regime is stupid, then WTF are you doing here? If you don't buy in, why are you here? Because you want to sit back and watch the house fall down?

One could ask the same thing about the guy who sits around and criticizes Jets fans, yet is one of the most active posters on a website which solely exists for Jets fans to communicate with one another.

• Upvote 2

Just now, KRL said:

The season of "misinformation is in full swing!!!  The one thing I don't want to see from Maccagnan this

off-season is trading away ANY picks.  We need to be obtaining more not giving them away for anybody

If you think this, you're a bad fan being manipulated by the media... I just learned that right here in this thread.

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

What is your thought on this KRL......Would you draft DeShawn Watson at #6, or would you be more inclined to trade for a guy like AJ McCarron and get an additional pick?

You didn't ask me, but the answer is neither.

Don't trade picks, and don't overdraft a QB.  Add a veteran insurance policy, hell, even Geno Smith.

Let Hackenberg fail or shock us all, and then address the position aggressively next year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stark said:

NOT GENO SMITH.... get over it

Get over what exactly?

Just now, Lupz27 said:

I also have a realistic side of my thought process thou, and the most realistic outcome is the Jets are scrambling for an answer at QB again this time next season.

It's early, but there are two prospects who project to be better than any of the QBs in the current draft, so being in this position next year, possibly with an even better pick, is actually a good thing for this team.  Perhaps not as good as Hackenberg shocking us all, but certainly more realistic.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tinstar said:

Everyone and their mother is on this Darnold train, but I think I prefer the Rosen bus .

Either one would be the best QB prospect we've drafted since I've been a fan.  The best thing for this franchise would be to finish bottom two next year.

• Upvote 3

NFL stunner: Texans trade QB Brock Osweiler AND a 2018 second-round pick to Cleveland for the Browns to take Osweiler’s $16M salary of Houston’s books, per league sources. The move clears out millions in salary-cap space for Houston to intensify efforts to sign former Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, per sources. To be exact, Houston saves $16 million in cash and $10 million against their cap this season. The Texans also will get the Browns’ fourth-round pick this year in exchange for their own 6th-round pick. So Cleveland gets Osweiler’s contract, a 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick, and Houston gets Cleveland’s 2017 fourth-round pick, saves $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash. Cleveland is not committed to keeping Osweiler and is likely to try to trade him, per sources. If so, it would turn into a basketball-like trade in which NBA teams routinely trade contracts to get them off their books; only it rarely, if ever, happens in the NFL. It’s hard to remember in the salary-cap era another team when a team traded a contract to get it off its books. But Houston was so anxious to rid itself of Osweiler and move on to its next quarterbacking chapter that it is giving Cleveland extra picks to take him and his contract. The Browns headed into this free-agent signing period with over $100 million worth of salary-cap space and would struggle to spend it all. Now they can devote some of it to Osweiler’s contract and acquiring extra draft picks from Houston. But this is one of the most, if not the most, creative trade in NFL history.

Just now, Jet Life said:

Nice move for the Browns. They have tons of space. Can afford to absorb some bad contracts and take picks back in return. They have no intentions of keeping Oswieler

Really smart move by the Browns.

Even better if they can flip him again for an extra 3rd or so.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man wish the Jets did this, you can cut Brock after this season with little to no cap hit, and get a free 2nd rounder.

Probably too expensive for the Jets to hold this season.  We've got like 30M to the Browns 100M right now.

Don't know if this is posted, but looks like DeSean Jackson to the Bucs.  Good move for them, I'd think.

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

At the end of the day, it's easier to get rid of the fans (move) than get rid of the owner

Not that easy to get rid of fans, either.  We've all been trying to get rid of you, without any success.

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

A Venn diagram of the people bitching about cupcakes, the people bitching about not signing Hightower, and the people bitching about overpaying for Hightower consists of three circles twelve feet away from one another.

Gin and Tacos?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As per usual, the Jets fans will complain at either outcome. They will whine and bitch about cupcakes and not getting a player from New England, or they will complain about overpaying a guy.

Hard hitting stuff... So, in a group that literally includes hundreds of thousands of people, there will be differing opinions?  Wow!

24 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Because Rebuilding doesn't have to mean stinking up the Joint on every given Sunday .

It's almost as if you don't remember trying this 2 years ago.

29 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Completely different approach the Jets took 2 years ago. Revis, Cromartie, Marshall, Fitz were all over 30 and even though Marshall and Revis were still good in their 1st season their best days were behind them. Just like McLendon and Forte last year.

Hightower is a young player that can grow with the team. He could actually play out his contract.

Yet, all of those players add significantly more value than an inside linebacker.

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

2 years ago, the Jets had to spend money, and they did . 2 men who had never held the positions they were given had to show that they were worthy of the positions . The GM won executive of the year with the moves he made and the HC took over a team that stunk and led it to 10 wins with a back-up QB  . I had a problem with the signing of Revis but I understood . I had a problem with Fitzpatrick being the starting QB, but what was the team to do when fans were celebrating  stupidity by the QB who should have been the starter and a kid who has anger issues .

Last yr, I would never had resigned Fitzpatrick but I understand why he was resigned after the year he had . Last year was the year to tear the team down, but how could you do that when the team had just won 10 games and everyone was drunk with tainted wine . Fitzpatrick almost gave this team the opportunity it needed, but he came back and after that, the season couldn't have played out any better . All the old guys got hurt or sucked and many of the kids got to play.

The rebuild started last season, and it's continuing, but what people need to understand is while you rebuild, you can't do it by adding garbage, but solid blocks .  The Outside Line backers are a bunch of kids led by an Inside Linebacker  who's all but done as a player but can still be a the mental leader . Replacing that with a mental leader who can also be a physical leader is a solid building block .

This would be a great move by the Jets .

The funny thing is, if he goes home to NE, it will look like he used the Jets, but who cares . We save the cap space we were going to give him and NE uses that cap space on him. If he comes here, we gain a solid building block . Where would we lose in all this .

We'd lose by overpaying a less valuable position.  As I said in one of the threads specifically about this, imagining this gave us the best ILB duo in the league, there's not that much value in having the best ILB duo in the league when compared to all other options.  And, the reality is, we wouldn't have the best ILB duo in the league, but we'd have paid the 2nd highest salary for one player and invested a 1st rounder in the other.  It's just bad value and allocation of resources.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

I had to look up the offensive age curve after seeing this.  Its much more graceful decline compared to some of these steep drop offs on the defensive side.

A rough, and general conclusion from this is, don't give 2nd contracts to CBs or LBs.

• Upvote 3

Just now, NYJ37/12 said:

There are exceptions, such as our very own Mo Lewis who made the pro bowl and all pro teams starting at age 27-30. Not saying hightower is one of those guys.

the use of the word "general" was quite intentional.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Not if their best days are behind them when they get here. What value did Cromartie add? In the long run, Revis and Marshall added zero value besides one season where we failed to make the playoffs. Hightower can grow with the team.

I'm not saying paying him $12 million is a good idea. I just like that the Jets are interested in a young player whose very good at his position instead of an old player who use to be one of the best at his.

Statistically speaking, Hightowers best days are behind him.

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

And David Harris should be rooming with the Crypt keeper, so what . One guy is still capable on the field and in the class room and the other guy isn't .  Every Room on an NFL team needs a veteran and when you can get one with this resume at his age, you do it. The Jets can absorb this contract for the next 3 years without a problem, so why not .

We don't have 1 player on this team carrying a crazy cap figure that can't be gotten rid of  .

You're acting like our only option is Hightower or Harris.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company