C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Mike Silver is saying the 49ers are likely to acquire Kirk Cousins.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I thought the Redskins franchises him? 

Do you not understand what 'acquire' means?

52 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nope.  Had to use google.  Unfortunately, the dictionary I used didnt explain how a team acquires a player who's been franchised by another team. 

Guffaw.

18 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Am I the only one who thinks ASJ can be a successful starting Tight End? Dude can block and has solid hands. He was Winstons go to guy until he got hurt

It wasn't an injury that derailed him. If we don't get s TE in this draft class, this years version of WR class s couple years ago, then Mac failed.

Nobody discussing the rumors that we're hot on Nick Perry?

He's a guy I actually want us to sign.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Nick perry would be excellent signing 

Dumerville is getting cut by Ravens too.

Shannahan coached him in Cleveland. 

This leaves the following options:

• Jay Cutler
  • AJ McCarron (needs to be traded)
  • Nick Foles (I believe the Chiefs are not bringing him back)
  • Luke McCown (my personal dark horse, haven't heard his name mentioned by anyone)
  • Chase Daniel (Philly clearly wants to trade him)
  • Matt Barkley (FA)
  • Sanchez (FA)
  • Trevor Semian (trade-able if Denver gets Romo)
  • Romo (not coming to Jets, obviously)
  • Kaep 
  • Fitz
  • Geno

I cannot think of, and haven't heard buzz, anyone else at the moment. 

was buzz that the Jets liked this guy

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

NO!!!!!!!!

Pats to TRADE FOR Colts' DeWayne Allen for ONLY a 6th!!!!  :angry:

Patriots acquired TE Dwayne Allen and a sixth-round pick from the Colts in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

The surprising move is a result of free agency's moving parts, with the Colts re-signing Jack Doyle and the Pats letting Martellus Bennett walk. Allen has long teased tantalizing upside as a complete tight end, but was extremely disappointing in the first season of a four-year, $29.4 million extension in 2016. Allen was out-played by Doyle, including as a blocker. The Pats clearly believe his game can be revived, while he can be more of a role player if Rob Gronkowski can stay on the field. If not, Allen has the skill-set to be an every-down player, at least in theory.
Related: Colts

Mar 8 - 4:27 PM

Dude, the Pats are giving up a 4th. 

They get back Allen and a 6th.

Solid trade for the new Indy GM. Grigson made it tough to cheer for them (my wife's team). I'm hoping this new guy is much, much better.

24 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

This is something I suggested. I hope it happens, both guys HAVE to be traded by their respective teams... just get us a draft pick to go along with McCarron.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Chris Mortensen‏ @mortreport

Kirk Cousins appealed personally to owner Dan Snyder for a trade but was basically told not to get his hopes up, per sources.

lol, Snyder is right for wanting to keep a good QB... but what a sh*t show to let it get to this point. 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

I wasn't expecting to be involved with day 1 expensive players but dang this is a still a  bummer

It's been Jax, Browns, Bears and Bills all making noise.

I'm not sweating it. Won't change much. That Browns OL is nice though.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Cupboard is looking bare for a veteran QB. 

I call Jets trade a conditional 2018 6th rounder to New Orleans for QB Luke McCown who's in the final year of a 2 year deal @ the BARGAIN price of $1.5M for 2017.  OC Morton has a veteran QB to tutor the pups and a player he's worked with from his previous post in NO. 

Let's Give him that Chance to SHINE in 2017! :D

I've been saying Luke McCown and AJ McCarron are both contractually in the same situation. Ideally we can add one of them at the "low cost" threshold.

19 minutes ago, KRL said:

Picks can not be traded for stop gap players.  We have to acquire more picks, sign Nick Foles or use

Richardson to acquire a backup QB (McCarron or Daniels) and a pick

More picks.

This is a draft that is deep in many positions, not necessarily QB, but positions we need as many swings as possible at filling. 

The more picks the better.

Honestly, the Browns are a silly organization (we aren't much better), but I love their mindset to attempt moneyball in the NFL. Still have to use the picks on the right guys, but the concept is novel.

37 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 18 hours ago

Rams free agent RB Benny Cunningham will visit the Jets. Explosive returner and third down back

Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles both available. We interview Benny Cunningham.

2 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

First, neither would come here. Second both are old backs coming off injuries.

Looks at Matt Forte... looks at this response.... Looks at Matt Forte again.

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

First, neither would come here. Second both are old backs coming off injuries.

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Looks at Matt Forte... looks at this response.... Looks at Matt Forte again.

50 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

In fairness I don't see why the fact that Matt Forte was a bad signing changes the fact that signing AD or Charles makes zero sense.

Forte came here, regardless of it being the Jets, and was coming off an injury. And he happens to be the same class of old stud RB, as the other two. Bad signing has nothing to do with the discussion points. Signing Rams cast-offs makes zero sense too. If you want a vet RB, at least get a guy worth the excitement.

47 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Powell outplayed Forte all season. Forte wasn't even very good last season, he also wasn't coming off a serious knee injury. This draft is loaded with rbs why would we sign Peterson or Charles.

Forte was a beast the first 4 months. Then, Fitz fell apart, and so did the OL, while the OC ran him up the gut - which he has NEVER been good at his whole career. Powell was a nice spark, but Forte was also utilized wrong. I have been one of Powell's biggest chearleaders for 3 years. Regardless, your point was that a old stud coming off injury wouldn't come here.

That's exactly what Forte did. It diproves both of your points, regardless of where you want to redirect the argument.

8 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Forte was also coming to a team that won 10 games the year before and a fringe playoff team. This team has been dismantled and AP and Charles are looking for 2 things: one last pay day and a contender. I don't think the Jets will fit either criteria this coming year. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Ya he came here after we were coming off a good season. Not after a sh*t show we had last season.

Sent from my LG-H910 using JetNation.com mobile app

Irrelevant.

He came here because we gave him the best contract. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah the Forte thing, we go hard after one of the best pass catching backs out there and then take him out on 3rd downs.  Now Powell did a gin job in that regard but if that was the plann we should have gone after a better pure runner than fortee

We did, in Khiry Robinson, but he keeps breaking his leg.

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

If we traded Sheldon straight up for Chase ******* Daniels.  I think I might considering bombing Florham Park. 

Chase is about to be cut.

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

Pennel's an interesting signing; he's a nose tackle type (333 pounds) and I'd guess he's basically coming in for a roster battle with McClendon (cutting McLendon after training camp would save the team almost 3M on this year's cap and an additional 3.25 next year) as the backup to Simon at NT.

McClendon should be trade-able on that contract. Even if we get a 5th for him... he's a good player.

EJ Manuel signed before Geno. With a playoff team.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Danny Woodhead signed before Adrian Peterson.  

Must be a better player.

e321905e0c11073bdb9075b62a4669e3cca689a8

• Upvote 1

I like Rivera, would be a smart addition.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Danny Woodhead signed before Adrian Peterson.  

Must be a better player.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I like Rivera, would be a smart addition.

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Peter Schrager‏ @PSchrags 

Free Agent TE Mychal Rivera, most recently of the Raiders, will be taking a visit with the Jets on Monday. @gmfb @NFLonFOX

I win!

Josh McCown pretty much makes us a lock for pretty much the Jetsiest of all Jetsy outcomes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

NY Daily News reporting that ESPN signed Rex Ryan to mult-year contract, to be part of NFL Sunday Night Countdown.

No word yet from Mehta as to whether Rex has gained any weight this off season.

But, but, butt.... I was told that teams would line up to hire Rex's defensive geniuzzzzzzzzzz

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

No offense to you friend, but I f*cking hate it when people say this to try and justify signing a sh*tty player. 

Only thing worse, right now, is the "he'll be a good mentor/bridge" remark. Which acknowledges the willful acceptance of the uselessness of the guy being discussed.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bitching about the QB situation. Sad you cant read. 

You bitch about everything, dong act like any of it is warranted. It's just the way of the dim.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

7/26/17, 8:40 PM

#Ravens QB Joe Flacco is preparing to miss 3-6 wks with a disc issue in his back. Out at least a week or 2, sources tell me & @TomPelissero.

Trade them mccownMcCown 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL)

8/9/17, 11:18 AM

Broncos interested in a QB according to some reports...what happen with all that "how great Lynch looked this spring talk?

Petty will go there and stud.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company