C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I know Rex is like "If I was still the coach I would have told the front office that this kid is only good against a 50 year old Vince Wilfork" lol. 

At least the Bills don't let us down.

• Upvote 3

Wow

According to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, Jacksonville is signing former Texans cornerback A.J. Bouye to a five-year, $67.5 million deal. The contract is set to pay Bouye $44 million over the first three years.

Russell Okung is staying in the AFC West.

Two weeks after the Broncos declined Okung's 2017 option, the veteran left tackle agreed to terms with the Chargers on a four-year, $53 million contract with $13.25 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the deal.

Best 101 free agents left (Updated)   Harrison: Romo landing spots   Debate: Alshon's best team fits   Top 16 free agents from '16   Wesseling: Jets need reality check   Free Agency: Who will spend the most?   Schein: Best 30-plus free agents   Overpriced free agents | Best Bargains   2017 Combine: Overall winners and losers
The Bolts edged out the Vikings, who were also courting Okung to join freshly signed Riley Reiff.

Okung took advantage of a weak tackle market to revive his value after a disappointing one-year Broncos stint that featured too many penalties and QB pressures. The 2010 first-round pick has started 88 of a possible 112 games in Seattle and Denver over seven NFL seasons.

Ranked No. 46 on Around The NFL's list of the Top 100 free agents, Okung figures to take over at left tackle in Los Angeles, kicking King Dunlap to the right side as D.J. Fluker's replacement.

If the offensive line stays healthy -- a huge "if" -- the Chargers have the talent to surprise as a playoff contender in their first Los Angeles season since 1960

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They drafted Derek Carr in the second round. We drafted Christian Hackenberg and are currently begging John Elway to trade us Trevor ******* Simien.

Yes that Super Star Safety we drafted looks better by the minute.  

#ThanksIdzik!

• Upvote 1

Carolina Panthers trade DE Kony Ealy to Patriots

The Panthers announced Friday that the Patriots have shipped their second-round pick south in exchange for pass-rusher Kony Ealy and Carolina's third-round selection.

Hardly a sack master and we can't get a bag of biscuits for Sheldon.

• Upvote 1

Just off topic, but I had to laugh at the Power Ranking for the Jets. The break down is so funny

RANK
 JETS
Remember when you were a kid and your folks got you a bike for Christmas? You were so geeked for a new year with wheels. Then somewhere along the line, often after weeks in denial, you realized that your bike was not black and gold with cool mags, gears or a sticker that said Mongoose. Nope, yours was an orange-and-yellow Huffy that had one speed, thus requiring Maurice Jones-Drew's legs to pedal up a hill. Feel like that is what Todd Bowles is going through right now. Imagine, on the same day the Patriots acquired Brandin Cooks, the Jets signed a long snapper.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Remember that time with Browning Nagle?

Yes it's like Stephen Hills, first game as a Jet..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pcola said:

That is a great that is a funny write up.  Just out of curiosity, who the heck was 32?  I ask because I don't have a clue who would be worse, maybe SF?

The Browns.

9 hours ago, Pcola said:

I think an argument can be made that the Browns roster is better if not right now, after the the draft.  Without a doubt. 

Well I think your right actually.

This is what they said about the Browns:-

Here is a simple, highly convoluted explanation for what the Browns pulled off in the Brock Osweiler trade. Your neighborhood used-car dealer, Possum Kingdom Pontiac, wants to sell you a beater for 3K because they have 3K in it already. You know they can't get rid of it, because the car has an AM/FM cassette, a cracked engine block and sucks. So you get a loan from the bank to pay for it, but you tell the dealer you want $1,500 cash back that they can put on next year's accounting books for you taking the car off their hands right now. You take the beater car home, sell it to someone for what it's really worth -- about 2K -- add it to your $1,500 cash, then invest the $500 profit. Here's even more genius that nobody's talking about: Much like investors shorting a stock, betting that a company's value will plummet, perhaps Cleveland management is banking on a hypothetical in which the Texans lose out on Tony Romo, Tom Savage gets hurt (again) and Houston goes 6-10. Consequently, that 2018 second-round pick the Browns received significantly jumps in value. The Browns could use it or deal it for even more picks. Sorry for all this ... I watched "The Big Short" last night.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000792983/article/nfl-power-rankings-free-agency-pushing-giants-toward-no-1

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

I TRULY have NO IDEA what this Jets team will be by opening day September. QB? OLB?  #1WR ? (Decker will be a gimped #2), #1CB?, FS?,TE?, Kicker? TYPE OF OFFENSE?!?!?!?!?

LOL! I'm not angrily complaining like some others here who tend to blow gaskets more frequently, but it's rather comical and (maybe my Condition's been conditioned)  all I can do is laugh. 

NY Jets = Greek Tragedy/Comedy tumblr_inline_n44oavml7u1se0g5i.jpg

So long as we are terrible enough to Draft one of the Top QB's next year I'm good.

9 hours ago, Pcola said:

Probably so.  But I can't imagine redesigning the offense to fit QBs that as of right now probably don't have a long shelf life as starters.  This year is going to be a rough year to watch offensively.

Again. 

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Kevin Minter to the Bengals.

Pissed about this, wasted time on cup cakes for a broken down linebacker. Minter should have be 1A. So glad the Hightower deal fell through.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, slats said:

Well, the Jets got McCown, you knew the Browns were gonna have to retaliate. 

Who got the better deal..

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Horrendous counter-argument. debating on this forum with most here is a waste of time, but that's why we're all here so I'll indulge . . . . 

Ernie Logan - 9th rounder in '91. Off the scrap heap and Jets starting NG for FOUR YEARS

Jason Ferguson - 7th rounder in '97

Kris Jenkins - cost us a 3rd  & 5th round pick in '08

Sione Pouha - 3rd rounder

Damon Harrison - UDFA

Nose Guards ARE NOT HARD to FIND. Just provided an example demonstrating as such. Wilk's contract is expendable after '18, so those who b!tch about not having wanted to re-sign one of our better players is crazy.  ANY TEAM in the league would SNATCH him UP in a second.  I'm skeptical of "jets fans" who are upset with the Mo contract when it has SUCH AN EASY OUT. 

SO WITH MY BIG LETTERS, I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with your sentiment and really question the football management wherewithal of those fans who rallied to re-sign a NG and dump a Premiere  (whether Jets fans admit it or not, the NFL does) 300+ lbs. defensive end who is STILL getting back to form from a 2016 BROKEN LEG. 

I hope Mo gets back, but he was a very expensive run stuffer last season. Snacks was better value for his money in 2016.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Free agent ILB Gerald Hodges is visiting the Jets on Wednesday.

Hodges has visited the Chiefs and Seahawks in recent months but remains on the open market despite a strong season in run defense last year with the 49ers. He'd be a quality add at this stage of the offseason.
Related: Jets

May 10 - 11:36 AM

?

14 hours ago, sourceworx said:
14 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:
Green-Beckham (6'5 at 237 lbs.) has built-in-a-lab type size to go with 4.49 speed, but he hasn't been able to put it together at the NFL level after being drafted

He sounds like the Vernon Golston of Wide Recivers.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Ravens agree to terms with arena league QB David Olson amid Colin Kaepernick speculation

David Olson has agreed to terms with the Ravens.

David Olson has agreed to terms with the Ravens.

(RICK SCUTERI/AP)

The Ravens have added a quarterback in the wake of Joe Flacco’s back injury.

But it’s not Colin Kaepernick.

Baltimore on Thursday agreed to terms with arena league QB David Olson, according to NFL Network.

Olson, 25, appeared in two college games with Clemson in 2014 after getting beat out by starter Andrew Luck at Stanford, where Jim Harbaugh, the brother of Ravens coach John Harbaugh, was at the helm. Olson most recently played for the KC Phantoms of Champions Indoor Football.

John Harbaugh talks Colin Kaepernick as Ravens speculation grows

According to ESPN, the Ravens’ agreement with Olson would not rule out a deal with Kaepernick, the ex-49ers signal caller who remains a free agent following his polarizing national anthem protest last season.

John Harbaugh told reporters this week he’s been in contact with Kaepernick throughout the offseason and said he’d be interested in bringing him to Baltimore.

Colin Kaepernick is still waiting for a call from an NFL team.

Colin Kaepernick is still waiting for a call from an NFL team.

(MARCIO JOSE SANCHEZ/AP)

“I’ve known Colin through my brother for many years,” Harbaugh said. “And we talked and then got to know him very well when he scrimmaged here. He and I have been talking throughout the summer a number of times. We had some great conversations on the phone and it’s really been a pleasure to talk to him and get to know him.

“I like history and politics, too, and we’ve had some debates, and it’s been fun. He’s a guy right now that’s being talked about. We’ll just see what happens with that. Only speculation right now. He’s a really good football player and like I said, I do believe he’ll be playing in the National Football League this year.”

KING: Mike Vick was actually right about Colin Kaepernick

Flacco, the Ravens’ starter and MVP in Super Bowl XLVI against the Kaepernick-led 49ers, could miss between three and six weeks with a back issue. Ryan Mallet, who is Flacco’s current backup, and Dustin Vaughan are the only other quarterbacks on the Ravens roster.

Kaepernick, who played under Jim Harbaugh for four years in San Francisco, opted out of his contract in March. Many players believe Kaepernick is now being blackballed for his protest against racial injustice.

The anthem protest was cited as the top reason (26%) fans watched fewer games last season, according to a recent survey released by J.D. Power. Off--field issues such as domestic violence came in at number two with 24 percen

I say to Colin you an sign with us, but only if you kneel first :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

I have never seen so much trade activity in the league as we approach a season.  What has shifted in 

the minds of management?

Everyone's Tanking :-)

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company