C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Mike Silver is saying the 49ers are likely to acquire Kirk Cousins.

I thought the Redskins franchises him? 

14 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

This one is tricky . It appears that Cousins wants to play for Shanahan and will leave for San Fran next yr .  If you could trade him this yr say for a 1st and a couple picks, it might be worth it rather than lose him next yr for nothing .

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I'd assume it's one of those Trade with a X time frame window to sign long term condition, probably this years 1st and another conditional pick for 2018.

Right.  Got it.  I thought once you slapped the tag that you had to trade for him with a particular draft slot and take on his contract or something like that.  I didnt realize there were little caveats in the franchise like you mentioned. 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Both of their starting DE's are 30 and older. So a chance to get younger

Huh?  Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Dominique Easly, Ethan Westbrooks and Micheal Brockers are all under 30. Sims and Hayes are both 30 with plenty left in the tank. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Do you not understand what 'acquire' means?

Nope.  Had to use google.  Unfortunately, the dictionary I used didnt explain how a team acquires a player who's been franchised by another team. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

You figure this mystery out yet, Corky?

No.  Please explain. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

PFT's Mike Florio reports "the current thinking" among those associated with free agent Darrelle Revis is that he'd want $8 million-plus to consider playing in 2017.

Revis is guaranteed $6 million this year from the Jets no matter what, so playing for anything less would mean he'd be playing for free due to offset language. An $8 million salary would essentially be $2 million in Revis' eyes. He hasn't drawn an ounce of interest since being cut a week ago. There's a very real possibility the 32-year-old (in July) sit out 2017, and possibly for good.

A 32 year old CB's career is over and I'm supposed to consider him an all time great?

please. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

CUTLER IS NOT COMING HERE AT A HIGH PRICE.

The only way he comes here is if he takes a 1 year deal

So he's going to take a cheap, 1 year deal?  lol

If he's looking for a 1 year deal, he's going to maximize his contract for it.  Typically the cost breaks comes from giving a player a long/er term deal.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

People said last year's team was the worst since Kotite. I disagreed. THIS year's team could be the worst since Kotite.

^^^^ not willing to accept the rebuild. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Tanny is building a loaded roster down there...

Just now, section314 said:

But they still have Tanneyhill. If I were Tanny, I'd be all over Cutler.

They won 10 games last year with a combo of Tannehill and Moore.  Tannehill was completing 67% of his passes before he got injured.  Tannehill is nothing special but did you know he's thrown for over 4k twice?  Had no clue.  He's not great...but he doesnt hurt you either.  He's basically a mid 60%, 4000, 25/12 type of QB.  You can win with that if everything else around you is solid and Miami is pretty solid across the board right now. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, KRL said:

NE just guaranteed Gilmore $32 million over the next two years, that has to bother Hightower.

We may actually have a shot at stealing him

Why?  What's more valuable, a shut down corner or a guy who makes a couple of tackles a game? 

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ok, now that we dont have to trade him, why not?

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If we sign Chase Daniel, Petty or Hackenberg will get the job. Daniel is worse than McCarron

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Free agent linebacker Kevin Minter is taking a visit to Indy. Will meet with the Colts

Any visits to his boy Todd in New Jersey? Serious question.  Or is this his only visit so far?

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

First visit for him that I've heard of

It makes sense.  Indy needs D talent like crazy.

Just now, section314 said:

Or maybe the Jets really like the ILB who was asked to leave the combine early? Mr.Foster.

As much as I like Foster, if they take an ILB in back to back years and one at #6 overall, I will kill my dog.  And I dont own a dog.  So I will go out and buy a dog only to kill it moments later .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Ding Dong, PETA calling!

What if I adopt a dog before the inevitable sacrifice? 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Schefter saying that we gave Hightower birthday cupcakes when he visited here. ROFLMAO.

Mac: look Dante.  Do you pronounce it Dante or Dawn-te?  Anywho.  We cant afford to give you a signing bonus but please taste these cupcakes for your Bday.  Mrs. Mac baked them for you with her secret recipe.  They are delicious! 

Hightower: ///takes bite of cup cake, makes a funny face, pulls a piece of a paper out of his mouth and begins to read; Will you sign with the Jets? check - yes or no.

• Upvote 2

Just now, peebag said:

or....on his visit slip him some magic brownies then drop a dime on his azz if he resigns with the Patsies...

Brilliant!

You're good at this.  Remind me never to trust you. lmfao

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Just when you think this franchise can't possibly get any more pathetic...well, here we are.

Depends on if they had sprinkles on the icing.  Just icing is pathetic.  Some sprinkles on the icing...well, that's just impressive. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Why would you not want Neil O'Donnell/Steve Atwater/Amp Lee these guys are proven winners I mean 

Amp Lee never played for the Jets.

- UWf

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dexter Carter*

Amp Lee was sooooo good in college. 

The Jets offseason brought you by Pootie Tang:

58963c2fe1024a7b30a4b4280981c7cf7233af07

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Baltimore signs jeremy maclin to a 2 year deal.  Terms undisclosed as of yet.

Great fit there.  Flacco needs all the help he can get. Especially with Pitta going down, forever. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company