C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

Am I the only one who thinks ASJ can be a successful starting Tight End? Dude can block and has solid hands. He was Winstons go to guy until he got hurt

I think the kid has the physical ability to be very good at the position.  Secretly hoping that he will surprise most people.  Still, he needs someone to get him the ball. 

edit:and he needs to continue not being a f.k up off the field. So far, so good with that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

For us, Foles, Kaepernick, or McCown. I'm not sure they would resign Geno, although that is a possibility.

or a cheap trade for Chase Daniels or AJ McCarron.

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Colts to trade Dwayne Allen, draft pick to Pats for 4th-round pick

If Dwayne Allen can stay healthy, something he hasn't been able to do since entering the NFL, he can be deadly with Brady. No worries though.  As usual he'll only be healthy for a small part of the season.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Holy hell.

And there I thought SFO was a rebuilding team like us.  I thought I read somewhere that rebuilding teams don't/shouldn't sign free agents?

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

would anyone do Sheldon for McCarron straight up?

geez, no.  One is a 1st round draft pick/talent with a documented very bad behavioral history and attitude and the other is a scrub QB with an alleged bad attitude.  If Mac makes such a trade, I would view that as a fireable offense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jbt said:

Clev wants a 3rd rounder for Brock and they will pay half of his salary.  do we bite?

no. We'll take him for less than half, say $6 million next season but absolutely no picks to Cleveland.  In fact, why bother at all?  Just hang up the phone if they call.

15 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

No I will not calm down UnitedWhoFans

you should consider it.  Getting upset about not overpaying for mediocre talent is silly.  Buoye?  $14 million/season with $26 million guuaranteed???? .  He wasn't even a starter for his first 3 years until injuries forced them to start him last season.  He got a lot of change for a one year flurry at the position.  Maybe he's good, maybe it was a one-year fluke, but you don't risk a lot of guaranteed money and $14 million when the draft is loaded with prospects.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I didn't even know this guy still played football. Let's sign him!

LOL.  Why?

Just now, BigRy56 said:

It's all in good fun Dcat, take it easy over there

+1  Sorry, I thought you were being serious. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Wow

According to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, Jacksonville is signing former Texans cornerback A.J. Bouye to a five-year, $67.5 million deal. The contract is set to pay Bouye $44 million over the first three years.

$26 million guaranteed for a guy who couldn't get into the starting lineup for 4 years until injuries forced the Texans to start him.  

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Okung to the Chargers is nice to see. If the Jets must suck then I will pretend to really hope the Rivers gets his day. With Bosa they have finally found an edge rusher, already have a badass passer, and now the rest should be easy peasy. 

How about we send them a pick to take Wilkerson and his contract off our hands?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

It's questionable if that trade was his call. He took responsibility for it, but that had Woody's fingerprints all over it.

Of course it was Woody.  I remember when he was questioned about it and he honestly looked shocked that some people wouldn't want Tim Tebow.

I have no doubt that Tebow was all Woody directed and Tanny just worked the mechanics of the deal with Elway.  Elway is still laughing about it to this day, I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Does it bother you that The Carolina Panthers can trade a player with half the talent of Sheldon Richardson but we can't trade Richardson for a stale bag of peanuts  ? 

yeah... if only Sheldon wasn't a step away from a full year suspension.  If only he wasn't a loud mouth locker room instigator....  then other teams might actually value him up to his talent level.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Let's trade picks and/or Sheldon for a veteran QB who has less game experience than Bryce Petty. 

LOL.  That would be very Jets-like, wouldn't it?

34 minutes ago, section314 said:

Or maybe the Jets really like the ILB who was asked to leave the combine early, Mr.Foster?

I sure do.  Most Kuechly-like ILB draft prospect since... well,...  Luke Kuechly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

If the NY Jets draft inside linebackers at 20 and then at 6 in back to back drafts we are super bowl bound

Everyone knows that ILBs are by far the most important, impactful and skill position on a team.

of course.  Doesn't everybody know that?  If we can't draft Foster, then we should sign Hightower and trade for Kuechly.  As Woody once said: "You can never have enough Tebow  ILB."

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

You know the old saying....."speak to your audience.":D

In other words:

"Tell it to me like I'm six years old!"   

-Denzel Washington, Philadelphia 1993

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, thadude said:

How is a good, not great ILB worth $10+ mil but Glennon, a good qb, not worth $14 mil

Nobody knows if Glennon is a "good" QB or not based on his 2+ year old limited body of work.  Glennon MIGHT be good.  He might not.  Thus $14.5 million with hefty guarantees is a big risk.  Hightower is a known commodity.  His strengths and weaknesses are known and a team willing to invest  $10-$12 million knows exactly what it's getting. Less risk.  

Most arguments about Glennon are weak, because it all rest on the assumption that Glennon is going to be a good starter.  He was fair to mediocre when given the chance, but that was quite a while ago.  He is an unknown..   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Completely different approach the Jets took 2 years ago. Revis, Cromartie, Marshall, Fitz were all over 30 and even though Marshall and Revis were still good in their 1st season their best days were behind them. Just like McLendon and Forte last year.

Hightower is a young player that can grow with the team. He could actually play out his contract.

^This.  The analogy to 2 years ago is feeble. 

15 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Schefter on twitter-  Dont'a Hightower is returning to the New England Patriots, sources tell ESPN. New England's off-season rolls on.

Shocking news. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

He's 38 years old. If his choices are starting for the Jets -the thing that basically ended Ryan Fitzpatrick's career- or never playing a down for the Cowboys for a couple years, I'd think he'd jump at the Cowboys. 

He hasn't much NFL time left.  He'll go where there is more money offered.  Last hurrah.

Just now, section314 said:

Didn't Elway draft Tebow? 

Elway unloaded Tebow to the Jets and got a draft pick.  He is still laughing as we speak. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This is the part I still can;t get about the people that are hackenburg supporters.  If you are a hack supporter you should be enraged at how the jets handled him last year.

Instead all you get is 'the plan was to red shirt him!'

It was infuriating.  Gailey is at the end of his career and the last thing he wanted was to monkey around with a raw rookie in need of serious coaching.  Fu-K him.  He never even tried to do anything with this kid, just shelving him for a season probably because he knew that he's be done in New York after 2016.  I can't understand how nobody sees this. Gailey had zero interest in dealing with a rookie QB.  Or a sophomore one either in Petty. 

Gailey was a huge part of setting us back one year. ANd Bowles stupidly went along with anything his OC said bexcause he is Rex II, only wothout the big mouth.  Fingers crossed with Morton.  He should be looking beyond the short term.   We already know that Bowles will let him do whatever he wants, so a lot will be riding on Morton's shoulders.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I can't think of a single phrase that better captures this fanbase's wanton defiance of reality in re: Hackenberg than "wobbly dart."

"wanton defiance of reality"

Love the hyperbole.  Nice.  You never disappoint.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, varjet said:

McCown tells me that the Jets are going with Hack and/or a draft pick.  They are not playing the short term game. 

I applaud that.

You spoke to him? He told you that?  Or am I being too captain literal this morning?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Raideraholic said:

April fools.

Ha

58 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Beastmode to be a Raider.   ( PR move as you bring the  local legend home, as you transition from Oakland to Las Vegas.   

figured this would happen. So are the Raiduhs giving Seattle a draft pick or will Seattle just let him go?

Baltimore signs jeremy maclin to a 2 year deal.  Terms undisclosed as of yet.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:49 PM, Gas2No99 said:
Trumaine Johnson - DB -  Rams

Height:

6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight:  208 lb (94 kg)

gettyimages-459082900.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Rams will not reach a long-term agreement with franchise-tagged CB Trumaine Johnson before the July 17 deadline.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported the same a week ago, and it does not look like anything has changed. Unable to sign Johnson to a long-term deal after tagging him last year, it would have been difficult for the Rams to handle this situation any worse, and it now looks like Johnson will head to free agency next spring having earned $31 million over two seasons.

Jun 27 - 10:23 AM

The Rams are ridiculous. Why give Johnson all this money in 2017 when your team isn't even going to come close to .500 this season when you know he'll be leaving after the season?

Anquan Boldin to sign with Bills later today.  Contract details not available.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company