C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Shaping up pretty interestingly. 

SF - Hoyer

Chi- Glennon

Denver - Romo

Bills - Taylor

Cle? 

Jets? 

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Nobody even knows what the "monster" offer is/consists of..

Well somebody with no credentials said it on twitter, so it must be true. Or at least worth 10 pages of people bitching about it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

here's a good thought.  if the bears sign glennon then maybe they don't use their no. 3 draft pick for a qb.  the jags have a qb. that leaves just cleveland and the 49ers left to select one of the top qb's in this years draft.  so there's a good chance that watson or trubisky may be available at no. 6.

i read this a few times and still don't see the good thought. 

• Upvote 1

So far this seems to be following a similar pattern to Mac's first two FA periods. The Jets are linked to a couple of higher profile names, the fanbase gets all excited/anxious/aggravated depending on the player, then that player goes on to sign elsewhere, prompting the board to split into the 'the jets suck so bad they can't sign anyone!!!' and the 'during a rebuild you don't sign any FAs!' factions...

If the past few off seasons are any indication, the next phase will be reports later this afternoon and tomorrow of the Jets signing players who there hadn't been linked to the team in any sort of way. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He been done I said this last year when we signed him ..  just like Steven Ridley was done ..

Mac has a thing for injury prone running backs who will never regain form again. And bias fans have a thing for acting like these guys are gonna be anything else than the shell they have become . 

Cant wait too see what Washed up running back we sign this year .

I don't see the sense in bringing any FA RB in this offseason. We're already committed to about $10M for Forte/Powell. Use a late round pick on an RB to fill out the roster. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Methinks this is Hightower's agent also trying to get more money from NE. But it makes sense for the Jets

Agreed. When was the last time the jets actually signed a guy they've been linked to? Seems most of their signings are kept hush hush until the ink is dried

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

If you saw Catanzaro the last 2 years, I would categorize him more as a camp leg and HUGE DOWNGRADE from Folk.

Maybe the Jets were afraid Folk's leg might accidentally win them a game or two this year. Better safe than sorry. 

• Upvote 4

The last thing this team needs is a 38 year old journeyman under center in 2017. If he's brought in, it better be on a super cheap deal, with the understanding that he'll only see the field in the event that both the kids sh*t the bed.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He will be the day one starter, be prepared to be disappointed.

If history is any indication, you're 100% correct.  

But if they're conceding it's a lost season, give the kids the reigns and let's see what they can do. It seems that it's a foreign concept to this organization.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't disagree with you but any vet will come in here, look 20 times better than either of the younger guys in camp and this will start.

I think our Gm has enough job security to go with kids but not the coach.

No doubt. Maybe the can resign him to a $12M a year deal when he turns 39. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company