C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

6 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Becht last played for the Jets in 2004 was drafted in 2000. Played another 7 years in the league 12 seasons and played all 16 games in 10 of those. May not have had the receiving numbers many would have liked, but to play that many games in 10 of 12 seasons tell me he had more than an average career.

But he ALWaYS DROPPED THE DAMN BALL AT THE MOST CRUCIAL TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry:

• Upvote 1

NO!!!!!!!!

Pats to TRADE FOR Colts' DeWayne Allen for ONLY a 6th!!!!  :angry:

Patriots acquired TE Dwayne Allen and a sixth-round pick from the Colts in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

The surprising move is a result of free agency's moving parts, with the Colts re-signing Jack Doyle and the Pats letting Martellus Bennett walk. Allen has long teased tantalizing upside as a complete tight end, but was extremely disappointing in the first season of a four-year, $29.4 million extension in 2016. Allen was out-played by Doyle, including as a blocker. The Pats clearly believe his game can be revived, while he can be more of a role player if Rob Gronkowski can stay on the field. If not, Allen has the skill-set to be an every-down player, at least in theory.
Related: Colts

Mar 8 - 4:27 PM

1 minute ago, C Mart said:
Kyle Juszczyk - RB -  49ers

49ers agreed to terms with FB Kyle Juszczyk, formerly of the Ravens.

Juszczyk is an excellent blocker, but also an adept pass catcher, snagging 78 passes over the past two seasons. He'll be a versatile body out of the backfield for creative play-caller Kyle Shanahan. Slowly but surely, the 49ers are at least adding a few viable NFLers to their skill corps. Juszczyk turns 26 in April.

Mar 8 - 4:48 PM

Marcus Williams - DB -  Jets

The Jets are expected to use a second-rounder tender on restricted free agent CB Marcus Williams.

Undrafted in 2014, the Jets would risk losing Williams for nothing at the original round level. Williams is coming off a down year, but had six interceptions in 2015. The second-round tender will play him $2.746 million.;)

Mar 8 - 5:29 PM

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:
Marcus Williams - DB -  Jets

The Jets are expected to use a second-rounder tender on restricted free agent CB Marcus Williams.

Undrafted in 2014, the Jets would risk losing Williams for nothing at the original round level. Williams is coming off a down year, but had six interceptions in 2015. The second-round tender will play him $2.746 million.;)

Mar 8 - 5:29 PM

Is Marcus Williams worth $2.75/year as a 4th DB?

Modern day NFL inflation b/c that's good coin for a depth guy who gets nicked up A LOT. OTOH, he has shown to ballhawk and trip upon INTs every now and then. Good locker room vet? Undrafted FA who's survived to his 4th Pro year thus far. 

Newsday reports the Jets aren't expected to land free agent S Tony Jefferson.

The Jets were the early favorites for Jefferson but have since fallen behind the Browns and Ravens. They aren't expected to come close to what Cleveland is offering. Jefferson is expected to get more than $7 million annually.

Mar 8 - 6:15 PM

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Trevor Siemen rumblings

Trevor Siemian - QB -  Broncos

USA Today's Tom Pelissero "would't be surprised" if the Jets called the Broncos about Trevor Siemian, should Tony Romo land in Denver.

Romo would make Siemian expendable, and likely available for a third- through fifth-round pick. There were rumors the 49ers and Bills might have Siemian interest, but San Francisco signed Brian Hoyer, and Buffalo restructured Tyrod Taylor's deal. The Jets whiffed on Hoyer and appear to have lost out on free agent Mike Glennon to Chicago. Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg round out the current quarterback depth chart in New York.

Mar 8 - 8:54 PM

We'll end up trading a 7th for Chase Daniel or Brandon Weeden

Seahawks sign Luke Joeckel. I liked him as a possibility 

A LOT of 1 year contracts

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

JETS NEWS!

Just got rid of our Power Back. Hello Fournette. 

SNY Jets Nation FA Special is on right now. 

with our Jeane Coakley :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Must have a lot of dead air...

Praise of the Winters re-signing. Mac definitely beat out overpaying for Winters prior to FA

I feel we settle for CB Prince Amukamara on a 2 year deal after the initial 

4f2c6b1c7386b45eb86d59bc7515b7df.jpg

Stacy McGee - DL -  Redskins

Redskins signed DT Stacy McGee, formerly of the Raiders, to a five-year, $25 million contract.

1 minute ago, jdeacon said:

Man if Osweiller already have confidence issues this one should put him to rest. Traded after one season to the browns as a salary dump and then potentially cut from the browns.  The freaking browns think he sucks that is all you need to know.

0fae21c6f96336f7318c090799a55726.png

It was a SAVVY move by the Browns to acquire  a 2nd rounder for '18 in a year where they can LITERALLY THROW AWAY cap space. Also kills a HORRIBLE contract and serves as a warning to other teams. 

Bengals re-signed CB Dre Kirkpatrick.

The Bengals whiffed on retaining their best two offensive linemen in free agency. Their counter move is to keep a solid-if-unspectacular starting cornerback they did spend the last five years developing. Plus sized (6'2/186) and still only 27 years old, Kirkpatrick has nine interceptions over the past four seasons and has been an every-down player for the past two. Assuming the Bengals keep RCB Adam Jones, Kirkpatrick will return as the team's starting left corner.

Mar 9 - 4:30 PM

Jets interested in re-signing Tanner Purdum, source says

Cupboard is looking bare for a veteran QB. 

I call Jets trade a conditional 2018 6th rounder to New Orleans for QB Luke McCown who's in the final year of a 2 year deal @ the BARGAIN price of $1.5M for 2017.  OC Morton has a veteran QB to tutor the pups and a player he's worked with from his previous post in NO. 

Let's Give him that Chance to SHINE in 2017! :D

• Upvote 1

Geno Smith - QB -  Free Agent

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Chargers and Browns "have interest" in free agent Geno Smith.

RapSheet added Smith's visit with the Giants over the weekend "went extremely well." Of the three links, the Browns are the only team where Smith would have the opportunity to compete for a starting job. With Geno recovering from an October ACL tear, teams will likely want to see how his rehab is progressing before really kicking the tires.

Source: NFL.com 
Mar 13 - 8:46 PM

Sign else where already Geno,. Comp picks for '19! 

I TRULY have NO IDEA what this Jets team will be by opening day September. QB? OLB?  #1WR ? (Decker will be a gimped #2), #1CB?, FS?,TE?, Kicker? TYPE OF OFFENSE?!?!?!?!?

LOL! I'm not angrily complaining like some others here who tend to blow gaskets more frequently, but it's rather comical and (maybe my Condition's been conditioned)  all I can do is laugh. 

NY Jets = Greek Tragedy/Comedy tumblr_inline_n44oavml7u1se0g5i.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Kicker is one of the only things Jets have addressed: Catazaro.

If you saw Catanzaro the last 2 years, I would categorize him more as a camp leg and HUGE DOWNGRADE from Folk.

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

Good thing the Jets don't have a game for another 5+ months

True, so ALL that team cohesion talk that SO MANY players emphasize as a key to on-field success, will have definitely set in for the Jets in the next 5 months by opening day.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Isn't he the bust from Baylor a few years back?

That he is AND WE TRADED Wayne Hunter FOR HIM in 2012! 

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

If they are truly interested in Mcnown, i think that says a lot about what the think of Hackenberg.  Mcnown is not a starter and wont last all year.  

Which is the PERFECT way for Hack to transition as smoothly as possible in the mid-season as the starter going forward by mid-October.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I wonder what certain Jet fans thought about Christian Hackenberg after the Giants  pre-season game ?  That exhibition and what followed in the Eagles pre-season game is the issue the Jets need to figure out .

After the Giants game I felt Mac got his guy. The Eagles showed that the kid still needed to acclimate to the game (he never got TC reps) and validated why there are some who are SO CRITICAL of the neophyte. 

I believe that Hack can BE the QB. it's the only thing , thus far, rationalizing re-newing my STix.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, section314 said:

Didn't Elway draft Tebow? 

Brian Xanders - 2010 Denver GM

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I can't think of a single phrase that better captures this fanbase's wanton defiance of reality in re: Hackenberg than "wobbly dart."

I can't think of a more typical troll response. You're reaching PatsTXFan levels. 

If you take into consideration that sadly some of our more successful QBs  of recent times were lobbers (Fitz, Sanchez, Pennington) it's GOOD TO SEE REAL VELOCITY on the throws that Hack makes. Yes, they are not all pretty spirals all the time, but they get there with ZIP to the WR. Something Jets starting QBs have usually lacked. 

So go $hit on some other parade and I'm glad I can so succinctly capture the deluded-ness of the Jets fanbase at the mere whisk of my fingers on a keyboard. 

• Upvote 1

Free agent QB Chase Daniel is visiting the Jets on Monday.

Daniel visited the Saints on Sunday, but the Jets would figure to offer him a chance to compete for the starting job this year. That likely appeals to Daniel. The Jets don't seem to have much of a plan at quarterback. They've been connected to Jay Cutler, Josh McCown, and now Daniel the past two weeks.
Related: Jets

Mar 20 - 9:25 AM

On March 20, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Integrity28 said:

eSqRuKk.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_lwqafrqASi1r4gei2o6_400.gif

This post is EXACTLY why I keep returning to this forum. It's a crappy neighborhood full of crazies, obsoletes, and morons, but it's my Jets  home. :wub:

• Upvote 2

NFL Draft 2017: Penn State LB Brandon Bell to visit Eagles, Giants, Jets, report says

NCAA Football: Rose Bowl Game-Penn State vs Southern California
January 2, 2017; Pasadena, CA, USA; Penn State Nittany Lions linebacker Brandon Bell (11) recovers the ball on a turnover against the Southern California Trojans during the second half of the 2017 Rose Bowl game at the Rose Bowl. Mandatory Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports (Gary A. Vasquez)

Mays Landing native and Penn State linebacker Brandon Bell will be taking pre-NFL Draft visits to the EaglesGiants and Jetsaccording to a report from Penn State 24-7. 

Projected to be a Round 6-7 prospect in next month's NFL Draft in Philadelphia, Bell was a stalwart on the Nittany Lion defense and widely viewed as one of the team's staunchest leaders. Last season, Bell finished with 89 tackles, four sacks, three forced fumbles and two interceptions.

Bell suffered an elbow injury on an interception return off USC quarterback Sam Darnold in the Nittany Lions' loss to the Trojans in the Rose Bowl. The injury capped Bell's collegiate career. Earlier last season, Bell was sidelined for four games last season with a leg injury. 

"[The injury] didn't hurt as much, the loss lingered with me maybe a little bit longer," Bell said of his Rose Bowl injury. "Everyone is different. It stung. Obviously, we wanted to win. Me getting hurt. But you get over it."

As Penn State 24-7 points out, Bell ran a 4.68 in the 40-yard dash, recorded 15 reps on the bench press and leapt 35 inches in the vertical jump at the Nittany Lions Pro Day. 

Bell isn't the only Penn State product on radars as the team has set up a private workout with wide receiver Chris Godwin, as well.

Here are highlights from Bell's senior season: 

• Upvote 1

Bengals release veteran LB Rey Maualuga

The Cincinnati Bengals have released veteran linebacker Rey Maualuga, the team announced Saturday.

Maualuga was entering the last season of his contract and was due $3.6 million in salary and bonuses.

He has been with the Bengals since they selected him in the second round of the 2009 draft and has been a longtime starter at middle linebacker. However, Maualuga's playtime dropped considerably in 2016, and the Bengals added linebacker Kevin Minter in free agency, indicating they might be looking for an upgrade at that position.

"Rey has been a tough and productive player for us, and a fine teammate, and this is a difficult decision," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said in a statement. "It's one of several we have made to transition to a younger group at linebacker as we continue to shape our 2017 roster."

Second-year linebacker Nick Vigil also is expected to get an expanded role next season in a defense that slipped in 2016, finishing 17th in yards allowed.

Maualuga played in 114 games with 104 starts in his eight seasons with the Bengals.

Bengals released MLB Rey Maualuga.

The writing was on the wall after the Bengals signed Kevin Minter. Maualuga was a seven-year starter in Cincy, but injuries and ineffectiveness reduced him to a part-time role (326 snaps) in 2016. His release saves $3.75 million against the cap. Entering his age-30 season, Maualuga should resurface closer to the veteran minimum.
Related: Bengals

Mar 25 - 3:14 PM
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

..the one Gem we did Draft In Harrison was the guy we needed to keep to anchor our defense not Mo Wilk and I said that from day 1 and I'm saying it now with Richardson

WRONG.

Harrison wasn't DRAFTED. He was an UDFA and signing a NG to a BIG $$$ Contract is about as stupid as the majority of the posters on this board. It would have been ABSOLUTELY stupid to have re-signed Harrison to a Big Contract since NGs are EASILY found in the 5th+ Rounds or as UDFA and for DIRT CHEAP and so much $ has ALREADY been INVESTED in the DLine. 

Simon and McClendon were sufficient at a fraction of the cost.  

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company